GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

the other big rivalry is Bama/Auburn which has really mattered nationally no more than a handful of times since i started watching in 1973

Oklahoma/Nebraska was a great rivalry in the days of the Big Eight, we waited until Thanksgiving for this wishbone battle, the first time either met a team in the top 100

Smoke building on this being Urban’s last home game (health reasons) and he’s waiting to announce until after CFP is off the table ... 

I don’t think anyone would be “shocked” if this happens  but I still haven’t heard it from the right people to give it a ton of credibility. 

6 minutes ago, row_33 said:

who would be the top two picks to replace Urban as HC?

(just speculatin')

the use of "my last game" at Columbus speech before and half-time can work wonders :D

lol ... right now the hot name being discussed is Matt Campbell from Iowa state. Ryan Day was discussed as a coach in waiting earlier in the season. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

the industrial league hockey coach in Perfectly Normal uses the "i'm dying soon" speech in a hospital bed.

then a player tells him to knock it off...

at 1 hour 13 minutes....  :D

great hockey movie...

Edited by row_33

5 hours ago, row_33 said:

the other big rivalry is Bama/Auburn which has really mattered nationally no more than a handful of times since i started watching in 1973

Oklahoma/Nebraska was a great rivalry in the days of the Big Eight, we waited until Thanksgiving for this wishbone battle, the first time either met a team in the top 100

I remember how big of a game Nebraska-Oklahoma was. What a rivalry that was.

2 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

So much for that great Michigan defense.

Michigan lost to the Irish backup QB and haven’t played anyone since, stats mean nothing in clutch time 

Scoreboard is all that matters

Edited by row_33

On November 25, 2018 at 7:25 AM, Bill from NYC said:

Congrats to all Buckeye Fans! 

OSU is not an easy team for me to understand but they sure can score points, and in spite of the high scores and loss of Bosa; I can see some talent on their defense.

I also want to welcome you to the Crimson Tide Fan Club, be it only for 1 week. :);) 

Because Ohio State leapfrogged UCF?  I get it.  No way could UCF stay within 4 touchdowns of Purdue .

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

Because Ohio State leapfrogged UCF?  I get it.  No way could UCF stay within 4 touchdowns of Purdue .

You do make sense.  If you read my post that you answered, I said that I don't understand OSU. Allow me to add that at this point, I fail to understand the entire Big 10.

I am NOT talking smack to you, but as an Alabama Fan the truth is that I would welcome a playoff game against UCF. In fact, the team that I am the most concerned about is Georgia, followed by OSU. The reason for this is that from my point of view, Bama is NOT a defensive team this season. They appear to be a good defensive squad with a truly exceptional offense. UCF seems to have given up a lot of points to lower rated teams.

OSU, while shaky at times, has proven that they can score. Georgia seems to be a very good and balanced team. Could UCF compete with these teams? I don't know but it is certainly possible. Would they do well against Alabama? Sorry but I cannot visualize them doing so, but I have no wish to fight with you about this.

Peace, and GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!