GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hope Bosa is ready for Penn St. Heard like 4 different versions of what his injury is (groin, hip strain, abdominal strain, Lower leg (ryan day said this but doubt it). But he was limping badly  in the tunnel to the locker room after the game. 

It sure looked like a groin to me. I think he will be okay (at least I hope).

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Hope Bosa is ready for Penn St. Heard like 4 different versions of what his injury is (groin, hip strain, abdominal strain, Lower leg (ryan day said this but doubt it). But he was limping badly  in the tunnel to the locker room after the game. 

I hope we get him, from the games I've watched, he is the best rusher. There are some other excellent options at DT but we REALLY NEED an outside pass rusher.I

• Like (+1) 1

The guys on Bucknuts Morning 5 today said it’s either a groin tear or maybe a hernia. He’s not out for the season, but he’ll be out for a while because if an injury like this does not heal properly there is a high likelihood that it becomes a long term issue. Maybe a month or so. Not a good situation for him and I expect the Bucks to be smart about getting him back to 100%. 

16 minutes ago, Willyville Guy said:

The guys on Bucknuts Morning 5 today said it’s either a groin tear or maybe a hernia. He’s not out for the season, but he’ll be out for a while because if an injury like this does not heal properly there is a high likelihood that it becomes a long term issue. Maybe a month or so. Not a good situation for him and I expect the Bucks to be smart about getting him back to 100%. 

I could see him out until after the Bye week. That would be returning at home vs Nebraska Nov 3. Sparty,Maryland, TTUN for the home stretch and then hopefully playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I could see him out until after the Bye week. That would be returning at home vs Nebraska Nov 3. Sparty,Maryland, TTUN for the home stretch and then hopefully playoffs. 

That sounds about right. We’ll see what Urban says about it today but at this point I think there’s no chance he’ll play at PSU. 

1 hour ago, Willyville Guy said:

That sounds about right. We’ll see what Urban says about it today but at this point I think there’s no chance he’ll play at PSU. 

Agree. It’s a super huge game but imo if they can’t win it without him they don’t deserve to win. They have studs up and down the DL. Just get it done. Lots of work to do on that defense and DL is not the place that needs it.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Brutal. Their LB coach needs to go. 

Yeah, I joked upthread that Davis would be Public Enemy #1 now that Smith is gone, but he deserves it at this point. OSU recruits the same level of talent at LB as it does every other position group, so the reason LBs are so far behind the rest has got to be poor coaching.  Davis's NFL experience isn't translating to the college game for whatever reason. Without significant improvement, he will not be the position coach in 2019. 

I'm actually feeling really good about the secondary. Okudah and Sheffield at corners, Fuller and Wade at safety. That works for me - assuming Wade can make the transition to safety.  He's a beast that should be on the field, and I can see him developing into a ball-hawking safety in the mold of Malik Hooker.

40 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Penn State is the biggest conference rival for many years now, often gives tOSU all they can handle

Urban’s toughest B10 opponent has been Sparty followed by PSU (after Franklin got there). It is just extremely difficult to play in happy valley at night and this is a super young Buckeye  team. 

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Urban’s toughest B10 opponent has been Sparty followed by PSU (after Franklin got there). It is just extremely difficult to play in happy valley at night and this is a super young Buckeye  team. 

I recall the PSU games more than Sparty. Michigan hammered PSU with ease during my years attending games but couldn’t offer the Buckeyes a challenge