GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

I havent had a chance to really follow them much. What has me saying that is the playoff losses and the significant loss last year. It just seemed, from memory, that they fielded better teams (win/loss) than the last few years. I think...and again this is from an outsiders lack of knowledge view...that their biggest issue was finding that star qb. Which I think urban needs in his offense. Its not like an Alabama offense which relied on its defense to win. 

55 minutes ago, Bfanlc said:

I havent had a chance to really follow them much. What has me saying that is the playoff losses and the significant loss last year. It just seemed, from memory, that they fielded better teams (win/loss) than the last few years. I think...and again this is from an outsiders lack of knowledge view...that their biggest issue was finding that star qb. Which I think urban needs in his offense. Its not like an Alabama offense which relied on its defense to win. 

If they can make the good defenses need to defend both the pass and the run, they will be able to go far in the playoff. With their new QB, that should be the case, but he has a small sample size so we will see. He’s not the Braxton miller/JT Barrett type. So the offense will need to evolve from the Qb runs that have long infiltrated urban’s scheme. They have two 1000 yard RBs on the squad, 10 starting caliber WRs, 4 stud TEs and a Qb with a big arm so it’s one of the bigger storylines this year. They do have another Qb who is a Russ Wilson type who they say will see time as well... he’s the runner. 

Imo the reason they couldn’t succeed vs Clemson was the limitations of JTB and the stubbornness of urban. JTB has a lot of good qualities but establishing throwing the ball downfield as an element of the offense was not one. 

Good: Buckeye football is back and it was beautiful!!

Haskins - arm, decision making, accuracy, went through progressions, he’s a stud. Offense totally different with him and i loved every second

Offensive playcalling :wub:

no hesitancy in getting the play calls in and having to take stupid time outs

mike weber!!! is fast.

OL esp Michael Jordan at C

our one punt - Chrisman is a stud

Dline - embarrassment of riches. Pass rush Will win us at least one close game

WRs - look much better under the tutelage of Hartline. Silver lining in this whole mess 

Zero QB runs!!!! 

Bad

LBs - out of position constantly, looked slow instinctually and literally. Should never be the case with this group. I know Browning is not a natural mlb and was playing out of position at times but they really need to tighten up. Hopefully Borland s back at MLB full time next week and they can kick Browning outside. Reminded me of Iowa last year. I wonder if  Brett McMurphy have any dirt on Bill Davis?

safeties- I hope Fuller’s hammy heals quick. Wint got burnt multiple times. Got to go.

chase young and  Jeff okudah need to settle down. Too many penalties. Okudah had same issue in the bowl game. 

The too-early Tate Martell package. I get putting him in with the backups in the 4th qtr but it made no sense to insert him in the 1st half. Just ride the Dwayne train!

The best:

And finally.... Coach Meyer can be back at the facility today!!! Welcome back Coach. I can’t imagine what it was like for him to watch the game at home on TV. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

55 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The best:

And finally.... Coach Meyer can be back at the facility today!!! Welcome back Coach. I can’t imagine what it was like for him to watch the game at home on TV. 

I bet it was like watching an assistant coach trounce his wife.

Come on YOLO, love your team if you must, but Urban is a legendary POS. 

41 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I bet it was like watching an assistant coach trounce his wife.

Come on YOLO, love your team if you must, but Urban is a legendary POS. 

You are certainly entitled to your opinion about the situation, but there is a separate thread for that ....

This thread is for discussing Buckeye football.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

You are certainly entitled to your opinion about the situation, but there is a separate thread for that ....

YOLO, Comments about Urban Meyer are very appropriate for this Ohio State thread, even if there is a separate thread for the issue related to the troubling issue and the way it was handled by the football program under the stewardship of the vaunted Head Coach.  

You made a sympathetic/supportive comment about Urban. And WEO sarcastically  responded to it. In my opinion he was not out of bounds with his comment. 

The assistant head coach was a reprobate who had a history of rancid behavior within and outside the program. He was protected and kept on by the head coach. My point is that WEO's scathing response was appropriate and relevant to this topic. 

21 minutes ago, JohnC said:

YOLO, Comments about Urban Meyer are very appropriate for this Ohio State thread, even if there is a separate thread for the issue related to the troubling issue and the way it was handled by the football program under the stewardship of the vaunted Head Coach.  

You made a sympathetic/supportive comment about Urban. And WEO sarcastically  responded to it. In my opinion he was not out of bounds with his comment. 

The assistant head coach was a reprobate who had a history of rancid behavior within and outside the program. He was protected and kept on by the head coach. My point is that WEO's scathing response was appropriate and relevant to this topic. 

My opinion is just as valid, and the comment is fine but don’t expect any kind of debate about the case in this thread. Plus anyone who follows me even a little bit on this board knows I don’t love Urban Meyer so it’s moot. However my dislike has nothing to do with his off-field situation. I am happy he is back in the facility. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

59 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Why would I respond to your comment from this thread...in another thread?

Why not start a "Welcome back Coach Meyer--So Great to Have You  Back (Even Though I Don't Like You)!!!" thread?  

51 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

My opinion is just as valid, and the comment is fine but don’t expect any kind of debate about the case in this thread. Plus anyone who follows me even a little bit on this board knows I don’t love Urban Meyer so it’s moot. However my dislike has nothing to do with his off-field situation. I am happy he is back in the facility. 

What's next a separate threads for the Buckeyes defense, offense, special teams and coaching staff? 

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Good: Buckeye football is back and it was beautiful!!

Haskins - arm, decision making, accuracy, went through progressions, he’s a stud. Offense totally different with him and i loved every second

Offensive playcalling :wub:

no hesitancy in getting the play calls in and having to take stupid time outs

mike weber!!! is fast.

OL esp Michael Jordan at C

our one punt - Chrisman is a stud

Dline - embarrassment of riches. Pass rush Will win us at least one close game

WRs - look much better under the tutelage of Hartline. Silver lining in this whole mess 

Zero QB runs!!!! 

Bad

LBs - out of position constantly, looked slow instinctually and literally. Should never be the case with this group. I know Browning is not a natural mlb and was playing out of position at times but they really need to tighten up. Hopefully Borland s back at MLB full time next week and they can kick Browning outside. Reminded me of Iowa last year. I wonder if  Brett McMurphy have any dirt on Bill Davis?

safeties- I hope Fuller’s hammy heals quick. Wint got burnt multiple times. Got to go.

chase young and  Jeff okudah need to settle down. Too many penalties. Okudah had same issue in the bowl game. 

The too-early Tate Martell package. I get putting him in with the backups in the 4th qtr but it made no sense to insert him in the 1st half. Just ride the Dwayne train!

The best:

Agree about Haskins, obviously. He may be a bigger factor in the WR improvement than the coaching change in that room.  It’s 2018 and I don’t want to spend the season talking about JTB, but everything we discussed last season about inaccuracies and not throwing people open was on full display. The passing game was glorious. 

Day and Wilson were definitely feeling themselves in the play calling. Wilson 100% called that TE pass for his own unit. I hope they prove themselves over these three weeks and Urban lets them keep it going. No called QB runs for Haskins was a dream come true. 

As for the Defense, well, now that Smith is gone the fans will need a new public enemy, and that person is Bill Davis. The LBs need to get organized and fast.  Most of the points came on just a few big plays rather than sustained drives. Those breakdowns remind me way too much of 2013. Hopefully all the secondary players leaving for the NFL these past few years haven’t finally caught up to the defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

Agree with pretty much everything here Yolo. That offense looked SO good!! 

Way too many big plays on defense. Hopefully Borland and Fuller will make a massive impact but that was scary. Teams are going to try to run those draws and quick screens to negate the pass rush. The Bucks will have to adapt. If they do, they will contend for a title.

• Like (+1) 1

Reminder the Yankees were on a few years ago and O’Neill and Kay were talking about Script Ohio.

and Kay casuallly asks if Paul has been invited to dot the i.

and Paul was silent for 20 seconds in dismay, then said he thinks Woody and Jack did it, and maybe another civilian, they just don’t let people do that....

Edited by row_33

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

Reminder the Yankees were on a few years ago and O’Neill and Kay were talking about Script Ohio.

and Kay casuallly asks if Paul has been invited to dot the i.

and Paul was silent for 20 seconds in dismay, then said he thinks Woody and Jack did it, and maybe another civilian, they just don’t let people do that....

Very true!!

The weather today is going to be brutal. Pouring rain. Whole game. Praying for a safe, well-played game. Rutgers has some speed at RB with Blackshear. If they haven’t fixed what ailed them from last week this D is going to make me throw things. Go Bucks!!