GO Bucks

YoloinOhio

that is all

Bucknell University has a football team?

My bad. Apparently they do. Their nickname is the "Bisons".

I see the connection now: BUFFALO Bills -> Bucknell BISONS

:devil:

• 3 weeks later...

Go Bucks! Long live the JT Barrett regime!

I'm still in shock. But Next man up. They were only going to go as far as the D took them anyway. At least now our expectations aren't as high? Braxton to come back next year. Praying for the kid - his whole world just turned upside down! He is such an elite athlete. At least it wasn't his legs!!

On another note - maybe Urban can use Cardale Jones in the Tebow role and Barrett in the Chris Leak role a la 2006?

Edited by YoloinOhio

From what I've read the offense moves much better with Barrett (than Cardale). I was never much of a Braxton fan, so I'm not as heartbroken as some I talked to today. I'm in the minority in thinking Terrell was MUCH better (I think we win the title if he plays his senior year). Hoping it actually lights a fire for the team, with expectations high every year there can be complacency, this could be a spark. I only need to beat THEM to consider the season a success.

From what I've read the offense moves much better with Barrett (than Cardale). I was never much of a Braxton fan, so I'm not as heartbroken as some I talked to today. I'm in the minority in thinking Terrell was MUCH better (I think we win the title if he plays his senior year). Hoping it actually lights a fire for the team, with expectations high every year there can be complacency, this could be a spark. I only need to beat THEM to consider the season a success.

i am ready to see what Barrett can do. He was hand picked by urban and Tom Herman to run this offense. He is known to be a great leader and distributor of the ball. Maybe urban won't lean so much on designed QB runs without Miller in there. My concern is 4 new starters on the OL and a QB who has yet to take a snap starting a game in 10 days! I do think our WRs are better this year, TE is awesome, and D will be much improved. I trust Urban. Go Bucks!

• 2 weeks later...

Did not get to see the game here in Ohio! It was on cbssn and I dropped cable (thought that locally it would be switched to CBS proper like ESPN/ABC do.. but nope), so i then went to the bar, and they didn't have the channel. I'm sure several other bars did, but for whatever reason I stayed put, and just watched lots of CFB.

JT's stat line didn't look bad, but the one int was boneheaded. I'm excited still, learning on the job, VA Tech next.. big test. GO BUCKS!

He looked ok. The pick was awful because they were in the red zone about to score. I was surprised they couldn't run much and I realllly missed Hyde. He threw a few nice passes but it seemed they had the playbook pretty buttoned up. The D really struggled against the triple option because our DBS were getting blocked out of every play by their "receivers." It is really hard to judge our D on that game. I do think we have some nice offensive weapons. Wish we had Spence back this week. Huge game . Go bucks!

Thanks. I'm sure it was a bit conservative with a larger opponent coming up. Like i said, im very positive about JT, by no means do i expect him to be Famous Jameis, or even Braxton, but he could be a spark the offense needs. Looks like the new o-line has some improving to do. Not a good report on their work, have i read anywhere. "Minus, minus, minus", I'll certainly use that phrase in the future.

Not a chance I miss next weeks game. I'll be in Chicago for the machine tool show going on there (I'll also be at the Bill's opener, nice timing huh? I work for Bears fans). The only issue might be pacing myself Saturday night, so I have something left on Sunday afternoon.

The KS game went about as expected. ECU was a sexy pick to crash the playoff this year, but they lost last week. So essentially we lost last week to a team that will likely end the season unranked. Beating the Mi(s), will be enough to consider the season a success.