Know anyone with a disease? Read this

You don't think someone who has to self medicate all day every day doesn't have a mental problem?

Not necessarily. I know a guy who tokes all day makes 150k plus (Hampton Roads not NY/SF cost of living) in a white collar banking/finance environment and seems like he has life by the balls.

I also see the dread head who works at the bong shops that can barely speak without sounding like a dumbass.

Guess folks are different when it comes to the weed.

Edited by Maury Ballstein

Not necessarily. I know a guy who tokes all day makes 150k plus (Hampton Roads not NY/SF cost of living) in a white collar banking/finance environment and seems like he has life by the balls.

I also see the dread head who works at the bong shops that can barely speak without sounding like a dumbass.

Guess folks are different when it comes to the weed.

There are a lot of people making $150k a year and "seem" to have life by the balls who are total !@#$ ups.

• 2 weeks later...
The Biology of Cannabis vs. Opioids for Pain Relief

https://www.leafly.com/news/science-tech/medical-marijuana-opioid-pain-relief-substitute

from the article

Opioids and THC in combination offer comparable pain-relieving effects compared to opioids alone. This interaction can be used to reduce opioid doses for pain management and slowly wean patients off opioid medications altogether as they switch to cannabis-based treatments.

https://www.leafly.com/news/science-tech/medical-marijuana-opioid-pain-relief-substitute

from the article

Opioids and THC in combination offer comparable pain-relieving effects compared to opioids alone. This interaction can be used to reduce opioid doses for pain management and slowly wean patients off opioid medications altogether as they switch to cannabis-based treatments.

Must be Friday. Bob's firing up the bong!

Must be Friday. Bob's firing up the bong!

Gotta love the "pothead" response to a legitimate debate.

I'm sure Tom will drop the hammer with a Tom Petty zinger next

from the article

Thanks for your contributions

Edited by SWATeam

from the article

You'll never find a credible scientific source for your bull ****, will you?

Gotta love the "pothead" response to a legitimate debate.

I'm sure Tom will drop the hammer with a Tom Petty zinger next

Thanks for your contributions

The legitimate debate ended here a long time ago. Actually it ended with the thread title.

Leafy is good for strain reviews and finding a good dispensary nearby. It's pretty much Yelp for stoners.

Yes, but in fairness, you wouldn't accept the scientific conclusions anyway because the Jeff Sessions institute might be the hold out on saying pot is bad

from the article

So opioids plus pot = opioids. I would think the conclusion would be that the pot did nothing.

So opioids plus pot = opioids. I would think the conclusion would be that the pot did nothing.

Recall that as a society, we are trying to reduce opiate prescriptions. If a good percentage of chronic pain patients currently dependent on opiates could switch to cannabis based medicines, our society could could cut opiate prescriptions significantly. First hand let me tell you, those individual patients would be much better off for having ditched the opiates.

Yes, then people are using cannabis based medicines instead of opiates for pain control so there there would be more cannabis medicine available in our society. Available to both patients and to abusers. If you feel that that is a wash, essentially substituting one bad for another bad, please do some research on possible harms from each.

If your inquisitive child or teen stumbled upon a months supply of a pain patient's opiates or a months supply of his cannabis and decided to try it, which would you prefer he found?

Recall that as a society, we are trying to reduce opiate prescriptions. If a good percentage of chronic pain patients currently dependent on opiates could switch to cannabis based medicines, our society could could cut opiate prescriptions significantly. First hand let me tell you, those individual patients would be much better off for having ditched the opiates.

Yes, then people are using cannabis based medicines instead of opiates for pain control so there there would be more cannabis medicine available in our society. Available to both patients and to abusers. If you feel that that is a wash, essentially substituting one bad for another bad, please do some research on possible harms from each.

If your inquisitive child or teen stumbled upon a months supply of a pain patient's opiates or a months supply of his cannabis and decided to try it, which would you prefer he found?

I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing the logic that you pulled out of the article. It could say I drank water along with opioids and the result was the same as opioids. So, therefore, drink more water for pain.

It's saying the pot cures opioid addiction.

Opiates are highly addictive and quitting them brings on withdrawal symptoms. These are extremely unpleasant and avoiding those symptoms is a big reason many keep using.

Cannabis can reduce the impact of those withdrawal symptoms making it, for some, easier to quit the opiates. Cannabis can help with nausea, cramping, body aches, anxiety, and sleeplessness, which are many of the symptoms of withdrawal.

I'm not arguing that. I'm arguing the logic that you pulled out of the article. It could say I drank water along with opioids and the result was the same as opioids. So, therefore, drink more water for pain.

Say you take 4 vicodins a day for pain. After smoking cannabis, you find that you now only need one vicodin for your pain. Perhaps, later, after trying cannabis concentrate capsules, you find you no longer need the vicodins at all.

Not really sure I see a logic problem. Cannabis is effective against pain. Water is not.

I guess the statement from the article could have spelled it out more clearly but the point is obvious, unless you are purposely trying to miss it.

Patients can reduce their opiate usage by using the cannabis to help alleviate the pain.

Edited by Bob in Mich