Know anyone with a disease? Read this

1 hour ago, reddogblitz said:

And all 50 states legally sell and tax alcohol (which is definitely a drug).

Actually it was used long before that.  Cab Calloway had a song about it. It was legal back then too.

It was just a joke lol I’m not even against weed

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...interesting....my neighbor is a Scientist at the University of Rochester.......he just formed a second company privately to study the effects of cannibis outside of the medical treatment purview...

Boy do I know a LOT of people who will volunteer to take part in his research...

Edited by Koko78

7 hours ago, Wacka said:

The % of drivers in fatal car accidents with THC in their blood  doubled over a 10 year period. It was a AAA study  looking at Washington state data.

This study

https://newsroom.aaa.com/2020/01/fatal-crashes-involving-drivers-who-test-positive-for-marijuana-increase-after-state-legalizes-drug/

From the article

The average number of THC-positive drivers increased, too. In the five years before legalization, an average of 56 drivers involved in fatal crashes each year were THC-positive. In the five years after legalization, the average jumped to 130. The new numbers bolster the findings of a similar report the AAA Foundation released in 2016. The study did not attempt to determine if marijuana contributed to the crashes included in its latest research. It focused only on the prevalence of drivers who tested positive for active THC.

https://publicaffairsresources.aaa.biz/download/16405

Wacka, this study raises some questions but it also seems to make the same 'mistake' we have seen over and over in cannabis studies.  The article implies causation when we are seeing just a correlation. 

THC blood tests and urine tests for cannabis metabolites are used to determine impairment in the study.  The fact is those tests can determine cannabis use but are not able to say how recently it was used or whether the person was actually impaired at testing time.  So, if a person used cannabis Saturday and was involved in a crash the following Thursday, in this study, they would most likely test positive and be consider THC-positive at the time of the accident.  The detection methods are able to uncover cannabis use for up to approximately 30 days - way, way, way beyond impairment.  Also, for heavy users, even recent use does not seem to have much impact on driving ability so implying impairment in this situation is questionable too, especially when ignoring whether impairment contributed to the accident.

Finally, if you consider legalization likely means more people in that state tried cannabis, it is reasonable then that more drivers and, in fact, more citizens overall would test positive after legalization.

My opinion, and I am not a med professional, is that cannabis is not all that different from many other drugs that can impair mental abilities.  When using it initially, use caution until you know how it affects you, sort of like the warning on the pharmacy bottles.  Newbies, like new users of alcohol or pain medicine, are likely the most dangerous.

11 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Actually it was used long before that.  Cab Calloway had a song about it. It was legal back then too.

You are correct!   In fact, it has been used for ages before that too as you likely know.  Here is a post from page 1 of this very thread.

Many folks are unaware that cannabis has been used as medicine for about 50 times longer than it has been prohibited by the US Government. Once you know that it has been called medicine in the past it might be a little easier to accept now as medicine for some people.

See these excerpts from the US Pharmacopeia dated 1900. These are instructions as to how to make an extract of the ground up cannabis plant. This is remarkably similar to the method shown on that video where Rick Simpson 'washes' the cannabis with a solvent and then boils off the solvent.

The plant was outlawed and vilified in the 1930's and pretty much all research halted then. The American Medical Association opposed the prohibition at that time because they feared that research would be halted on the plant. They were right.

http://antiquecannab...dix/USP1900.htm

A pre-prohibition (pre 1937) look at cannabis in the USA.

http://antiquecannabisbook.com

Someone better get this miracle drug news to China and our own CDC because you might not have heard about it, but there’s a new virus that’s causing havoc and I’m sure this would be just the ticket to cure it. Oh, and the flu too. And let’s not forget about lung cancer. I bet pot will eradicate that killer too. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

He can't legalize it on his own, you idiot. All he can do is direct federal officers to ignore the law. 

It does not matter for Tiberius anyways.  He gets his from Soros.  Tiberius gets paid in pot for posting here and picking up cans pays for the happy meal at McDonald's that he gets every afternoon.

4 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

It does not matter for Tiberius anyways.  He gets his from Soros.  Tiberius gets paid in pot for posting here and picking up cans pays for the happy meal at McDonald's that he gets every afternoon.

Your response is very telling. No mention of the good or bad of the actual policy, just making up crappy lies about me. Sad 

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Comrade Bernie, as the good communist that he is, wants to ban fracking and pipelines in the U.S. in order to help Russia regain their energy market share. No wonder they are colluding with each other regarding the 2020 election. 

Bernie loves Wikileaks! KGB leader Putin is helping him. We don't need Kremlin controlled assets in the White House 

NFL and NFLPA are currently discussing possible new collective bargaining agreement.  The current agreement runs through the 2021 season but they are negotiating over possibly getting it done early.  Changes to the NFL cannabis policy are being considered.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tomangell/2020/02/20/nfl-would-end-marijuana-suspensions-in-deal-circulated-by-players-union/#39a06920536a

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

I know many of you love Leafly so I thought I would pass along a couple of links on cannabis and covid-19, flu, and colds. 

To keep posters from boredom, I hope to write up some personal thoughts/tips for medical cannabis users soon.  Let me preview by saying absolutely cannabis will solve the covid-19 issue as well as all other world problems....and soon.    lol

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/cannabis-coronavirus-covid-19-facts

https://www.leafly.com/news/health/cannabis-cold-flu-experts-discuss