Know anyone with a disease? Read this

I did a google search on the  term "endocannabinoid system"  The term is made up by people like Bob who think pot is a wonder drug.  The receptors that the canniboids bind to are naturally occurring receptors in the nervous system.   The same way that heroin, morphine , etc act.   Screwing with the nervous system without rigorous scientific research on how exactly they work is ;ike drill holes in the skull to treat headaches.

Edited by Wacka

8 minutes ago, Wacka said:

I did a google search on the  term "endocannabinoid system"  The term is made up by people like Bob who think pot is a wonder drug.  The receptors that the canniboids bind to are naturally occurring receptors in the nervous system.   The same way that heroin, morphine , etc act.   Screwing with the nervous system without rigorous scientific research on how exactly they work is ;ike drill holes in the skull to treat headaches.

I can help you, Wacko!

Hold still and hand me that drill.

20 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

If you weren't so certain that my answers must be f'd up because you know, cannabis, you might see that my answers have been perfectly sensible.  Intentionally or not, you seem stoned as you are unable or unwilling to comprehend today.

McGee is right, my answer was overly simplistic and so incorrect.  Epidiolex has so far been approved to treat two specific seizure disorders.  Forgive me please as I was trying to make the point about an educated versus uneducated doctor and didn't want to get overly detailed about various seizure disorders.

Back to the original discussion.....Have you seen the CNN special Weed, centering around Charlotte Figi?  Charlotte has Dravet Syndrome, one of the two conditions now treated with Epidiolex.  She was having over 100 seizures every day.  Her parents, as a last resort, tried treating her with cannabis concentrates.  They got very lucky and stumbled upon cannabis concentrates made with high CBD strains.  It was effective and reduced the kid's seizure count down to 1 or so a week.

Prior to Epidiolex, most treatment options for Dravet's were largely unsatisfactory.  They did not use cannabinoids.  Patients with this condition often did not live for very many years as the seizures were largely uncontrolled.  Today, a doctor educated in the endocannabinoid system, will know Epidiolex addresses the root cause of this illness.  Rather than taking a hit or miss approach with other seizure treatments, the educated physician can today pinpoint the cause as cannabinoid related.  A doctor unaware of the endocannabinoid system may still cling to the traditional anti-seizure medicines.

I bet I can find a kid whose seizures went away after being hit on the head with a hammer.  Ok ok I didn't have time to see if there was someone who was "cured" with a hammer but I did find this. Why not push acupuncture Bob? 

https://www.healthline.com/health/natural-treatments-epilepsy#acupuncture-and-chiropractic-care

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I bet I can find a kid whose seizures went away after being hit on the head with a hammer.  Ok ok I didn't have time to see if there was someone who was "cured" with a hammer but I did find this. Why not push acupuncture Bob? 

https://www.healthline.com/health/natural-treatments-epilepsy#acupuncture-and-chiropractic-care

I can help you with that, Jim.

Hand me that hammer and then hold still.

have a good day

Just now, Bob in Mich said:

I can help you with that, Jim.

Hand me that hammer and then hold still.

have a good day

Cut back on the dosage Bob.  It's making you irritable.  

I noticed you didn't address my question regarding acupuncture.  

14 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

Cut back on the dosage Bob.  It's making you irritable.  

I noticed you didn't address my question regarding acupuncture.  

What is behind the effectiveness of acupuncture?  Why does it work?

https://www.hellomd.com/health-wellness/5a6267098425e40008273a32/how-acupuncture-interacts-with-the-endocannabinoid-system

from the article

To date, the opioid system—the network of receptors in the body that opioid drugs attach to—is most often credited with delivering acupuncture’s reported effects as an anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-emetic. However, studies in recent years have found another, less-studied, but equally important receptor network may be involved: the endocannabinoid system—the same system that’s responsible for cannabis’s myriad effects on the body.

However, there are instances where the opposite has happened: Acupuncture led to a decrease in activity of the CB1 receptor. While studies like this may be outliers, they also bring up an important concept: that acupuncture may dampen effects on the endocannabinoid system to maintain balance in the body. While we’re still far away from deciphering acupuncture’s exact mechanisms, it’s clear that this treatment has tangible effects on the body—effects that are likely due to the interaction of multiple receptor systems. Understanding the complex interactions between these systems is important because they may one day lead to the development of new techniques that combine acupuncture with medicines such as cannabis that target the endocannabinoid system.

If you know so much about these receptors, what is the action potential  of these receptors.  How does accupuncture lead to increased activity?  You are just parroting pro pot web sites. The first thing that cane up when I used the term "While studies like this may be outliers, they also bring up an important concept: that acupuncture may dampen effects on the endocannabinoid system to maintain balance in the body" rom your post were HelloMD and scholastic.com

17 minutes ago, Wacka said:

If you know so much about these receptors, what is the action potential  of these receptors.  How does accupuncture lead to increased activity?  You are just parroting pro pot web sites. The first thing that cane up when I used the term "While studies like this may be outliers, they also bring up an important concept: that acupuncture may dampen effects on the endocannabinoid system to maintain balance in the body" rom your post were HelloMD and scholastic.com

So you think I have been performing these studies?   Honey, honey, no, no, noooooo!   I am not a research or medical professional.  Sorry if I misled you.

It is good, however, to see you do a little research on your own.  Baby steps but good steps

This study may hold your answer but it is pretty technically dense material.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4539069/

from the study

Chemokine receptors, opioid receptors and TRPV1 receptors have been reported to participate in complex cross talk, not unlike that between neuropeptides, cytokines, and neurotrophins [48] Chemokine receptors and opioid receptors can inhibit each other by a process known as heterologous desensitization [48]. Adenosine, by activating A2a receptors, can also desensitize chemokine receptors [48] (see Figure 1). Chemokine receptors sensitize TRPV1; hence, any desensitization of chemokine receptors (by adenosine or opioid receptors) would inhibit the sensitization of TRPV1 (via a phospholipase C β/protein kinase C [PLCβ/PKC] pathway) [48]. Interactions between cannabinoid receptors and opioid receptors after acupuncture have been reported. Cannabinoid receptor CB2 has been shown to participate in the EA-induced increase of opioid expression in keratinocytes in inflamed skin (in a CFA rat hind paw inflammation model)

I can't understand it but it should keep you busy for the day.  

24 minutes ago, McGee Return TD said:

If one does not have has negative side effects from acupuncture and it does not contraindicate with other seizure/epilepsy medications the patient is on, acupuncture could certainly be helpful.  

Nah. Bob found an article that says it may not work that well. Pot on the other hand?  It’s the miracle drug!!!  Just read the thread title.

Oh and @Bob in Mich ?  If you weren’t so ***** stoned you’re have realized years ago (damn this has been  going on 5 years??) that is the main reason we’re ***** with you. 

5 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Nah. Bob found an article that says it may not work that well. Pot on the other hand?  It’s the miracle drug!!!  Just read the thread title.

Oh and @Bob in Mich ?  If you weren’t so ***** stoned you’re have realized years ago (damn this has been  going on 5 years??) that is the main reason we’re ***** with you. 

I just mailed you each this mug

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRoMpVnUWPS3nIw6hLhfSM

3-5 shipping days

• Haha (+1) 3

Bob has no idea what any of the words he pasted in his reply to my post mean.  He is 26copypaste on pot. I have a pHD in Molecular Biology I know what all those terms mean.   I can explain DNA replication to you in terms that will blow your mind.

16 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Oh really?  Gosh...boy do I ever feel silly now.  I had no idea.  Everybody's posts seemed so sincere.  Boy am I blushing now.

In spite of your best attempts to remain ignorant though, you have been educated.  Some others have been too.  The thread is closing in on 50K views.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Bob has no idea what any of the words he pasted in his reply to my post mean.  He is 26copypaste on pot. I have a pHD in Molecular Biology I know what all those terms mean.   I can explain DNA replication to you in terms that will blow your mind.

Shut up Wacka 

• Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Well, there it is then.  You are smarter.  You win.  Congratulations!

So, are they selling those pHD's at Sam's Club now?  Does it look like a real diploma?   How much?

Went to UB and did my graduate research at Roswell Park. Mapped DNA replication origins in yeast (used them because it was easier to study) and the DNA sequence yeast was the best known then.  Later on I worked at a company that used Firely luciferase (what makes them glow)  to track infections, and tumors and gene expression. Like I said, you only know how to copy and paste from leafy.com, etc.

16 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Went to UB and did my graduate research at Roswell Park. Mapped DNA replication origins in yeast (used them because it was easier to study) and the DNA sequence yeast was the best known then.  Later on I worked at a company that used Firely luciferase (what makes them glow)  to track infections, and tumors and gene expression. Like I said, you only know how to copy and paste from leafy.com, etc.

it eats up 95% of his thoughts and existence

but it isn't addictive

24 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Yeah but does the fake diploma LOOK real?  Do you have to be a Sam's Club member?  Was that a sale price or the regular fake diploma fee?

No, I kid.  Very impressive.  Recalling that you are in your early 60's(?), we probably went to UB around the same time.

I am not competing with you or anyone however.  The whole point of this thread from my perspective has been to educate and to offer alternative medical options..  And, at times I post just to irritate some of the regulars here.  But, go look back at the first post in the thread.  Education has been my stated goal all along.

You are certainly correct that I include a lot of links from studies and articles.  That is because so many here are skeptical of my assertions of cannabis health benefits. 

I object to your assertion though that all of my posts are just cut and paste.  There are many posts in this thread that are my writings about my experiences.

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

Oh really?  Gosh...boy do I ever feel silly now.  I had no idea.  Everybody's posts seemed so sincere.  Boy am I blushing now.

In spite of your best attempts to remain ignorant though, you have been educated.  Some others have been too.  The thread is closing in on 50K views.

49,493 of them are “hey Bob!  Put down the bong!”

I highly recommend you change the title. I think this is not th first time I’ve suggested this. Here are a few ideas:

Cannabis: It slices it dices it kills the neighbor’s cat

Cannabis:  it’s not only a dessert topping, its a floor wax too! 

***** Ronco!  We got weed!

Towelie Was Right!  That was the theme to Funky Town!

And my all time favorite....

Im really high now! 

• Like (+1) 1

On 6/7/2019 at 11:08 AM, Bob in Mich said:

You are certainly correct that I include a lot of links from studies and articles.  That is because so many here are skeptical of my assertions of cannabis health benefits. 

Well, when your claims start with "Know anyone with a disease?" OF COURSE WE'RE ***** SKEPTICAL.  :wallbash: