Know anyone with a disease? Read this

11 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

After 73 pages, I now understand that Popeye wasn't really eating spinach...

Steroids for sure, but some real ***** up stuff. Huge forearms, no biceps and a chest like the proverbial 97 pound weakling.

On 6/4/2019 at 11:08 AM, DC Tom said:

You claim pot cures "disease," and your primary source for medical information is leafy.com.  Just ***** off.

Tommy, you dog!  Here for what now, almost 5 years, you have lead us all to believe that you were an ignorant #######.  You dog!  You were playing possum weren't you?  You knew all this stuff all along but just pretended to be a stupid fukstick.  Gosh, I am embarrassed as I was fooled into thinking you were really just a huge *****.

Anyway, I found a daily leafy.com article for you....especially for you, knowing what we now know, eh?

https://www.leafly.com/news/industry/turn-a-college-degree-into-a-cannabis-career

Are you high Bob?  Because you sound high again.  You said I misstated what you said. You said (and you quoted it again):

You may be comfortable with a doctor that doesn't know about a cellular communication network present in nearly every organ, but I am not.

And followed it up with this:

All doctors know cells communicate.

Which is it Bob? Do they or do they not know that cells communicate? 

59 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Are you high Bob?  Because you sound high again.  You said I misstated what you said. You said (and you quoted it again):

You may be comfortable with a doctor that doesn't know about a cellular communication network present in nearly every organ, but I am not.

And followed it up with this:

All doctors know cells communicate.

Which is it Bob? Do they or do they not know that cells communicate? 

Intentionally confused?  Seems so but ok.  Just because a doctor can infer that cells are communicating does not mean he/she understands the endocannabinoid system or how to treat an apparent problem with that communication network. 

Epidiolex, the cannabis based epilepsy drug, seems to reduce seizures dramatically.  It operates on the endocannabinoid system and seems to dampen over activity.  It was recently approved by the FDA to treat epileptic children.

Would you want to take your (hypothetically) epileptic child to a doctor that understands the faulty signaling mechanism or an under educated doctor that does not?  While both doctors may know that something is wrong with your kid, one will know how to address the problem and one likely will not. 

Edited by Bob in Mich

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

two friends said they knew someone for whom pot cured their bubonic plaugue

too bad doctors aren't up on all these research methods

Why not skip your monthly flea and tick meds and go visit those friends?  See if you can sleep in the room they keep their pet rat

13 minutes ago, McGee Return TD said:

Can't spell, terrible insult

43745207.jpg

maybe smoke up and all my troubles go away

for a few minutes

alright McGee, you'll get your next spelling error with 100 of these attached to it, should be happening very very shortly....  :D

1 hour ago, Bob in Mich said:

Intentionally confused?  Seems so but ok.  Just because a doctor can infer that cells are communicating does not mean he/she understands the endocannabinoid system or how to treat an apparent problem with that communication network. 

Epidiolex, the cannabis based epilepsy drug, seems to reduce seizures dramatically.  It operates on the endocannabinoid system and seems to dampen over activity.  It was recently approved by the FDA to treat epileptic children.

Would you want to take your (hypothetically) epileptic child to a doctor that understands the faulty signaling mechanism or an under educated doctor that does not?  While both doctors may know that something is wrong with your kid, one will know how to address the problem and one likely will not. 

So are you saying Dr 420 is the only doctor that would understand these things?  How you any of us know the level of knowledge the doctor we see has.   Regarding the part in bold which two doctors are we talking about and where does your miracle drug come into play here. 

3 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So are you saying Dr 420 is the only doctor that would understand these things?  How you any of us know the level of knowledge the doctor we see has.   Regarding the part in bold which two doctors are we talking about and where does your miracle drug come into play here. 

How you any of us know the level of knowledge the doctor we see has.

trump-supporter-who-chanted-jew-s-a-is-d

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

two friends said they knew someone for whom pot cured their bubonic plaugue

too bad doctors aren't up on all these research methods

You have a 2 in 3 chance of surviving plague, without treatment.

That's not "cured."

18 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Why the intentional confusion today?  A doctor knowledgeable in the body's endocannabinoid system is the doctor more likely to know that a cannabinoid related signaling flaw is causing the problem with the epileptic child.  Rather than running through the traditional course of maybe a dozen epilepsy medicines, the educated doctor is able to home in on the cannabis based solution much sooner, perhaps saving the child's life.

7 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Why the intentional confusion today?  A doctor knowledgeable in the body's endocannabinoid system is the doctor more likely to know that a cannabinoid related signaling flaw is causing the problem with the epileptic child.  Rather than running through the traditional course of maybe a dozen epilepsy medicines, the educated doctor is able to home in on the cannabis based solution much sooner, perhaps saving the child's life.

There's an easier solution.

A Coworker kept changing doctors until he found one that prescribed weed for his back pain.

7 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

There's an easier solution.

A Coworker kept changing doctors until he found one that prescribed weed for his back pain.

That's what I did.  Then the weed did absolutely nothing.  I met with a neurosurgeon who fixed the problem. Pain free since. 

18 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

The confusion is because I'm talking to someone who smokes weed who can't get is story straight.  You said Epidiolex, the cannabis based epilepsy drug, SEEMS to reduce seizures dramatically. It SEEMS like the is just one of the dozen epilepsy meds that needs to be tried that could save the child's life not THE med that will save the child's life.  

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

maybe smoke up and all my troubles go away

for a few minutes

alright McGee, you'll get your next spelling error with 100 of these attached to it, should be happening very very shortly....  :D

Not if you block me first. 

35 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

That's what I did.  Then the weed did absolutely nothing.  I met with a neurosurgeon who fixed the problem. Pain free since. 

The confusion is because I'm talking to someone who smokes weed who can't get is story straight.  You said Epidiolex, the cannabis based epilepsy drug, SEEMS to reduce seizures dramatically. It SEEMS like the is just one of the dozen epilepsy meds that needs to be tried that could save the child's life not THE med that will save the child's life.  

Bob's wrong. The FDA doesn't let a drug go to market if the only evidence is SEEMS. It is one of a few medications that can be used to treat patient's with, not epilepsy, but seizures due to two specific diagnoses. 

If you truly are interested, it's easy to find clinical trial information on the medication. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So, it's true that a lobotomy is better than weed?

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

If you weren't so certain that my answers must be f'd up because you know, cannabis, you might see that my answers have been perfectly sensible.  Intentionally or not, you seem stoned as you are unable or unwilling to comprehend today.

McGee is right, my answer was overly simplistic and so incorrect.  Epidiolex has so far been approved to treat two specific seizure disorders.  Forgive me please as I was trying to make the point about an educated versus uneducated doctor and didn't want to get overly detailed about various seizure disorders.

Back to the original discussion.....Have you seen the CNN special Weed, centering around Charlotte Figi?  Charlotte has Dravet Syndrome, one of the two conditions now treated with Epidiolex.  She was having over 100 seizures every day.  Her parents, as a last resort, tried treating her with cannabis concentrates.  They got very lucky and stumbled upon cannabis concentrates made with high CBD strains.  It was effective and reduced the kid's seizure count down to 1 or so a week.

Prior to Epidiolex, most treatment options for Dravet's were largely unsatisfactory.  They did not use cannabinoids.  Patients with this condition often did not live for very many years as the seizures were largely uncontrolled.  Today, a doctor educated in the endocannabinoid system, will know Epidiolex addresses the root cause of this illness.  Rather than taking a hit or miss approach with other seizure treatments, the educated physician can today pinpoint the cause as cannabinoid related.  A doctor unaware of the endocannabinoid system may still cling to the traditional anti-seizure medicines.

Edited by Bob in Mich