Know anyone with a disease? Read this

5 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

I was on a flight to California, from Texas and watched an older woman get hand-cuffed for having CBD oils in her carry-on. I over-heard her saying that they were legally bought in California, where she lives.

I never thought about getting arrested for something legal in one state, but illegal in another....

At least she wasn't flying to Singapore.

4 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

I was on a flight to California, from Texas and watched an older woman get hand-cuffed for having CBD oils in her carry-on. I over-heard her saying that they were legally bought in California, where she lives.

I never thought about getting arrested for something legal in one state, but illegal in another....

Once you step on a plane you're no longer regulated by the state you live or bought the product.  You are regulated by Feds and marijuana is illegal federally.  Busting people for CBD oil is silly in my mind. 

On 5/26/2016 at 10:13 AM, Bob in Mich said:

Your question, what good does the medicine do me if I can't use it away from home, was running through my mind as I sat locked in the back seat of a police car recently. A routine traffic stop in a non medical cannabis state by a K-9 unit got me in hot water in a hurry. I was locked in the police car, my vehicle was thoroughly searched by 5 officers, and I was read my Miranda rights.

Since my plan was to be traveling for 3 weeks, I had about an ounce - 4 strains in separate baggies. This was bad as police historically have claimed that several baggies implied drug sales. I also had all sorts of cannabis paraphernalia - pipe, papers, vaporizor, etc. Worst case scenarios were running through my head. I was thinking I could likely avoid jail time but it could cost over $25K depending on if they seized my car or not.

Fortunately I did not have much cash on me or I would have lost it on the spot. Luckily I was told that I wasn't a 'big fish'. They let me go....without my topical cannabis/coconut oil and without my 4 strains. For a while I had to fall back on prescription medicine, including opiates. While effective, I was soon reminded why I chose cannabis medicine originally.

We are in the midst of prohibition repeal. It is state by state. It is very messy. Many unfortunate patients are getting caught up in the judicial wringer on a daily basis. Clearly I hope for changes to the cannabis possession rules ASAP. They are left over from the days before cannabis was considered medicine. Imagine having your prescription medicines confiscated simply because you were traveling to an out of state funeral. Doesn't seem right, does it?

Your choice of medicine is a very personal choice. While it should be a matter of what works best, Individual circumstances, such as frequent air travel or pain management contracts, often dictate these options for very many, unfortunately.

2 hours ago, unbillievable said:

Since federal law says it's illegal, It's illegal in ALL states.  

On 5/25/2019 at 3:09 PM, Taro T said:

At least she wasn't flying to Singapore.

call forth the rattan cane

On 5/25/2019 at 5:49 PM, DC Tom said:

Since federal law says it's illegal, It's illegal in ALL states.  

makes it hard on banks processing local legal pot dealings when it's a federal offense...

I have gotten into discussions with a couple of doctors on this site, though I don't think it was this thread, about this very issue.  Doctors, generally speaking, still have not been formally trained in the workings of the endo-cannabinoid system or in how cannabis medicine affects their patients.  U.S. research studies have been stymied by federal law.  So, should doctors utilize cannabis in their practice where it may be effective but when the doctor's knowledge is limited and the traditional efficacy studies have not been done?

Educating Physicians About Marijuana

Marijuana use is prevalent both in states where it is legal to some degree and in states where it is not.  However, evidence suggests that many physicians may be unprepared for this reality. In 2016 surveys, just 9% of medical schools had documented content on medical marijuana in the Association of American Medical Colleges Curriculum Inventory, and 85% of 258 surveyed residents and fellows reported having no education about medical marijuana in medical school or residency.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2734632?guestAccessKey=efaa29e2-ce3f-4b70-a5fc-e054d8673706&utm_source=silverchair&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=article_alert-jamainternalmedicine&utm_content=olf&utm_term=06031

Edited by Bob in Mich

57 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

I have gotten into discussions with a couple of doctors on this site, though I don't think it was this thread, about this very issue.  Doctors, generally speaking, still have not been formally trained in the workings of the endo-cannabinoid system or in how cannabis medicine affects their patients.  U.S. research studies have been stymied by federal law.  So, should doctors utilize cannabis in their practice where it may be effective but when the doctor's knowledge is limited and the traditional efficacy studies have not been done?

Educating Physicians About Marijuana

Marijuana use is prevalent both in states where it is legal to some degree and in states where it is not.  However, evidence suggests that many physicians may be unprepared for this reality. In 2016 surveys, just 9% of medical schools had documented content on medical marijuana in the Association of American Medical Colleges Curriculum Inventory, and 85% of 258 surveyed residents and fellows reported having no education about medical marijuana in medical school or residency.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamainternalmedicine/fullarticle/2734632?guestAccessKey=efaa29e2-ce3f-4b70-a5fc-e054d8673706&utm_source=silverchair&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=article_alert-jamainternalmedicine&utm_content=olf&utm_term=06031

People smuggle alcohol into places also because they like the way it makes them feel. So I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make by posting that article.  But I did find this interesting. 

“Heavy marijuana users who abruptly stop using when they enter the hospital sometimes experience withdrawal symptoms including sleep disturbances and restlessness.”

Huh.....sounds like there is a physical addiction. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

People smuggle alcohol into places also because they like the way it makes them feel.  So I’m not sure what point you’re trying to make by posting that article.  But I did find this interesting. 

You may be comfortable with a doctor that doesn't know about a cellular communication network present in nearly every organ, but I am not.  I would prefer a doctor that actually knew how and why he was treating me rather than one that didn't and worse yet, didn't feel the need to learn.

13 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Bob, I think you have not been formally trained in the workings of the sanitary system, since you are full of *****.

Please moron, go on.   What posts are BS? 

You're on!!!    What have ya got?

Edited by Bob in Mich

Just now, row_33 said:

Someone puffing on weed knows so much more about medicine than a doctor

Are the Russian doctors better versed in cannabis medicine, comrade?  You are in Moscow, is that right?   Is medical marijuana legal there or just overlooked or totally illegal or what?  Please, make yourself useful for a change.   Do tell.

8 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

You may be comfortable with a doctor that doesn't know about a cellular communication network present in nearly every organ, but I am not.  I would prefer a doctor that actually knew how and why he was treating me rather than one that didn't and worse yet, didn't feel the need to learn.

Are you high Bob?  Because you sound really high. 

1 minute ago, Koko78 said:

You know what cures that physical addiction?

A lot of honest sweat work and years of increase in self control

A sincere faith has helped many in my life escape it

Just now, Chef Jim said:

Are you high Bob?  Because you sound really high. 

Bob has not clue what he is talking about, and it’s sad to read all this

2 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

You know what cures that physical addiction?

Seeing I suffer from it I'd say never starting in the first place?  For me it's easy.  Just realize it's really really bad for my health. 

17 minutes ago, row_33 said:

A lot of honest sweat work and years of increase in self control

16 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Seeing I suffer from it I'd say never starting in the first place?  For me it's easy.  Just realize it's really really bad for my health. 

Well, considering that, according to this thread, pot is apparently a cure-all, the answer is clearly: more pot!