What is better, no guns, or more guns?

33 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Who said anything about abortion? You’re either an idiot, completely demented, or some combination in between. Don’t really care to find out. 

You commented on a post about abortion you twit. Are you just another garbage poster? 

Seems that way. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yea let’s arm teachers - that’s the solution.

And when a teacher kills half or all the students in her/his room - trying to take aim and kill the gunman covered in armor - then what?

F that

The good guy with a gun theory is dead

17 hours ago, Delete_Account said:

Yes, thank you! I was just about to make this same point. All sorts of spurious statistical arguments can be made from insufficient amounts of data.

And yes, the concept of some random bespectacled Good Samaritan educator saving the day with a Wyatt Earp-esque fast draw and steady hand is BEYOND absurd. While I’m not at all a gun maven, let’s just take the case of the Buffalo Tops shooting…long story short…I made the HORRIBLE mistake of watching the full 6-minute video recording. My main takeaway here was that prevention of much of the carnage was always going to be completely unrealistic, regardless of the firearm skills of any passers-by. Payton Gendron, equipped with military-style weaponry and decked out in military-style body armor, murdered the first four people outside the front entrance within about five seconds after opening his car door!

You also mentioned psychological evaluations as an important component of gun regulations. Well…sure enough, we have come to learn that both Payton Gendron and Salvador Ramos had a despicable history of cat torture. Animal torture is obvious criminal behavior and should have been flagged by someone beforehand for the law enforcement agencies! It’s classic behavior for clinical sociopaths, who are exactly the types of people capable of carrying out mass shootings.

So if we’re serious about preventing mass shootings, then we need to work as a society on the identification and management of sociopaths as much as we work on more sensible gun laws. This would have to mean expanded mental health counseling programs under the rubric of a universal health care system.

your talking about how unrealistic it is but the point would be to give people a fighting chance. that is always going to be better then not having one at all until law enforcement arrives or sadlyin texas, boarder patrol. not sure what the issue is or why anyone would not support it besides the fact the people who decided to be armed would immediatly be the ones blamed and demonized if they did not "wyatt earp" because they locked up and were scared. noone knows exactly how they would act. 

i agree with psychological issues have to be a huge component in gun law. its going to be a very tough line to draw as A) penalizing people for seeking treatment is going to deter alot of help and B) what particular line is reasonable. the fact DAs seem to be laxing on crime in general is not helping anyone. felonies reduced to not be flagged on a background search. illegal carry being almost as common and pretty much normalized is pretty strange seeing as these are the places that have/want stricter gun laws on people that abide by the law. we are going in the wrong direction. ill never get that

yes i realize both shooter legally bought guns but the 1000's of others that for whatever reason never get the spotlight. we have a cocktail brewing of anti/ demonized police and in the case of texas also the boarder patrol. a call to demilitarize police should be looked at as these situations require swat type gear but people have demanded it be removed regardless of circumstances. DAs that have become lenient. a economy that is putting alot of pressure and desperation on people that were already struggling. people that are repeatedly being brought to the attention of officials as high up as the federal level and "slipping through the cracks" of multi billion dollar org that are specifically there to prevent these things and a population that is buying more guns then ever because of all of this.

im sorry to say it doesnt look like this is going to get better anytime soon. the IMMEDIATE answer is to advocate for the ability to defend oneself and those around them and make it very clear by officials that doing so will not result in punishment of its own which has also been a issue for decades for some absurd reason.  

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I have a friend here in san diego whose son became seriously mentally ill while away at college  *schizophrenia) and perpertrated a massive shooting in Aurora CO movie theater during the showing of Batman.  She is devoting her life in retirement  to bring awareness to mental health issues in youth. This interview recently re aired here in san diego ABC television . Due to all these shootings around the country she is flashbacked to that horrible event in her own life when these shootings occur. I really pray that some way of keeping guns out of the hands of people who wish to wreak destruction. That mental illness education reach ears that need to hear it and it might save someones very life.

Midterm elections are soon coming to SoCal. Im carefully checking candidates voting record before I cast my  ballot. I pray these politicians will choose what is best for their constituents and NOT just their lobbying benefactors.

https://www.10news.com/news/local-news/san-diego-news/may-is-mental-health-awareness-month-10news-speaks-with-arlene-holmes

Edited by muppy
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/27/2022 at 9:16 PM, Buffalo Timmy said:

You drinking the good stuff tonight? Do you think cops and soldiers are cowards? Or how about people who live in unsafe places? I will state with 100% certainty you grew up and have always lived someplace safe. Others are not so lucky.

Obviously not talking about soldiers and cops.

Nobody in this country lives somewhere where they need an AR-15 to defend their property.  That’s a myth - one of many - created by the gun lobby and spoonfed to the GOP base which is itself constantly looking for lies and enemies to fuel its neo-fascism.

The irony of proposing mental health screening for assault weapons is that anyone who enjoys collecting and shooting assault weapons is mentally broken.  If you get off on that stuff you’re mentally unfit to own it.

Another NRA lie is that if you start screening gun buyers and limiting the types of weapons that can get sold you’ll soon eat away the Second Amendment altogether.  That’s a fascist myth; there have been limits on the the types of weapons one can purchase for some time now, and the Second Amendment is still going strong. If you haven’t noticed it’s hard to purchase anti-aircraft missiles, for example.

Edited by Coach Tuesday
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BillStime said:

Yea let’s arm teachers - that’s the solution.

And when a teacher kills half or all the students in her/his room - trying to take aim and kill the gunman covered in armor - then what?

F that

The good guy with a gun theory is dead

You keep repeating this yet ignoring proof your comment is false. 

40 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Nobody in this country lives somewhere where they need an AR-15 to defend their property.  That’s a myth - one of many - created by the gun lobby and spoonfed to the GOP base which is itself constantly looking for lies and enemies to fuel its neo-fascism.

The irony of proposing mental health screening for assault weapons is that anyone who enjoys collecting and shooting assault weapons is mentally broken.  If you get off on that stuff you’re mentally unfit to own it.

Another NRA lie is that if you start screening gun buyers and limiting the types of weapons that can get sold you’ll soon eat away the Second Amendment altogether.  That’s a fascist myth; there have been limits on the the types of weapons one can purchase for some time now, and the Second Amendment is still going strong. If you haven’t noticed it’s hard to purchase anti-aircraft missiles, for example.

Wrong on so many levels. I can post articles were lives were saved, even by home along teenagers, using an AR. In the town I lived in, a kid defended himself and home from 3 home invaders... with an AR. 

And the AR is now a WIDELY popular hunting rifle and even more sport rifle. 400/450 rifle deaths per year (not just ‘mass shootings’, this includes suicides). So ban that. 

Makes sense. 

38 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You don't understand what an AR 15 is if you think it is that impressive. Secondly people are already screened but very often the people responsible for the screening do a crap job or don't have the information they need because red flags, like threatening schools, are not passed along like they are supposed to be. But I have a serious question what makes an AR an Assault Rifle any more than a normal rifle?

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

You keep repeating this yet ignoring proof your comment is false. 

Ignore proof? You provided a link to back up your claims by a gun nut.

You fail to ignore the proof that already exists. The good guy with a gun was killed last week at Tops and the good guys with a gun in Texas were too afraid to enter the building.

You are nuts.

You have already made it clear you care more about your AR-15 than human life.

Karma is gonna be a bich for you.

30 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

You don't understand what an AR 15 is if you think it is that impressive. Secondly people are already screened but very often the people responsible for the screening do a crap job or don't have the information they need because red flags, like threatening schools, are not passed along like they are supposed to be. But I have a serious question what makes an AR an Assault Rifle any more than a normal rifle?

Screened? The kid in Texas walked in - got the gun - and left.

Came back and bought another two days later.

Screened? JFC

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Ignore proof? You provided a link to back up your claims by a gun nut.

You fail to ignore the proof that already exists. The good guy with a gun was killed last week at Tops and the good guys with a gun in Texas were too afraid to enter the building.

You are nuts.

You have already made it clear you care more about your AR-15 than human life.

Karma is gonna be a bich for you.

Screened? The kid in Texas walked in - got the gun - and left.

Came back and bought another two days later.

Screened? JFC

Really? The article about the shooting in North Carolina? All the news agencies are gun nuts? lol 

1 hour ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Wrong on so many levels. I can post articles were lives were saved, even by home along teenagers, using an AR. In the town I lived in, a kid defended himself and home from 3 home invaders... with an AR. 

And the AR is now a WIDELY popular hunting rifle and even more sport rifle. 400/450 rifle deaths per year (not just ‘mass shootings’, this includes suicides). So ban that. 

Makes sense. 

Complete utter dogcrap lies to justify a billion dollar industry.  Hairsplitting about what is and isn’t an assault rifle is yet another tired diversionary tactic of the sickos.  NOBODY in the entire country needs an assault rifle to defend their home.  Zero people.  None.  Does not exist, it’s a complete myth.

The sickest thing about today’s GOP is that they’ve started to cite the prevalence of their own lies as evidence that they must be true.  

“Well I’m just saying it can’t be a coincidence that so many people believe the election was stolen, there must be something to it.”

This is fascism, the use of folk lies and the painting of an enemy to justify force and aggression. 

The sickness is spreading.  

Edited by Coach Tuesday

2 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Complete utter dogcrap lies to justify a billion dollar industry.  Hairsplitting about what is and isn’t an assault rifle is yet another tired diversionary tactic of the sickos.  NOBODY in the entire country needs an assault rifle to defend their home.  Zero people.  None.  Does not exist, it’s a complete myth.

The sickest thing about today’s GOP is that they’ve started to cite the prevalence of their own lies as evidence that they must be true.  

“Well I’m just saying it can’t be a coincidence that so many people believe the election was stolen, there must be something to it.”

This is fascism, the use of folk lies and the painting of an enemy to justify force and aggression. 

Do you need me to provide links to articles where it’s been used to save lives? 

Hey, let’s ban the one firearm that accounts for 0.01% of gun deaths. Brilliant idea 👍🏻🤦🏻‍♂️

25 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Really? The article about the shooting in North Carolina? All the news agencies are gun nuts? lol 

You lost all credibility and objectivity when you told everyone here that your gun is more important than human life.

Go to bed little boy 

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

You lost all credibility and objectivity when you told everyone here that your gun is more important than human life.

Go to bed little boy 

I never said that. You said that you idiot. 

And love how you ignore (again) facts how a good guy with a gun works. It’s not perfect, but it works. Sorry dude, facts. 

9 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I never said that. You said that you idiot. 

And love how you ignore (again) facts how a good guy with a gun works. It’s not perfect, but it works. Sorry dude, facts. 

You most certainly did:

On 5/28/2022 at 5:49 PM, ArdmoreRyno said:

I’m not giving up any of my firearms.

The good guy with a gun theory is dead.

Time you face reality and stop being an NRA/Putin puppet.

Sorry dude - FACTS

• Haha (+1) 1