What is better, no guns, or more guns?

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

None of your business.

Give us some reasons why you feel the NRA needs to be abolished (other than they are a Russian asset :rolleyes:)  and what would you replace it with?  

So I take this to mean you have never had a conversation with your children about gun safety or visited a shooting range.  I'll give you a hint.   The rules of a shooting range are EXTEMELY strict when it comes to weapon safety and these are often guidelines posted directly on the NRA site. 

1 minute ago, Chef Jim said:

Give us some reasons why you feel the NRA needs to be abolished (other than they are a Russian asset :rolleyes:)  and what would you replace it with?  

So I take this to mean you have never had a conversation with your children about gun safety or visited a shooting range.  I'll give you a hint.   The rules of a shooting range are EXTEMELY strict when it comes to weapon safety and these are often guidelines posted directly on the NRA site. 

I already made all the comments I need to make about the NRA. 

New firearm owners shaking up gun culture and American politics.

Despite the millions spent in digital advertisements by gun control advocates like former New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, the appeal of gun ownership is only increasing. Of all the firearms sold last year, 30% — 5.4 million purchases — went to new gun owners, according to a retailer survey conducted by the National Shooting Sports Foundation.

A new interest in self-sufficiency, caused by collapses in our supply chain, has also led to an explosion in applications for hunting licenses.

According to Stateline, a Pew Trust initiative, many states across the country saw a dramatic rise in both men and women taking a hunter safety class for the first time — with states like Michigan seeing a 67% hike in new hunting license buyers in 2021 compared with 2019, including a 15% increase in female hunters.

People who would never have considered owning a gun were now curious about hunting to provide for their families — and about target practice to learn how to defend themselves and their homes.

This expansion of gun culture is also reflected in the demographics of the new gun owner: The same survey showed a 58% increase in firearm purchases by Black people and 49% by Latinos, compared to 2019.

Further, one-third of people buying their first firearm in 2021 were women.

Those changes were evident in the cavernous halls of the outdoor show, which at times was filled shoulder-to-shoulder with a melting pot of all races, ages and genders.

Democrats and the press will continue to portray gun owners as bitter clingers, though.

https://www.post-gazette.com/opinion/insight/2022/02/20/New-firearm-owners-shaking-up-gun-culture-and-American-politics/stories/202202200033?fbclid=IwAR0RdGNII8CC0-KJfuJep29Wh_sl_i_-3jTP7-awdM8CVX5rk1Dt0Ldntww

Nina Khrushcheva, a professor at the New School in New York City, argued on CNN this morning that “if every Ukrainian takes a gun, Russians don’t have a prayer” and that “Ukrainians are really ready today”:

So, you actually don’t need nuclear weapons or advanced fighter aircraft to fight off a totalitarian government?

Anyway, we thank Ms. Khrushcheva and CNN for this explanation on what the 2nd Amendment is really about and why it is important.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/02/23/cnn-guest-makes-a-pretty-good-argument-for-the-2nd-amendment/

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, BillStime said:

Yes - more guns - we need more guns. We haven’t sacrificed enough of the innocent and prioritize enough of the insecure cult. 

You should have waited until they released info about the shooter.. seeing how long its taking

to release the info I'm not sure its a white shooter. You don't care otherwise, being the 

racist trash you are.

Edited by Albwan
  • Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, B-Man said:

AND JUST LIKE THAT, USA TODAY WAS COPACETIC WITH THE SECOND AMENDMENT: 

NASCAR Hall of Fame owner Richard Childress donating one million rounds of ammunition to Ukraine.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nascar/2022/03/02/richard-childress-donating-ammunition-ukraine-war-effort-russia/9348187002/

The hypocrisy of late has been astounding. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I’d dispute the notion it’s a recent development, perhaps more overt, but double standards and hypocrisy have been an institutionalized norm for quite a while now. 

I didn’t say it was recent.  I said it had become astounding.  Hypocrisy has always been around of course.  We are all hypocrites at some point. But the left is blind to the level of their hypocrisy.  That is what makes it so astounding.  

• 1 month later...