What is better, no guns, or more guns?

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

ZERO regard for the constitution???? Whose party pissed all over the constitution for the past 5 years and in the last year literally tried to destroy it you fascist.

You prove daily that you’re not very bright. 

Sounds like you need to leave America because it’s clear you do not like democracy and what makes America America. Your party is all about the faux outrage - destroying books - fake news - suppressing the right to vote and hating on anyone not white - straight and male… 

You *hate* America and it shows.

image.thumb.jpeg.9536ba4eedaf7feac19fd39e9915b859.jpeg

I am a independent i have no party affiliation unlike you . I believe the way i do because of the constitution ! 

"The wise man considers what he wants & the fool what he abounds in" .

A fool knows the price of everything & the value of nothing" .

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

Awe Karen doesn’t like any form of gun legislation.

Carry on Karen! 

I've already given you my ideas of what gun legislation needs to be changed here in California.   This ain't it. 

This is not any meaningful gun legislation and if you think it's going to do ANYTHING to reduce gun violence in CA you're dumber that I thought.  

It's a childish move by a childish governor.

It's only going to benefit the lawyers.  

So....let's debate the issue.

In your mind how will this reduce the gun violence here in California?

What percentage of gun violence in California was committed using a) assault rifles or b) a gun built with a ghost gun kit?  Do you have any idea?  

Aaaaaaaand GO! 

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I've already given you my ideas of what gun legislation needs to be changed here in California.   This ain't it. 

This is not any meaningful gun legislation and if you think it's going to do ANYTHING to reduce gun violence in CA you're dumber that I thought.  

It's a childish move by a childish governor.

It's only going to benefit the lawyers.  

So....let's debate the issue.

In your mind how will this reduce the gun violence here in California?

What percentage of gun violence in California was committed using a) assault rifles or b) a gun built with a ghost gun kit?  Do you have any idea?  

Aaaaaaaand GO! 

I don’t need stats to know this country has a major gun issue. We can start by getting rid of assault rifles immediately. 

And please spare me with your pathetic “childish” argument w Newsome when you cheer on pathetic cult members like Abbott, DeSantis, and Noem.

Carry on Karen

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BillStime said:

I don’t need stats to know this country has a major gun issue. We can start by getting rid of assault rifles immediately. 

And please spare me with your pathetic “childish” argument w Newsome when you cheer on pathetic cult members like Abbott, DeSantis, and Noem.

Carry on Karen

I cheer on Abbott?  I don't even know who the ***** Noem is??  So not sure why you're brining other people into this.  This isn't about them.  It's about Newsom and the state of my residence.  

Assault weapons ain't the problem Billy Boy.  The government and the media want you to think they are but they are waaaaaay down the list of weapons used in the commission of violent crimes. 

Back to the debate.  I'll stick with the easy one. 

How is this legislation proposed by Newsom going to reduce gun violence here in CA?

6 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I cheer on Abbott?  I don't even know who the ***** Noem is??  So not sure why you're brining other people into this.  This isn't about them.  It's about Newsom and the state of my residence.  

Assault weapons ain't the problem Billy Boy.  The government and the media want you to think they are but they are waaaaaay down the list of weapons used in the commission of violent crimes. 

Back to the debate.  I'll stick with the easy one. 

How is this legislation proposed by Newsom going to reduce gun violence here in CA?

Says someone who doesn’t have kids and has to send them to school in tears fearing for their lives.

19 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Says someone who doesn’t have kids and has to send them to school in tears fearing for their lives.

Oh stop with the ***** hysterics.  And you call me a Karen.  LOL 

This has nothing to do with little children and everything to do with Newsom's proposal that YOU brought up.  

So how will Newsom's proposal reduce gun violence in CA?

If you cannot answer that question I suggest you either put me on ignore or you stop responding to me because I'm going to bring it up incessantly until you have an adult discussion regarding this important topic.  

30 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Oh stop with the ***** hysterics.  And you call me a Karen.  LOL 

This has nothing to do with little children and everything to do with Newsom's proposal that YOU brought up.  

So how will Newsom's proposal reduce gun violence in CA?

If you cannot answer that question I suggest you either put me on ignore or you stop responding to me because I'm going to bring it up incessantly until you have an adult discussion regarding this important topic.  

Oh Karen, please - no one can match your hysterics.

And where in more post did I say ANYTHING about the impact of Newsome's proposal on gun violence?  I was congratulating him for being creative just like Governor Abbott is being with abortion.... Karma sucks - but you know that Karen.

If you want to have a conversation where your opinion will be respected - best to go back to your safe place now - you will never get it from me.

Keep spinning Karen.

Edited by BillStime

36 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Oh Karen, please - no one can match your hysterics.

And where in more post did I say ANYTHING about the impact of Newsome's proposal on gun violence?  I was congratulating him for being creative just like Governor Abbott is being with abortion.... Karma sucks - but you know that Karen.

If you want to have a conversation where your opinion will be respected - best to go back to your safe place now - you will never get it from me.

Keep spinning Karen.

You're talking about children going to school with tears in their eyes but I'm hysterical.  Ooookay.  LOL!!

Yes, you said nothing about the impact.  I'm asking for your thoughts on what the impact will be.  So I guess you have none.  If you don't then what's the point?  

I don't give a flying ***** about you respecting my opinion.  I'm always searching for your thought process regarding your opinions.  Hence all the questions I ask.  You refuse to answer them because you know that they will reveal the reasoning you have behind your opinions are based 100% in feelings not facts.  This is why I ask them and you never answer them.  

So because you disagree with my opinions you do not respect them.  Well that's ***** pathetic and childish

Enjoy your stay at the kid's table.  I'll be over here with the adults. 

Later dude......

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

You're talking about children going to school with tears in their eyes but I'm hysterical.  Ooookay.  LOL!!

Yes, you said nothing about the impact.  I'm asking for your thoughts on what the impact will be.  So I guess you have none.  If you don't then what's the point?  

I don't give a flying ***** about you respecting my opinion.  I'm always searching for your thought process regarding your opinions.  Hence all the questions I ask.  You refuse to answer them because you know that they will reveal the reasoning you have behind your opinions are based 100% in feelings not facts.  This is why I ask them and you never answer them.  

So because you disagree with my opinions you do not respect them.  Well that's ***** pathetic and childish

Enjoy your stay at the kid's table.  I'll be over here with the adults. 

Later dude......

Later Karen

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Thats all you deserve 

That’s all I deserve??  

Fair enough. 

Now explain why all your other posts not directed at me contain….

No ideas 

No thoughts

No adult insights 

Only silly childish memes and name calling

???

It ain’t just me.  

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Thought of you this past weekend. Was in Tampa for the game. How can a state have such amazing weather -and yet still be the armpit of America?

You’ve clearly never been to California. 
PS: sorry you had to witness the loss firsthand 

PPS: Go Bills

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Thought of you this past weekend. Was in Tampa for the game. How can a state have such amazing weather -and yet still be the armpit of America?

The armpit where the rest of the country is moving to, interesting theory. I am not sure if I want to meet you, if you are a nice guy it would make this less entertaining, but I I was there also.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The armpit where the rest of the country is moving to, interesting theory. I am not sure if I want to meet you, if you are a nice guy it would make this less entertaining, but I I was there also.

Yup.  Even Stretch Pelosi is looking to move there. :lol:

NY AG: I'll "create" a law for suing gun manufacturers like Newsom's

james-guns-450x257.jpg

How does Letitia James demagogue on gun control in this 92-second clip? Let us count the ways. Following Gavin Newsom’s lead in California, the Attorney General of New York tells The View that she has her office working on crafting a law that will allow private citizens to sue gun manufacturers and sellers, just as Texas passed targeting abortion providers. “This is a first,” James declared.”

Shall we review all the ways in which it will be a last?

Let’s start with some basic civics. Who writes the laws in our form of government? Why, that task belongs to legislature, not the executive branch! And to which branch of government does the AG belong? I’ll give you a hint — it rhymes with shmegistature. As AG, James can no more “create a law” than any other citizen in New York. The Texas law on which this proposal is modeled was passed in the state legislature.

Technically, that constrains Newsom in California as well. Governors can informally propose legislation, and in the Golden State and its veto-proof Democratic supermajorities, such a proposal would theoretically pass, although the radical step that it takes might lose enough non-LA/San Francisco legislators to get tanked. If Kathy Hochul tried it in New York, Democrats might be able to squeak it through, but one suspects that the upcoming red-wave midterms would likely make them much less willing to try it … especially just one year after Andrew Cuomo’s scandalous run came to its ignominious end.

But even then, it’s a waste of time in two separate ways. Gun manufacturers’ immunity from lawsuits is partly based on federal legislation (the 2005 Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act), which would tend to crowd out any state efforts. However, it’s also based firmly on common law regarding liability. Manufacturers can be held liable for fraud and for product defects (as well as knowingly supplying weapons for use in crimes), but outcomes from the use of firearms that operate properly are not the liability of the manufacturer or seller, just as it isn’t for cars, to use one example. Courts have centuries of American and English common law on liability that would restrict such efforts as James and Newsom propose, at either the state or federal level. Congress passed the PLCAA to end nuisance suits intending to put manufacturers out of business by “lawfare,” not because the manufacturers needed it to avoid actual liability.

Second: the right to keep and bear arms is an enumerated right, explicitly protected by the US Constitution, and now fully incorporated after Heller and McDonald as an individual right. As courts held even before Heller, that right includes the ability to manufacture and sell firearms and ammunition. Lawsuits intended to shut down the exercise of that right will fail every time, with the exceptions of defect and fraud in specific instances.

More at the link: https://hotair.com/ed-morrissey/2021/12/14/ny-ag-ill-create-a-law-for-suing-gun-manufacturers-like-newsoms-n435449

• Like (+1) 1