What is better, no guns, or more guns?

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

CIVIL RIGHTS UPDATE: 

Virginia to Force Anyone Who Buys Any Firearm to Undergo Background Check. 

“There are 19 such questions where answering “yes” to any one of them could deny you your constitutional right to bear arms.”

Not that I want to condone this crap, but some of those questions are disqualifications under federal law, such as being convicted of a felony.

However, the juvenile delinquent questions are a concern, as are the misdemeanor questions (unless for DV, which is also a disqualification for owning firearms under federal law.)

They should have listed out the rest to make their point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Not surprising. My cousin in Houston works at a sporting goods store and says that there has been a run on guns. Speaking of ammo, I should probably stock up. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, KRC said:

Not surprising. My cousin in Houston works at a sporting goods store and says that there has been a run on guns. Speaking of ammo, I should probably stock up. 

Was at Academy Sports yesterday. All .223/5.56 and 9mm were completely out. Very little in other calibers. Lots of people purchasing guns.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kevbeau said:

Was at Academy Sports yesterday. All .223/5.56 and 9mm were completely out. Very little in other calibers. Lots of people purchasing guns.

I'll have to hit the places near me to see what is still available. I am guessing .30 Carbine may still be around, but may have more difficulty with .40 S&W and 7.62x39. I probably won't bother getting .223.

6 hours ago, Kevbeau said:

When I was in Sportsman’s warehouse on Saturday they looked pretty well stocked, but already had signs out saying they were rationing. Yesterday morning I stopped at my local Academy. I didn’t see any rationing signs like I saw at Sportsman’s. It was starting to get thin, but they still had at least some ammo available in the most popular rifle and pistol calibers, and seemed to be basically fully stocked for the less common calibers they carry on a regular basis. I was already pretty well stocked so I didn’t go crazy but I picked up a couple more boxes of 5.56, 7.62x51, .40 s&w, and a brick of bulk .22lr. I figure at this point prices are only going to go up for at least the near future. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Gary M said:

A little personal anecdote, my youngest brother in FLA. who constantly bashes the NRA just bought a Kel Tec Sub 2000, a gun that I can't own in NY. Sadly the irony is lost on him.

What....a pistol with a rifle style barrel and a foldable stock is illegal in NY (sarcasm off)

Got to shoot one a little while back...was fun 

Edited by Kevbeau

57 minutes ago, KRC said:

Wifey went out to buy ammo last night. No issues with .40, .30 Carbine, and .223. She couldn't get 7.62x39, but that was because this place does not carry it.

If you send her out to get milk or bacon she’ll come back really frustrated and may actually that ammo! 

Too funny. The comments are the best:

https://thechive.com/2019/03/20/gangster-arrested-with-gun-from-1858-gets-roasted-by-the-internet-22-photos/?utm_medium=post&utm_source=facebook_chive&fbclid=IwAR1jRSReBZT7bpx3jVWk-wxCL6y8lJ4M7CGFhHCQL6limD5M4hUaVYjZ54w

Enter this week’s dingaling: felon and self-proclaimed gangster Amador Carlos Martinez. Martinez was recently pulled over during a routine traffic stop, where he admitted to officers he was in possession of a firearm. We’re not sure what type of gun the officers were expecting to find, but they turned up a rather curious one.

A Remington Model 1858 Black Powder Revolver, to be exact.

53799272_10161455100395006_1170524024342
Via FresoPD/Facebook

According to Fresno PD’s Facebook page:

“On Monday, March 11, 2019, at 5:00 P.M. Southeast Special Response Team Officer Dillon Biggs and Officer Sukhbir Chauhan were proactively patrolling the area of Third St and Madison Ave in an effort to reduce gang violence and shootings in the Southeast Policing District. They initiated a traffic stop for a vehicle code violation. They contacted the driver, 19-year-old Amador Carlos Martinez, a self-admitted Ruthless Thug Life Fresno Bulldog Criminal Street Gang Member.

Martinez admitted to Officer Biggs he had a loaded 44 Magnum revolver under the driver seat. Martinez said he possessed the firearm for his protection against other gang members. Martinez was arrested and booked into the Fresno County Jail for being a felon in possession of a firearm. Please see the attached photograph of the handgun recovered and of suspect Amador Carlos Martinez.”

We’re not sure what in the Oregon Trail possessed him to sport such a… unique gun, but we are certain that the internet came correct when they wanted to roast him for it. Check out the comment below.

aa110-1.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=600
Via FresoPD/Facebook
aa115-1.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=600

52 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Too funny. The comments are the best:

https://thechive.com/2019/03/20/gangster-arrested-with-gun-from-1858-gets-roasted-by-the-internet-22-photos/?utm_medium=post&utm_source=facebook_chive&fbclid=IwAR1jRSReBZT7bpx3jVWk-wxCL6y8lJ4M7CGFhHCQL6limD5M4hUaVYjZ54w

Enter this week’s dingaling: felon and self-proclaimed gangster Amador Carlos Martinez. Martinez was recently pulled over during a routine traffic stop, where he admitted to officers he was in possession of a firearm. We’re not sure what type of gun the officers were expecting to find, but they turned up a rather curious one.

A Remington Model 1858 Black Powder Revolver, to be exact.

53799272_10161455100395006_1170524024342

Via FresoPD/Facebook

According to Fresno PD’s Facebook page:

“On Monday, March 11, 2019, at 5:00 P.M. Southeast Special Response Team Officer Dillon Biggs and Officer Sukhbir Chauhan were proactively patrolling the area of Third St and Madison Ave in an effort to reduce gang violence and shootings in the Southeast Policing District. They initiated a traffic stop for a vehicle code violation. They contacted the driver, 19-year-old Amador Carlos Martinez, a self-admitted Ruthless Thug Life Fresno Bulldog Criminal Street Gang Member.

Martinez admitted to Officer Biggs he had a loaded 44 Magnum revolver under the driver seat. Martinez said he possessed the firearm for his protection against other gang members. Martinez was arrested and booked into the Fresno County Jail for being a felon in possession of a firearm. Please see the attached photograph of the handgun recovered and of suspect Amador Carlos Martinez.”

We’re not sure what in the Oregon Trail possessed him to sport such a… unique gun, but we are certain that the internet came correct when they wanted to roast him for it. Check out the comment below.

aa110-1.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=600

Via FresoPD/Facebook

aa115-1.jpg?quality=85&strip=info&w=600

I’m not sure about CA law, but federally and in most states black powder muzzleloaders including cap and ball revolvers like this are not legally considered firearms, can be purchased by anyone over 18 without a background check, and are legal for convicted felons to own. He may have earned himself a night in jail by being honest about  something that isn’t actually a crime.