What is better, no guns, or more guns?

23 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Our lovely governor (Virginia) is calling a special session for gun control trying to capitalize on the VA beach shooting.

I’m researching if having a racist picture, or sexual assault accusation in my past increase my chance of keeping my constitutional rights.

I think VA legislators should consider scalpel control legislation and Northam should have his scalpel license taken away.

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED: Rep. Eric Swalwell rolls out gun control plan.

A 48-hour cooling-off period between the time a person purchases a firearm and the time they take possession of it.

Implement background checks for all firearm and ammunition purchases.

Require that liability insurance be purchased before a person can buy, trade, or otherwise receive a firearm.

Create a national firearm registry that is linked to individual firearms, and require that all purchases, transfers, and donations of firearms be mandatorily registered.

Prohibit individuals from purchasing more than one handgun per 30-day period.

Prohibit the online sale of ammunition.

Ban and buy back bump stocks, large-capacity magazines that are capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition, and silencers.

Prohibit individuals from hoarding ammunition in quantities exceeding 200 rounds per caliber or gauge.

Repealing the Protection for Lawful Commerce in Guns Act.

Prohibit states from arming teachers.

I think the only thing he missed was Danny Davis’s 50% ammo tax.

The world's largest army? America's hunters!

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin. Allow me to restate that number:

Over the last several months Wisconsin's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.

More men under arms than in Iran. More than France and Germany combined.

These men deployed to the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin, to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 955,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan's 700,000 hunters, all of whom have now returned home safely.

Toss in a 350,000 hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world. And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

9 hours ago, B-Man said:

A blogger added up the deer license sales in just a handful of states and arrived at a striking conclusion:

There were over 600,000 hunters this season in the state of Wisconsin. Allow me to restate that number:

Over the last several months Wisconsin's hunters became the eighth largest army in the world.

These men deployed to the woods of a single American state, Wisconsin, to hunt with firearms, and no one was killed.

That number pales in comparison to the 955,000 who hunted the woods of Pennsylvania and Michigan's 700,000 hunters, all of whom have now returned home safely.

Toss in a 350,000 hunters in West Virginia and it literally establishes the fact that the hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world. And then add in the total number of hunters in the other 46 states?

Add in the potential Navy Seals from the South Side of Chicago and East LA and we have a real killing force.

The mask slips.....................

VIDEO: IL Sen. Taunts Gun Owner: Forget The Fine, Maybe We’ll Just Take Your Firearms.

The concerned gun owner pointed to SB107 and said the purpose of it was “to take away [his] semiautomatic firearms.”

Morrison then interjected that the purpose was not to take them, but to prevent any future sales.

The gun owner responded by pointing out that the ban on future sales included a fine for current owners who did not hand their guns over. He said, “You want me to turn them over to the state police unless I pay a fine for each firearm and register them, then I get to keep them.”

Morrison concurred, saying, “Okay.”

The gun owner then asked, “If I get to keep it–if I pay a fine and register it–then, how dangerous is it in the first place and why do you need to ban it all?”

People in attendance applauded the gun owner’s point

and once applause died Morrison said, “Well, you just maybe changed my mind. Maybe we won’t have a fine at all, maybe it’ll just be a confiscation and we won’t have to worry about paying the fine.”

Charming.

10 hours ago, B-Man said:

Not sure if this quote is real.... but it is true

"You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

30 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The mask slips.....................

VIDEO: IL Sen. Taunts Gun Owner: Forget The Fine, Maybe We’ll Just Take Your Firearms.

The concerned gun owner pointed to SB107 and said the purpose of it was “to take away [his] semiautomatic firearms.”

Morrison then interjected that the purpose was not to take them, but to prevent any future sales.

The gun owner responded by pointing out that the ban on future sales included a fine for current owners who did not hand their guns over. He said, “You want me to turn them over to the state police unless I pay a fine for each firearm and register them, then I get to keep them.”

Morrison concurred, saying, “Okay.”

The gun owner then asked, “If I get to keep it–if I pay a fine and register it–then, how dangerous is it in the first place and why do you need to ban it all?”

People in attendance applauded the gun owner’s point

and once applause died Morrison said, “Well, you just maybe changed my mind. Maybe we won’t have a fine at all, maybe it’ll just be a confiscation and we won’t have to worry about paying the fine.”

Charming.

A founding father appears out of nowhere and shoots him. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Gary M said:

Not sure if this quote is real.... but it is true

"You cannot invade mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."

It's misattributed to Yamamoto Isoroku, but it's not real.  It's not the sort of thing he, or any Japanese leader at the time, would have said.

On 6/19/2019 at 6:26 PM, DC Tom said:

I don't support arming teachers.  But that is truly asinine.  

A few back in the day were violent people and a gun wouldn’t have been wise when a yardstick was a weapon in their hands

Man whose pro-gun speech went viral announces candidacy for lieutenant governor

GREENSBORO — Tuesday, Mark Robinson, a native of Greensboro, announced his candidacy for the office of Lt. Governor of North Carolina, in a bid to become the first black lieutenant governor in the state’s history.

Robinson is best known for his viral speech at the Greensboro City Council where he spoke out against a council that was attempting to stop a gun show.  (See video at bottom of the post.)

He announced his candidacy in front of the City Hall building in Greensboro where he gave that viral speech, and was joined by his wife, two kids, and over 80 supporters.

</snip>

Note: he is running as a Republican.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1