What is better, no guns, or more guns?

5hjfIIoJ_bigger.jpgJ.R. Salzman @jrsalzman 5h5 hours ago

The article is about how police officers were called to her home multiple times since January, yet nothing was done. The sheriff is investigating.

Yet this is the headline CBS decided to use. Sound familiar?

d0Q4voGK_bigger.jpgCBS NewsVerified account @CBSNews
FollowFollow @CBSNews

13 guns were found in the home of a 92-year-old woman who killed her son, sheriff says https://cbsn.ws/2KRjnHD 

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Herp derp derp. I am an idiot who pushes an !@#$ crazy enough to start bitching about a parking spot and gets killed for it.  Guess I should have kept my hands to myself.  Derp a derp derp.  Dumbass squared.

https://www.wfla.com/news/pinellas-county/no-charges-in-fatal-parking-lot-shooting/1313532859

Just say “thank you” to every crazy who accosts you verbally

don’t physically rough them up if they didn’t start contact

45 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Just say “thank you” to every crazy who accosts you verbally

don’t physically rough them up if they didn’t start contact

And if you knock someone down, make sure they stay down.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Law of Self Defense VIDEO: Just because it’s lawful to present the gun doesn’t mean it’s lawful to press the trigger

by Andrew Branca    July 20, 2018

License to Use Force Ends When the Threat Ends

I really hope this can reach out to people so they learn to pull their head out of their ass.  The trash shouldn't be parking there or blocking stores access because they're lazy. And no one should lay hands on someone. And this guy appears to have been right to draw the weapon just an !@#$ for shooting a retreating man.

Let's hope people learn from the hot heads mistake.  !@#$ing sad and stupid all around.

• Like (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

I really hope this can reach out to people so they learn to pull their head out of their ass.  The trash shouldn't be parking there or blocking stores access because they're lazy. And no one should lay hands on someone. And this guy appears to have been right to draw the weapon just an !@#$ for shooting a retreating man.

Let's hope people learn from the hot heads mistake.  !@#$ing sad and stupid all around.

Just as if you knock someone down, make sure the stay down...if you're not going to pull the trigger, you have no business pulling the weapon.  

Real life isn't a TV western.  If you're going to start ****, don't escalate through some dramatic concept of proportional violence.  If you start it, and end it as quickly as possible.  

Better yet: don't start ****.  

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

Just as if you knock someone down, make sure the stay down...if you're not going to pull the trigger, you have no business pulling the weapon.  

Real life isn't a TV western.  If you're going to start ****, don't escalate through some dramatic concept of proportional violence.  If you start it, and end it as quickly as possible.  

Better yet: don't start ****.  

This is entirely true.  And when you start someone be damn sure you know what's at stake and your options if you need to take them.

The desire to be a victim is also an issue, especially if being a white knight.  This guy who shot the dude didn't save anyone or have a noble cause other than keeping some dumbass out of a handicap spot, and it is a huge problem. If you go to a gas station, about any gas station, grocery store or shop in general, you are highly likely to have that !@#$ park right in front of the door waiting on their acquaintance to go shop or whatever the case. They're not concerned that everyone has to walk around them, not at all.  They don't concern themselves with others.

For as much of a grouch as I am I am very non confrontational. I get by with size and attitude being enough to keep people away, I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

Parkland Shooter Asked for Help, but Was Denied Before Shooting

School officials “did not follow through” when Nikolas Cruz asked for special assistance months before the massacre, a new report finds.

A new report found Parkland school shooter Nikolas Cruz asked school officials for help months before he allegedly gunned down 14 fellow classmates and three adults—but the school district “did not follow through."

That failure by school officials was singled out in a court-ordered report released Friday into the school district’s handling of Cruz’s behavioral issues. While more than half of the report was redacted, the blacked-out sections of the document could still easily be read by copying and pasting into a separate document, a trick used by The Sun-Sentinel to release the unredacted report on Friday.

Among the conclusions in the report, authored by the Collaborative Educational Network of Tallahassee, are two glaring instances in which Broward school officials failed to act in accordance with laws governing the treatment of students with disabilities.

So can we have another town hall now or no?

DL21NuCN_bigger.jpgStephen MillerVerified account @redsteeze 6h6 hours ago
And all of this coming to light would be the reason why the school district & sheriff's department were eager to pin this on someone else and our national media obliged them, and continues to oblige them by ignoring these details

The school district & that sherif failed those kids.

Not a National membership group who had nothing to do with it.

What a gross malpractice of media.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/parkland-shooter-asked-for-help-but-was-denied-before-shooting?__twitter_impression=true

Cruz's statements about the shooting are blacked out, but the transcript is otherwise wide-ranging, dealing with the death of Cruz's parents, his penchant for killing animals, his former girlfriend, his brother, guns, suicide attempts and, especially, the voice. He told Curcio the voice appeared after his father died about 15 years ago but got worse after his mother died of pneumonia in November.

Cruz described the voice as a male, about his age, and said the only person he ever told about it was his brother.

Curcio asked what the voice told him.

"Burn. Kill. Destroy," Cruz responded.

"Burn, kill, destroy what?" the detective asked.

"Anything," Cruz responded.

He told Curcio that he had to fight the voice from taking over, that it was always bad.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/nikolas-cruz-florida-school-shooting-suspect-interrogation-transcript-released-today-2018-08-07/?__twitter_impression=true

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

9 minutes ago, LABillzFan said:

That voice he heard was actually coming from the NRA.

True story.

Those evil bastards! I'll be you that they even thawed out Charlton Heston to do the voice acting!