What is better, no guns, or more guns?

He has none. In fact, the stats bear out the opposite. As an example, the several colleges that permit open carry, rather than opperate as gun free zones, have the lowest rates of crime in the country.

I don't know. The local high school here has a sign that says it's a drug-free zone. So it clearly this is true!

• 2 weeks later...

He has none. In fact, the stats bear out the opposite. As an example, the several colleges that permit open carry, rather than opperate as gun free zones, have the lowest rates of crime in the country.

So, you really feel that if the entire population carried guns at all times, we would all be safer? Are you sure that you are considering shootings of jealously, rage, betrayal, mental illness, drunkeness, etc?.

Consider the recent nights in Missouri for a moment. I have no link or stats to back this up but I feel there would be more dead if every person there was armed over this last week. You don't?

So, you really feel that if the entire population carried guns at all times, we would all be safer? Are you sure that you are considering shootings of jealously, rage, betrayal, mental illness, drunkeness, etc?.

Are those crimes? The data supports that.

Bob in Mich, proponent of "data" when it comes to medical marijuana; feelings when it comes to gun control.

The link takes me to an article about gun shootings in Chicago. what is your point?

You're arguing that if more people in Ferguson had guns, morepeople would have been killed over the weekend.

Chicago has, far and away, the strictest gun laws in the country, and routinely has more shootings, murders and youth killings every weekend than virtually other city in the country.

People with guns isn't the problem. The wrong people with guns is the problem.

• 3 weeks later...

You're arguing that if more people in Ferguson had guns, morepeople would have been killed over the weekend.

Chicago has, far and away, the strictest gun laws in the country, and routinely has more shootings, murders and youth killings every weekend than virtually other city in the country.

People with guns isn't the problem. The wrong people with guns is the problem.

The big cat, who lives in Chicago, says, and I quote-"Every weekend unmarked vans with Alabama plates park in the middle of the road and unload crates of weapons" If that's true is that not the fault of local law enforcement ?

The big cat, who lives in Chicago, says, and I quote-"Every weekend unmarked vans with Alabama plates park in the middle of the road and unload crates of weapons" If that's true is that not the fault of local law enforcement ?

Eric Holder told them to stand down, he is tracking the guns!!!

• Like (+1) 1

If true, that's the fault of A LOT of people.

gatotman, you provide us Republican conservatives with hours of rip-roaring laughter. The only way you could be more partisan is to have your lips sewn onto Obama's member. I have a reason for being silent the last few months, I washout of action with a stroke.

Bob in Mich- the guns might not be so scary if people with medical marajauna "permits" were not allowed to have them.