What is better, no guns, or more guns?

14 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Dummy, the biggest overlap is missing father figures not race, but seriously you must be a racist to jump there. 

But statistics are racist, silly. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Most neighborhoods have had zero invasions in 20 years. Mine as well. 

3 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

Why do you think some neighborhoods have constant crime and some have basically zero for decades at a time?

1 hour ago, SUNY_amherst said:

If I knew that answer I would be a very rich man. I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest that drugs and poverty play a role

1 hour ago, LeviF said:

1 hour ago, Orlando Tim said:

That is not true, drugs are a definite problem in the suburbs also. Poverty plays a role but the overlap of poverty and crime is certainly not the highest R factor for causation. What is the biggest overlap?

59 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Why ask a question when you think have an answer. This isn't a game. At least the (likely) racist guy above you provided his theory without a passive aggressive question

18 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

Dummy, the biggest overlap is missing father figures not race, but seriously you must be a racist to jump there. 

3 minutes ago, LeviF said:

But statistics are racist, silly. 

@SUNY_amherst

you’ve got people trying to help educate you. Why attack? 

cliff notes;

1) biggest single predictor of crime=poverty across ALL DEMOGRAPHICS 

2) biggest single predictor of poverty = single parent households ACROSS ALL DEMOGRAPHICS 

Save the family, save the world.

also, sorry pro life folks, abortion factors in too

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 5/6/2023 at 10:37 PM, Roundybout said:

2nd Amendment is vague. We can work a loophole in it to remove high-powered military rifles from the hands of the knuckle-dragging morons I'm forced to share a country with. 

Woah there pal, let’s cool it with the racist comments

C0C3741E-6FD2-41AA-85A8-FDABD06B18C5.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

again with the passive aggression. Say what you really wanted. Again, the other guy shared his theory and father figures werent in the graph/meme

It’s not a theory. It’s a fact. Blacks commit over 50% of the homicides and have similar disproportionate representation as offenders for other violent crimes. 

Orlando Tim up there thinks it’s fatherlessness. That’s a theory. It’s also one of the better ones. Controlling for income the disparity still exists so “poverty” is not a good theory. Drug use in and of itself is a crime so I’m not sure how we’d parse that. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

again with the passive aggression. Say what you really wanted. Again, the other guy shared his theory and father figures werent in the graph/meme

You really need to learn what passive aggressive means, I stated it clearly, the fact that you made a racist assumption is your fault. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, LeviF said:

It’s not a theory. It’s a fact. Blacks commit over 50% of the homicides and have similar disproportionate representation as offenders for other violent crimes. 

Orlando Tim up there thinks it’s fatherlessness. That’s a theory. It’s also one of the better ones. Controlling for income the disparity still exists so “poverty” is not a good theory. Drug use in and of itself is a crime so I’m not sure how we’d parse that. 

https://www.heritage.org/crime-and-justice/report/the-real-root-causes-violent-crime-the-breakdown-marriage-family-and

I am more confident in this concept since becoming a teacher. If you told me 20 students in all my classes do not have fathers I could likely pick out 15 of them without difficulty, even if not violent, they often have issues understanding some version of societal norms. 

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Its a fact that socio economic conditions are the main drivers.    

and some love to just see the economic half of that and think they can fix the issue with money.  missing the social aspects by a mile.

Edited by Chris farley
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

https://www.heritage.org/crime-and-justice/report/the-real-root-causes-violent-crime-the-breakdown-marriage-family-and

I am more confident in this concept since becoming a teacher. If you told me 20 students in all my classes do not have fathers I could likely pick out 15 of them without difficulty, even if not violent, they often have issues understanding some version of societal norms. 

100% the reason. I work in a school as well (high school with a large minority population). The kids who get into the most trouble, don't show up for classes, get involved with crime outside the school... they are almost all from single parent households or no parent households (Dept of Human Service custody, grandparents or aunts/uncles custody, etc). 

The leftists on here will tell you it's because of racism that there are these issues. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, LeviF said:

seems well sourced and they say in fact before assertions so it must be true 🤷‍♂️ 

https://marripedia.org/effects_of_parents_on_crime_rates

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/05/31/us/politics/hunter-biden-bruen-justice-department.html

Hunter is trying to get out of gun charges with an interesting idea. Wonder what his dad thinks of it? 

Comical! 

His dad wants guns banned (but shotguns, he's good with just randomly shooting shotgun blasts in the air) but his son who lied on a Form 4473 to buy a gun... he can use the Bruen ruling to save his own ass. Screw the rest of us Americans with our 2A rights. 

• Thank you (+1) 2

14 hours ago, BillStime said:

Todays mass shooting is sponsored by MAGA NRA

Clearly... another mass shooting by a whi..... oh wait, crap. 

BTW: Pistol braces do NOTHING to cause more deaths or less deaths. People who want to argue they do, they have ZERO understanding of firearms. 

"Bullets have been used in some recent mass shootings."

Poll: Most Tennesseans Want Authorities Focusing On Dangerous People, Not Guns, As Governor Pushes ‘Order Of Protection’ Law.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/poll-most-tennesseans-want-authorities-focusing-on-dangerous-people-not-guns-as-governor-pushes-order-of-protection-law

ALSO, WE STILL HAVEN’T SEEN THE TRANS SHOOTER’S MANIFESTO.

• Like (+1) 1

I listened to CNN on my way to pick up lunch (crappy Italian). 

They BRIEFLY talked about Richmond... said who was the shooter and that he had a "year long 'beef' with the graduate that was killed. Adding, "He peacefully surrendered to VCU campus police." 

7 people shot, 2 dead... at a High School graduation event. 4 handguns found that were used.... Amari Pollard is the 19 year old shooter. 

shoot.thumb.JPG.bd63cb8377e32b8f8cd13b0de2db4ee8.JPG

All the political tweets turning this into an anti-gun/anti-AR15 platform last night... now? 

CRICKETS

NONE of this fits their agenda. THEY DON'T CARE ANYMORE.  Not until the next shooter is white and an AR platform weapon is used. 

• Like (+1) 2