What is better, no guns, or more guns?

2 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

“a serious threat of physical violence against a reasonably identifiable victim” to a psychotherapist, that psychotherapist is required to take steps to protect the intended victim"  So only people with a psychotherapist that makes a direct threat to a actual victim.  

doesn't seem like it would impact much at all. did the crazy person in Tenn tell their psychotherapist they were going to shoot up the school?

your reading comprehension needs work.  or more likely you cherry picked the article.  Psychotherapists make up a tiny percentage of AMA membership and pretty sure the piece wasn't targeted at them.  but I'm not going back for you and reread it.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

your reading comprehension needs work.  or more likely you cherry picked the article.  Psychotherapists make up a tiny percentage of AMA membership and pretty sure the piece wasn't targeted at them.  but I'm not going back for you and reread it.

I took that from the part you sourced out of the article and pasted into your comment.

Before you toss attempted insults, find a mirror.

Edited by Chris farley

19 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

I took that from the part you sourced out of the article and pasted into your comment.

Before you toss attempted insults, find a mirror.

and did it expound on that to include other doctors?  hold that thought.  gotta hit some putts and get to the range before I lose some money on the course.  I just messaged my foursome and we are going to discuss Lenin right after we agree on today's bets.

Edited by redtail hawk

2 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

and did it expound on that to include other doctors?  hold that thought.  gotta hit some putts and get to the range before I lose some money on the course.

your cut and paste from that article included very generic references to other states, it only had a detailed reference from cali.

When you point a finger, there are there coming right back at you.

15 hours ago, BillStime said:

But the NY Governor didn't take away Irv's gun - and yet he is STILL crying like a spoiled brat.

These law-abiding gun owners should be OUTRAGED that these bad apples are RUINING IT FOR EVERYONE. They SHOULD BE advocating for stricter rules that will have virtually little impact on the SPORT. That's what it is, right?  I mean, who NEEDS to carry an AR-15 to Wegmans? 

But no - these idiots and red state governors continue to advocate and do the EXACT opposite - make it even F'N easier for ANYONE to get a gun.

CLEARLY THERE ARE HOLES IN THE LAWS THAT WE HAVE IF THESE NUT JOBS CAN CONTINUE TO GET GUNS. AND IF THERE ARE NO HOLES LIKE THEY CLAIM - THEN TOO DAMN BAD - REGULATE THE F OUT OF THESE AR-15 TYPE WEAPONS.

You want to play GI Joe with AR-15?  Great - go to a secure location.

Meanwhile, these freaks are focused on banning books (the irony) and crying about drag queens.

jfc

I still don't understand why you want to go after the one weapon platform that accounts for a fraction of gun deaths per year. 400 or less. Out of 10,500. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

It's ok.  What I don't understand is why you would let your own family get slaughtered before you would give up your gun.

That's the thing, one reason I have my firearms to protect my family. 

You still have not explained why you continue to single out ONE firearm platform and ignore the others? The least used type, but you see it being scary and  you want to get rid of it. 

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, redtail hawk said:

The R party left physicians, then physicians left the party.  Not the other way around.  We don't identify with Nazi's

https://www.wsj.com/articles/doctors-once-gop-stalwarts-now-more-likely-to-be-democrats-11570383523

But yes, when we are out golfing, Bolshevism is a frequent topic of discussion, at least in my regular group😂

Got a 11 am tee time today.  I'll be sure to bring it up on the 1st tee. If not today, I'm sure we'll discuss Sunday.

Maybe you can discuss how doctors allowed themselves to become pawns of the Soviet Union and routinely diagnosed those who publicly opposed the regime with mental disorders. 

But hey, I’m sure the docs in the USSR only fell in line once those who opposed communism “left physicians,” so they’re absolved. 

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

That's the thing, one reason I have my firearms to protect my family. 

You still have not explained why you continue to single out ONE firearm platform and ignore the others? The least used type, but you see it being scary and  you want to get rid of it. 

You already admitted here in this thread that you would never relinquish your weapons; even if you knew it would save a loved one.

You can save your "knowledge" of guns - CIVILIANS DON'T NEED MILITARY GRADE WEAPONS

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, BillStime said:

You already admitted here in this thread that you would never relinquish your weapons; even if you knew it would save a loved one.

You can save your "knowledge" of guns - CIVILIANS DON'T NEED MILITARY GRADE WEAPONS

Never said that BS. You can keep saying that and trying to piece together my posts, but I never said that. Keep trying though. 

It's not difficult to answer a simple question: 

Why do you want to go after the AR-15 or the AR platform (includes several rifle calibers) when a handgun accounts for 16 times the number of murders? 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Military carry's handguns.  Some anyways.

No military uses an Bushmaster AR15, and they sure aint using the garbage guns that Tenn Shooter used.

But hey, you head down and get the criminals to all give up there's, and in turn we read about way less gun violence, folks will probably be less inclined to search out self defense.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

No military uses an Bushmaster AR15, and they sure aint using the garbage guns that Tenn Shooter used.

But hey, you head down and get the criminals to all give up there's, and in turn we read about way less gun violence, folks will probably be less inclined to search out self defense.

CNN and MSNBC as well as the Young Turks, they talk about the evils of the AR-15 (which probably account for 200 deaths a year in reality). That's where BS gets his information on firearms and information about the AR-15. Cenk Uygur doesn't like the AR-15, unless you're transgender (he actually said that... no one should own one unless they are a tranny), so BS is going with what Cenk and Rachel Maddow says. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

CNN and MSNBC as well as the Young Turks, they talk about the evils of the AR-15 (which probably account for 200 deaths a year in reality). That's where BS gets his information on firearms and information about the AR-15. Cenk Uygur doesn't like the AR-15, unless you're transgender (he actually said that... no one should own one unless they are a tranny), so BS is going with what Cenk and Rachel Maddow says. 

Good old hot head Cenk.  The video of tyt meltdown during the 2016 election is epic.  So extreme he got fired from MSNBC.  

Edited by Chris farley

21 minutes ago, Chris farley said:

Look at you justify the slaughter of innocent people with guns that don’t belong in the hands of civilians.

You continue to demonstrate that there is NO compromise when it comes to gun nuts like you.

Guns Over People

• Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Look at you justify the slaughter of innocent people with guns that don’t belong in the hands of civilians.

You continue to demonstrate that there is NO compromise when it comes to gun nuts like you.

Guns Over People

So go round them up from the criminals using them.  your the one obsessed with them, if talking a gun nut.

people would be less likely to search out self-defense and utilize the second if you know.  if there was there was less of it. 

Have you read about the back log of carry permit applications in NYS since tops?   

I stated facts, you ran with some emotional ad hominem. like usual.

later.

3 hours ago, redtail hawk said:

so only trans people are insane?

Well we always here how if they don't have surgery they will commit suicide, or in general they're all suicidal and how they need to be on body altering drugs just to survive so what would you say they are?

On a side note.

I've got a Kahr P40 pistol for sale.

I bought it when Kahr offered a really good deal on it when guns in the cockpit was allowed after 9/11.

Never fired. Never carried, just oiled every six months or so.

My 270 Ruger I must keep for deer never graze zones, like my vineyard, though I haven't fired it for years either.  

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Dems aren't the ones fellating guns out of some made-up fear that the gub'ment is gonna get them. 

DEMS are literally screaming for the government to what?????

even in here, examples over and over again that would be just that.

NYS banned ASSAULT rifles. people were told they had one year to register, sell or destroy.    and all that came from that was a bunch of self-reported boating accidents.

• Like (+1) 1