What is better, no guns, or more guns?

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Seems the shooter was a trans gender female. This is going to get interesting 

Oh damn. I was thinking a jilted lover or a molested individual. Could be , but yes there’s much more to be discovered here. 

25 minutes ago, Irv said:

Demented Biden cracking jokes and politicizing the whole thing.  We need a real leader.  Not some *****-for-brains.   What a mess.  

Because it 'political.  Other countries have found reasonable compromises that allow guns for hunting and recreation but not designed specifically for killing people

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

Because it 'political.  Other countries have found reasonable compromises that allow guns for hunting and recreation but not designed specifically for killing people

A gun that can be used for hunting can kill people. We don’t even know that this shooter couldn’t have carried out todays bloodbath with just a handgun or two. 

1 hour ago, Roundybout said:

Fine, don’t take the guns away. Bare minimum should be red flag laws where the SECOND someone reports you for obvious mental issues, all your guns go bye-bye for good. 

Please explain how the public education system created this?

Huh? Your ex-wife reports you because she hates you so she says you have some type of "mental issue"... your 2A rights should disappear forever? LOL

I'm a mental health counselor and I can tell you, you CAN lose your gun rights if you have 'certain' mental diagnosis or have been inpatient for certain reasons. You should NOT lose  your gun rights for being just having a mental disorder. There are certain criteria involved and each state is different. 

15 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

A gun that can be used for hunting can kill people. We don’t even know that this shooter couldn’t have carried out todays bloodbath with just a handgun or two. 

Of course they can but they're not nearly as effective at killing large numbers of people which assault rifles do all too well.

9 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Huh? Your ex-wife reports you because she hates you so she says you have some type of "mental issue"... your 2A rights should disappear forever? LOL

I'm a mental health counselor and I can tell you, you CAN lose your gun rights if you have 'certain' mental diagnosis or have been inpatient for certain reasons. You should NOT lose  your gun rights for being just having a mental disorder. There are certain criteria involved and each state is different. 

In your state, what dx's qualify for a person losing his/her gun rights?

Edited by redtail hawk

1 minute ago, redtail hawk said:

Of course they can but they're not nearly as effective at killing large numbers of people which assault rifles do all too well.

I believe  “ assault rifle” is an invented term that sounds menacing but has little basis in fact. I’m no gun expert but I’m sure there are others who can chime in. 

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I believe  “ assault rifle” is an invented term that sounds menacing but has little basis in fact. I’m no gun expert but I’m sure there are others who can chime in. 

AR=assault rifle.

but sure, dive deep into semi vs automatic AR like the gun lobby propaganda does.

Edited by redtail hawk
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, redtail hawk said:

AR=assault rifle.

Again , consult a gun expert. There is nothing distinguishing about the weapon from many others , that is my point. It’s a broad term without specificity and that is usually the hang up in any potential legislation. It’s far too broad. 

Edited by Boatdrinks
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Again , consult a gun expert. There is nothing distinguishing about the weapon from many others , that is my point. It’s a broad term without specificity and that is usually the hang up in any potential legislation. It’s far too broad. 

They can easily be defined in legislation.

24 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

You can have them back after you are proven to be sane. No nonsense. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

Just now, Roundybout said:

Oh sorry, three small children were killed by an ARMALITE rifle, my bad, makes a huge difference 🙄

No , they were killed by a crazed woman ( we think anyway) intent on killing someone that was able to access a building that (s)he shouldn’t have been. The weapon used changes nothing. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Glad the women got killed.  
should be a death sentence for anyone that uses a weapon to kill people. 
some killers get out of prison in 15 years. 
the person they killed never gets to come out of the grave. 
you shoot some one or stab someone then 25 years in prison. If they survive 
No Electric devices no exercise area no getting out of the cell. 

no bail 

Edited by mead107