What is better, no guns, or more guns?

11 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Lots of reason Jim... people are poor in AMERICA for similar reasons - lack of education, low wages, affordable housing, childcare and universal preschool leading to mental health, desperation, breakdown of family and homelessness.

Rural: spread out; lack of infrastructure/mobility which adversely impact easy access to medical care, education and often leads to underemployment. Lack of internet access, too. Urban: poor cannot afford land and often live in affordable housing; often found in cities, etc

Across all races and ethnicities, U.S. poverty rates in 2019 were higher at 15.4 percent in nonmetro (rural) areas than in metro (urban) areas at 11.9 percent. 

image.thumb.png.7ef7e6271041f96e7dc4e6ab9a095fb0.png

You forgot to add something about Trump. Please edit.

You freakin moron

3 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

No..you asked why is it so easy criminals to get guns in this country? Your question, not mine.

Which is a gun question in a gun thread. You got into other issues that are clearly, clearly, outside the scope of the thread. 

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Which is a gun question in a gun thread. You got into other issues that are clearly, clearly, outside the scope of the thread. 

Oh I see. So there are no questions allowed? Just your nonsensical narrative.  

Here’s a hint: YOU ARE ASKING THE WRONG QUESTION. 

4 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Oh I see. So there are no questions allowed? Just your nonsensical narrative.  

Here’s a hint: YOU ARE ASKING THE WRONG QUESTION. 

No, it's the right question. Dangerous people with easy access to guns. Most people--not you, you think it's funny--want less gun violence. 

Bumped due to meaningless back and forth.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

It wasn't us. . . . . . . . . it wasn't our own poor actions. . . . . . . 

City of Rochester launching suit against gun industry as violence continues..

https://news.yahoo.com/city-rochester-launching-suit-against-144828073.html

2 hours ago — "The suit seeks to hold manufacturers, makers, importers, and distributors of firearms

City of Buffalo files first of its kind lawsuit against gun industry

https://abcnews.go.com/US/city-buffalo-files-kind-lawsuit-gun-industry/story?id=95615548

19 hours ago — The suit, filed in state Supreme Court in Buffalo, also names ghost gun retailers Polymer and Arm or Ally as defendants.

Edited by B-Man

20 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, it's the right question. Dangerous people with easy access to guns. Most people--not you, you think it's funny--want less gun violence. 

Oh just stop with your immature nonsense. I have way too much respect for you to get into this juvenile crap.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Lots of reason Jim... people are poor in AMERICA for similar reasons - lack of education, low wages, affordable housing, childcare and universal preschool leading to mental health, desperation, breakdown of family and homelessness.

Rural: spread out; lack of infrastructure/mobility which adversely impact easy access to medical care, education and often leads to underemployment. Lack of internet access, too. Urban: poor cannot afford land and often live in affordable housing; often found in cities, etc

Across all races and ethnicities, U.S. poverty rates in 2019 were higher at 15.4 percent in nonmetro (rural) areas than in metro (urban) areas at 11.9 percent. 

image.thumb.png.7ef7e6271041f96e7dc4e6ab9a095fb0.png

So poverty has nothing to do with politics.  Got it. Thanks. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, ALF said:

I wonder if a very high federal sales tax on AR-15 type weapons would cut down future sales like it did for cigarettes. 

Now there is a small add on device to change a glock pistol to full auto

A switch, or Glock switch, is a quarter-sized device that slides into the back of a handgun and converts it into an automatic weapon. “It'll expend as many rounds as in the magazine with one trigger pull,” North Charleston Police Lt. Fred Hoose says.

Law enforcement says people are 3D printing Glock switches. They’re also getting them online and from overseas and then distributing them throughout the U.S.

“ATF had a nationwide case in 2020 where we figured out that one particular company had smuggled over 4,000 of these into the country,” Godsave says.

https://www.live5news.com/2022/09/02/tiny-illegal-device-turning-handguns-into-automatic-weapons-popping-up-around-lowcountry/

Ah yes, I always find it odd that the left (not necessarily you, ALF) thinks that making guns only for rich people is a viable solution. This was the original intent of the NFA as well.

And I don't address the red state/blue cities nonsense for one reason: murder is higher when there are more blacks in the place getting measured. That's it. Simple demographics. No need to get confused over why blue Vermont has a low murder rate while blue Maryland has a  high murder rate or why red Idaho has a low murder rate while red Mississippi has a high murder rate. Very simple stuff, homicides by race of offender is a table published every year by the feds.

33 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

So poverty has nothing to do with politics.  Got it. Thanks. 

Of course politics play a role with it - otherwise this whole argument would not have been initiated by Levi regarding the alt “left” nor you would have said this:

On 12/20/2022 at 11:27 AM, Chef Jim said:

Where is the concentration of crime in red states?  

Again - the socio-economic stats of red v blue states don’t support your argument. 

• Eyeroll 1

17 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Of course politics play a role with it - otherwise this whole argument would not have been initiated by Levi regarding the alt “left” nor you would have said this:

Again - the socio-economic stats of red v blue states don’t support your argument. 

Ok so if politics plays a role does it play a role in the massive crime and homelessness problem in cities like LA/SF/Seattle/Portland/Baltimore?  Shouldn’t those blue cities in blue states be utopian wonderlands?  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

Ok so if politics plays a role does it play a role in the massive crime and homelessness problem in cities like LA/SF/Seattle/Portland/Baltimore?  Shouldn’t those blue cities in blue states be utopian wonderlands?  

I would live in any of those cities before I would ever consider living in a red state. 

13 hours ago, LeviF said:

Ah yes, I always find it odd that the left (not necessarily you, ALF) thinks that making guns only for rich people is a viable solution. This was the original intent of the NFA as well.

Keeping these guns out of the hands of people just becoming old enough to buy these weapons  who lately are committing these mass murders .

3 hours ago, ALF said:

Keeping these guns out of the hands of people just becoming old enough to buy these weapons  who lately are committing these mass murders .

We can stop selling guns to 18 year olds as soon as 18 year olds can no longer vote. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BillStime said:

Now show us photos of unfortunate Americans in red states. 

Hurry 

Well unfortunately my plan backfired here seeing both those pictures were in ultra blue California. 

I searched for unfortunate Americans in Blue states but all that came up were pictures of people in red state blue cities.  🤷🏻‍♂️

5 minutes ago, LeviF said:

We can stop selling guns to 18 year olds as soon as 18 year olds can no longer vote. 

We can allow them to join the military, give them a gun and teach them how to kill other humans but not give them a gun and teach them to cull the herd and make venison sausage. 🙄

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1