What is better, no guns, or more guns?

9 hours ago, BillStime said:

I’m really surprised this guy lost

That guy is a complete phony trying to appeal to the MAGA crowd. He thinks shooting a gun into a pond will elevate his tough guy status. I’m pretty sure he couldn’t even hit a pie plate at 20 feet if he tried. I don’t know who was advising him on this commercial but driving a BMW into the desert doesn’t work either. What a joke. 

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Andy1 said:

That guy is a complete phony trying to appeal to the MAGA crowd. He thinks shooting a gun into a pond will elevate his tough guy status. I’m pretty sure he couldn’t even hit a pie plate at 20 feet if he tried. I don’t know who was advising him on this commercial but driving a BMW into the desert doesn’t work either. What a joke. 

Classic nut job.… 

1 hour ago, Andy1 said:

Very strong “check his basement for bodies” vibe.

Makes this the least surprising news ever:

The UVA shooting is making a lot of headlines right about now. The shooting already has its own Wikipedia page and is a major topic of discussion in political circles. Some are calling for gun control and other legislative efforts to try and prevent this from happening again.

I get it.

But it’s always funny to me how mass murder is apparently only bad because of the gun.

Oh, people may say otherwise, but the UVA murders are getting a buttload of attention, but another mass murder from the same day isn’t.

New details have emerged in the mysterious slaying of four college students in Idaho over the weekend.

Police in Moscow, Idaho, said they received a call just before noon on Sunday about an unconscious person in a King Road residence just south of the campus of the University of Idaho. When police arrived, they found the bodies of four dead students. Those students have now been identified: Madison Mogen, 21, of Coeur d’Alene, Idaho; Kaylee GonCalves, 21, of Rathdrum, Idaho; Xana Kernodle, 20; and Ethan Chapin, 20.

So why isn’t this getting the same kind of attention? Four people brutally murdered? That’s the kind of thing that will cause nightmares in responding officers years from now.

Clearly, this is big news. Why isn’t it getting the same attention as UVA?

Well, I have a theory.

Regardless of where the students were from, all of them were brutally attacked with an “edged weapon such as a knife,” police said in a press release on Tuesday. Though a murder weapon has not yet been recovered, police said that stab wounds on the victims indicate that such a weapon was used in the attack, which likely occurred early Sunday morning, perhaps around 3 or 4 a.m.

You see, because the weapon used was a knife, it seems this murder just isn’t as big of a deal for most folks. It’s a horrifying story, but a local one, not a national news item with political implications.

We’re not seeing leaders demand knife control. We’re not hearing the anti-knife crusaders talking about how if we had just one more law, we could have prevented these horrific murders.  None of that.

Because there’s no opportunity to advance a hoplophobic agenda, there’s no reason for the media to turn these senseless murders into a political issue. It’s a crime; a horrific crime, but still just a crime.

So, we don’t get the wall-to-wall coverage. We don’t get political creatures spouting off on just how we could prevent these kinds of things. There’s no reference to our knife crime rate in relation to that of European nations, though ours is much higher. None of that.

These four kids were murdered so brutally that I don’t even want to think about what they must have gone through. Four innocent lives were snuffed out by a man with a knife, and our media all but ignores it so they can advance another mass murder story and push their narrative even further.

Yet these Idaho murders also show that evil people will kill no matter what. Banning a gun won’t make the evil go away.

https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2022/11/17/the-college-mass-murder-being-all-but-ignored-n64488

2 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I think liberals should lead by example and go down to the most blue area of each city and take their guns since we know that is where the majority of gun violence is in each state 

The states with the strictest laws are the ones with the mass shootings. Gee I wonder why. Maybe because bad guys will always have guns because they don't follow the strict laws? And good guys are sitting ducks because the law says they can't arm themselves for protection?

Imagine you were a bad guy and you knew there was an entire building where nobody is allowed to have a gun. Isn't that the place you would attack first? Duhhhhh

12 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

The states with the strictest laws are the ones with the mass shootings. Gee I wonder why. Maybe because bad guys will always have guns because they don't follow the strict laws? And good guys are sitting ducks because the law says they can't arm themselves for protection?

Imagine you were a bad guy and you knew there was an entire building where nobody is allowed to have a gun. Isn't that the place you would attack first? Duhhhhh

Well, this is all fiction. It’s the kind of myth people buy into without evidence because it sounds like common sense at first, but it’s actually wrong and not backed by data. 

States with looser gun laws have more gun deaths per capita. 

The “good guy with a gun” scenario plays out in about 1% of mass shootings.

Most gun deaths are suicides. 

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Orlando Tim said:

I think liberals should lead by example and go down to the most blue area of each city and take their guns since we know that is where the majority of gun violence is in each state 

That's cute. Do cities or states drive gun legislation?

10 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Well, this is all fiction. It’s the kind of myth people buy into without evidence because it sounds like common sense at first, but it’s actually wrong and not backed by data. 

States with looser gun laws have more gun deaths per capita. 

The “good guy with a gun” scenario plays out in about 1% of mass shootings.

Most gun deaths are suicides. 

Thank you for including that last sentence which blows up your entire argument. Most gun deaths are self inflicted and have nothing to do with what I'm discussing. I'm talking about the exact situation we just saw in CO where someone walked into a place knowing nobody there had a gun and it was like target practice unfortunately. If the bouncers were armed do you think he even gets in the door? Bad guys will always have guns. Laws only stop good guys from having them too.

#1 for gun deaths = Chicago which has probably the strictest gun laws in the entire USA. NY has the 2nd strictest gun laws of any state and that didn't stop someone from driving from 3 hours away and going into Tops and shooting up the place. And the latest one in CO where strict gun laws and mag limits exist and they admit that the red flag laws didn't work to stop anything except for the good guys from having a gun of their own for protection.

I have a gun on me at all times even as they are trying to ban them from every single business and make it a felony to carry which is unconstitutional. And because of NY laws I would not be allowed to use it unless I could prove in court that my life was in danger and there is absolutely no way of me getting out of the situation otherwise. So even if I did need to use it I would be in jail for months for doing nothing wrong and then be on trial for murder. Better that then be dead I suppose, but these laws are just not common sense. Bad guys have guns so good guys need guns. It's not hard to understand 

26 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

So you should be fine then. Sounds like a person’s Right to Choose….no? 

Just a regular reminder that the forced birth crowd does not support action that would prevent elective abortions but instead implements laws that endanger the lives of pregnant women while also opposing anything that would help reduce gun deaths. 

They’re not pro-life, they are pro-death. 

• Agree 1