What is better, no guns, or more guns?

On 9/19/2022 at 7:56 AM, BillStime said:

Go Chris go - it's a start.  Shame he is losing his seat because of MAGA freaks.

Rep. Chris Jacobs proposes requiring licenses for buyers of semiautomatic rifles

I'd prefer a ban but this is a start.

So I need clarification.  You are for an outright ban of all personally owned firearms?  

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

C'mon Jim - you responded to my comment containing a Tweet regarding a bill from Jacobs ... can you not figure it out?

I'm sorry I don't care about tweets from other people.  I'm asking you.  So what guns are you talking about banning and why?  

Just now, BillStime said:

Well, you're on own  - we have numerous discussions about this. 

Have fun your rabbit hole.

No rabbit hole.  I just want to know so we can debate what you want vs what I want.  Sooooooo.....What guns do you want to ban and why.  

14 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

No rabbit hole.  I just want to know so we can debate what you want vs what I want.  Sooooooo.....What guns do you want to ban and why.  

You'll never get a straight answer... and later, he will make up what you've said to him. Good luck! 

• Agree 1

How do you argue with someone who calls a Hispanic man who was diagnosed with mental illness a white nationalist? He is correct about threatening the school multiple times but when you hire a superintendent mainly because he refused to suspend minority students when in Chicago terrible things happen. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Orlando Tim said:

How do you argue with someone who calls a Hispanic man who was diagnosed with mental illness a white nationalist? He is correct about threatening the school multiple times but when you hire a superintendent mainly because he refused to suspend minority students when in Chicago terrible things happen. 

He's a phoney and not insane. That was an act. There was some thought at the time that he was a member of a white nationalist org in Florida, but the leader of that org backed off of this prior claim. Evidence is inconclusive.

Nikalas was a MAGA guy though and an extremely hateful racist to be sure. Multiple photos of him sporting the beautiful red trucker hat. His instagram avatar was MAGA-themed. Huge racist. Snopes is your friend if you like the truth. From instagram private chat:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/nikolas-cruz-white-supremacist-group/

In one part of the group chat, Cruz wrote that he hated, “jews, ni**ers, immigrants.”

He talked about killing Mexicans, keeping black people in chains and cutting their necks.

There are hundreds of racist messages, racist memes and racist Instagram videos posted in the group.

One member even joked about Cruz’s particular venomousness, saying that although he hated black people, too, he didn’t “to a point I wanna kill the (sic) like nick.”

Cruz said he hated black people simply because they were black; Cruz hated Jews because he believed they wanted to destroy the world.

After one member expressed hatred for gay people, Cruz agreed, saying, “Shoot them in the back of head.”

White women drew Cruz’s hatred as well, specifically those in interracial relationships, whom he referred to repeatedly as traitors.

Edited by Gene Frenkle

18 minutes ago, Gene Frenkle said:

He's a phoney and not insane. That was an act. There was some thought at the time that he was a member of a white nationalist org in Florida, but the leader of that org backed off of this prior claim. Evidence is inconclusive.

Nikalas was a MAGA guy though and an extremely hateful racist to be sure. Multiple photos of him sporting the beautiful red trucker hat. His instagram avatar was MAGA-themed. Huge racist. Snopes is your friend if you like the truth. From instagram private chat:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/nikolas-cruz-white-supremacist-group/

In one part of the group chat, Cruz wrote that he hated, “jews, ni**ers, immigrants.”

He talked about killing Mexicans, keeping black people in chains and cutting their necks.

There are hundreds of racist messages, racist memes and racist Instagram videos posted in the group.

One member even joked about Cruz’s particular venomousness, saying that although he hated black people, too, he didn’t “to a point I wanna kill the (sic) like nick.”

Cruz said he hated black people simply because they were black; Cruz hated Jews because he believed they wanted to destroy the world.

After one member expressed hatred for gay people, Cruz agreed, saying, “Shoot them in the back of head.”

White women drew Cruz’s hatred as well, specifically those in interracial relationships, whom he referred to repeatedly as traitors.

you think a dude who wanted to kill everyone is a white supremacist? He raged against cops and threatened people at school multiple times which caused him to be transferred from schools 5 times in 3 years. Finally he was thrown out after making a specific threat that he was gonna shoot up the school. He just wanted to kill people and was openly insane. BTW I know people who were higher ups in that district at the time and the way he was handled is why many of them are no longer there, some forced out and some left because they know that if not for the racist policy of not suspending him due to his Hispanic race that the shooting would most likely not have happened.

1 hour ago, BillStime said:

Well, of course they did:

As usual B.S. just regurgitates what he is told.

The Republicans support funding for Mental Health assistance in schools, but (imagine this) they don't want to support a bill named for one thing and delivering something else.

Foxx Opposes Democrats’ H.R. 7780—a Blatant Power Grab

WASHINGTON, D.C., September 29, 2022

Today, Education and Labor Committee Republican Leader Virginia Foxx (R-NC) spoke on the House floor in opposition to H.R. 7780, the Mental Health Matters Act, due to its attack on job creators and its failure to address the nation's mental health situation:

“H.R. 7780, the Mental Health Matters Act, is a package of bills our country would be better off without.

“For example, Title VI of the bill, the Strengthening Behavioral Health Benefits Act contains dangerous policy which would threaten access to critical workplace benefits.

“How would this legislation drive employers to drop benefits? H.R. 7780 allows the Department of Labor (DOL) to level civil monetary penalties against plans and employers for ambiguous mental health parity violations. Employers who offer mental health benefits under the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) do so voluntarily. They should not be penalized for violating standards that are unclear and vague.

“Republicans and Democrats alike support mental health parity, which is why Congress has passed multiple laws to ensure employers are able to meet mental health parity requirements. Yet, despite receiving explicit direction from Congress outlining what DOL must provide to plans, the Department has yet to issue guidance. 

“This legislation would also increase DOL’s budget for mental health parity enforcement by an additional $275 million over 10 years—a sure sign DOL wants to double down on its aggression towards employers. This money would be better spent on compliance assistance instead of targeting employers based on ambiguous standards.

“Additionally, Title VII, the Employee and Retiree Access to Justice Act, gets rid of arbitration clauses, class action waivers, and discretionary clauses in employee benefit plans. This opens the door to increased litigation against plan sponsors which could drastically increase the cost of administering these plans.   

“This bill also contains provisions regarding the youth mental health situation. There is bipartisan agreement that addressing the mental health of youth matters.

{snip}

“Lastly, H.R. 7780 includes the Respond, Innovate, Succeed, and Empower (RISE) Act, the intent of which Republicans support. While I agree that students with disabilities shouldn’t have to jump through hoops to obtain accommodations at school, this legislation will have unintended consequences as currently drafted.  

“For example, this legislation forces colleges and universities to accept outdated documentation from students who are claiming disability status but who do not in fact have a disability. This legislation should have been debated with stakeholders before being rushed to the House floor—but as usual Democrats took a shortcut.

“I would encourage my colleagues to work across the aisle and utilize the deliberative process to form more commonsense and targeted legislation if they actually want to address our country’s mental health situation.

“H.R. 7780 is a bill that tries to do too much—and none of it well. I urge my colleagues to vote no on this legislation.”

https://republicans-edlabor.house.gov/news/documentsingle.aspx?DocumentID=408614