What is better, no guns, or more guns?

Just now, BillStime said:

No - you pretty much only chime in about guns and quickly jump in to remind us that your guns are more important to you than human life.

You already told us you wouldn't give up your gun if you knew it would save a loved one.

You do realize your only responses to anything is something about Trump right? That's all you have. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, BillStime said:

No - you pretty much only chime in about guns and quickly jump in to remind us that your guns are more important to you than human life.

You already told us you wouldn't give up your gun if you knew it would save a loved one.

Strawman much? 

11 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Strawman much? 

Nope. I guess you forgot our exchange before your big “vacation”

image.thumb.jpeg.ec7ee282c232356e8a9d65a118bc4df0.jpeg

On 5/28/2022 at 5:49 PM, ArdmoreRyno said:

I’m not giving up any of my firearms. They are locked away in my gun safe and have never hurt anyone. You’ll find 99.9% of owners would say the same. 

image.thumb.jpeg.5edbed493cad82db05570264f08dbdfa.jpeg

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Nope. I guess you forgot our exchange before your big “vacation”

image.thumb.jpeg.ec7ee282c232356e8a9d65a118bc4df0.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.5edbed493cad82db05570264f08dbdfa.jpeg

Again, strawman argument. 

Keep trying dude. You're good at grasping! 

(get rid of all cars to prevent car deaths)

Just now, ArdmoreRyno said:

Again, strawman argument. 

Keep trying dude. You're good at grasping! 

(get rid of all cars to prevent car deaths)

Nope - you’re the one who literally said you would not be giving up your guns - family be damned.

Keep spinning 

• Haha (+1) 1

Since this article about the actual point of the thread got buried by the "back and forth",

I will re-post.

15 hours ago, B-Man said:

The Supreme Court's Bruen Gun Decision Is Even Bigger Than You Think

BY VICTORIA TAFT AUG 04, 2022

d8c3308f-1e2a-4bba-af56-1139a3209cbe-860

Since Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas made crystal clear in his ruling in New York Pistol and Rifle v. Bruen that the Second Amendment is not a second-class civil right, the question becomes: how far does this decision go? After consulting several gun and constitutional lawyers, here’s the short answer: very far. Read on.

Thomas stated unequivocally that Americans’ right to carry a gun outside the home has been treated as a second-class right in modern times. Indeed, the whims of politicians have been treated with more respect than bedrock constitutional principles surrounding Americans’ right to defend themselves with guns.

Thomas wrote, “we know of no other constitutional right that an individual may exercise only after demonstrating to government officers some special need. That is not how the First Amendment works when it comes to unpopular speech or the free exercise of religion. It is not how the Sixth Amendment works when it comes to a defendant’s right to confront the witnesses against him. And it is not how the Second Amendment works when it comes to public carry for self-defense.”

The decision didn’t touch on the issues of licensing, background checks, training requirements, or limiting who may have a gun permit in the case of felons and the mentally incapable.

Since the decision came out on June 23, I’ve sought the answer to the question I posed above. I’ve spoken to gun law experts around the country and sought to put things in perspective.

More questions arise. Does the decision affecting guns “in common use” also apply to bans on certain guns, such as AR-15s, that are owned by millions of American gun owners? What about parts you put on a gun? What about restrictions on what you put in a gun? Various states around the country limit gun accouterments such as ammunition, so-called “precursor [gun] parts,” magazine sizes, ammo size, stocks, sights, changeable lowers, and other parts. Four states require that special permits be obtained before being able to buy ammo. And there are several different kinds of permits for various bullet sizes. Clearly, these are attempts to create a barrier to defending yourself.

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/victoria-taft/2022/08/04/the-supreme-courts-bruen-gun-decision-is-even-bigger-than-you-think-n1608747

teenshooting_1161x653.jpg.webp

CIVIL RIGHTS UPDATE: Desperate California Anti-Gunners Wreck Junior Shooter Clubs. 

“Of course, A.B. 2571 wasn’t sold as an attempt to prohibit passing an appreciation for shooting sports from one generation to the next.

It was peddled instead as a restriction on marketing guns to kids, as if there’s a danger of tiny tots disguising themselves as their parents to get through the background checks at sporting-goods stores.”

https://reason.com/2022/08/05/desperate-california-anti-gunners-wreck-junior-shooter-clubs/

On 8/4/2022 at 8:33 PM, B-Man said:

Thomas stated unequivocally that Americans’ right to carry a gun outside the home

Yesterday’s wild savage animal or hostile outlaw attacking one on the way to local watering hole in 1782, is todays ________ attacking one driving their gos powered fortified horseless buggy to Starbucks for a mocca chocca latte….

I just can’t come up with the modern day parallel 

38 minutes ago, BillStime said:

🎯

Guy laughing was clearly planted with that quick action.

second, why was beto for taking ar’s during his campaign, then against it while campaigning pre Uvalde and is now again against them? 

10 hours ago, BillStime said:

🎯

Beto is a complete jackass. Mr. Grandstanding 

Attempted burglary, breaking and entering, DUI, admitted steading intellectual property via hacking. *NEVER* and a real job, outside working for family doing mindless stuff. 

Solid citizen. 

Edited by ArdmoreRyno
  • Thank you (+1) 1