What is better, no guns, or more guns?

49 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Another gun case waits in the wings.

Allen Whitaker is a resident of Washington, D.C., who holds a handgun license. In April 2019, police stopped Whitaker, who is Black and wears dreadlocks, and his male cousin at gunpoint when they were returning from a gun range with Whitaker’s daughter and girlfriend and stopped at a gas station at which a few of the other patrons got into an altercation. Noticing that Whitaker wore an empty pistol holster on his waist, the officers handcuffed the two men. They searched the vehicle as well as Whitaker and his family, found an amount of marijuana legally permissible in the District belonging to Whitaker’s girlfriend, and seized both the marijuana and Whitaker’s gun that was stored in a lockbox in the trunk. The police eventually released Whitaker and his family without charge, but they refused to return the handgun.

After applying to register a new firearm, Whitaker received notice from the Metropolitan Police Department that his gun license would be revoked. D.C. law allows the MPD to determine whether a person is a “suitable” applicant to own a handgun. The notice explained that the gas-station incident, combined with Whitaker’s misdemeanor criminal history that had been evaluated in his originally approved application for a gun license, demonstrated a “propensity for violence or instability” unsuitable for a firearm owner. The Concealed Pistol Licensing Review Board denied Whitaker’s administrative appeal. Whitaker filed suit in the D.C. Court of Appeals, which dismissed the case as moot after the MPD voluntarily reinstated Whitaker’s license mid-litigation. In Whitaker v. District of Columbia Concealed Pistol Licensing Review Board, Whitaker asks the justices to review two aspects of the appeals court’s dismissal.

On the merits, Whitaker argues that the D.C. regulation is unconstitutionally vague. The “propensity for violence or instability” standard, Whitaker says, “confers standardless discretion on the MPD to disqualify anyone [for a gun license] based on the agency’s subjective judgment.”

I agree, and the Court should, too.

https://www.scotusblog.com/2022/06/another-gun-case-waits-in-the-wings/

Wow!! Talk about institutional racism! The cops arrested and handcuffed this guy in front of his family because of a holster? Guns are just a disease

50 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Downtown Atlanta. 

Run by the lawless right? Interesting take. Wonder how many illegal guns Atlanta PD has proactively taken off the street in the last two years. 

The country has been flooded with them, ya. 

1 hour ago, Tiberius said:

Wow!! Talk about institutional racism!

The cops arrested and handcuffed this guy in front of his family because of a holster?

Guns are just a disease

Wow !

Illogical thinking on display.

It wasn't the gun's fault Tibsy.

Poorly written "Gun Control" laws are the disease.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Tiberius said:

When you have anti-democratic rule things get worse. 2/3 of our nation is ruled by a very hostile minority, so ya, things will get worse. Why, it’s almost like it’s a plan or something 

Exactly that's why this guy needs to be thrown out on his ear so we do agree on something .

But my take is - our nation has become soft to the point of what i call P***Y's when you have the marine corp giving out mood patches & parents that do discipline meaning giving a spanking to their kids if deserved afraid to do so because they feel if seen disciplining that someone will call the authorities & have their kids taken away because of that.

I have had friends that because someone called and made a accusation about the parents which was a lie HRS came & literally dragged the kids out and for over a month the parents couldn't have any contact with the kids and you will probably think i'm part of the barbaric folks running the country as you said but IMHO that dad had every right o walk up & punch that SOB right in the mouth or give him a ass whooping he would never forget .

Sure there are those that take discipline way to far & when that is done it is abuse but when a country can't raise it's youth with out fear of having them taken away that's bad .

Then you have the over sensitive that if you use words like gay, or ***** or what ever they turn inside out because they are so sensitive WTH ever happened to the sticks and stones saying or considering the source this country is turned into a bunch of marshmallows  !!! 

For gods sake when you read a bible verse and someone considers that hate speech well kiss my round red ass if that aint soft i sure don't know what is !

So to your point of this country being run by very hostile minority i beg to differ the whimps have taken over and if you have a strong opinion on anything at all these over sensitive whimps will cry until they get there way & they were probably the ones that mommy & daddy never busted their asses when they were little & only took away a toy .

If a lot more parents would discipline their kids i think it would be a lot more respectful place & just because you have a disagreement people wouldn't be pulling out guns and shooting first because they didn't get their way or someone didn't agree with them but that's just me right ...

Even this place has changed some of my text because they consider it to harsh for the more sensitive folks reading this even when trying to put it in a explanation type sentence ...

And again you are correct they want a world with no rules or laws only what they want in their own personal opinions to matter and nothing else .

Edited by T master

23 minutes ago, T master said:

Exactly that's why this guy needs to be thrown out on his ear so we do agree on something .

But my take is - our nation has become soft to the point of what i call P***Y's when you have the marine corp giving out mood patches & parents that do discipline meaning giving a spanking to their kids if deserved afraid to do so because they feel if seen disciplining that someone will call the authorities & have their kids taken away because of that.

I have had friends that because someone called and made a accusation about the parents which was a lie HRS came & literally dragged the kids out and for over a month the parents couldn't have any contact with the kids and you will probably think i'm part of the barbaric folks running the country as you said but IMHO that dad had every right o walk up & punch that SOB right in the mouth or give him a ass whooping he would never forget .

Sure there are those that take discipline way to far & when that is done it is abuse but when a country can't raise it's youth with out fear of having them taken away that's bad .

Then you have the over sensitive that if you use words like gay, or ***** or what ever they turn inside out because they are so sensitive WTH ever happened to the sticks and stones saying or considering the source this country is turned into a bunch of marshmallows  !!! 

For gods sake when you read a bible verse and someone considers that hate speech well kiss my round red ass if that aint soft i sure don't know what is !

So to your point of this country being run by very hostile minority i beg to differ the whimps have taken over and if you have a strong opinion on anything at all these over sensitive whimps will cry until they get there way & they were probably the ones that mommy & daddy never busted their asses when they were little & only took away a toy .

If a lot more parents would discipline their kids i think it would be a lot more respectful place & just because you have a disagreement people wouldn't be pulling out guns and shooting first because they didn't get their way or someone didn't agree with them but that's just me right ...

Even this place has changed some of my text because they consider it to harsh for the more sensitive folks reading this even when trying to put it in a explanation type sentence ...

And again you are correct they want a world with no rules or laws only what they want in their own personal opinions to matter and nothing else .

What guy? Biden? 

Biden is a 10,000% improvement over the trash he replaced 

44 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

What guy? Biden? 

Biden is a 10,000% improvement over the trash he replaced 

You bring a entirely new meaning to open mouth & insert foot !! 

I'm blown away on how you or anyone can look at everything that has transpired up to now compared to what it was 2 short years ago & think in any way shape or form that 1 thing is better let alone 10,000 times better that just shows me your 10,000 time more ignorant than i thought .

Hey if it is so good send me your credit card info i will start charging all of the prices that are over & above what they were to you seeing as you love it so much .  

More illegal immigrants, higher inflation, higher gas prices, higher grocery prices, name 1 thing that has gotten better i will agree we don't have to listen to Trump run his pie hole which i dig but as far as the over all of the country it is 10,000 times worse gas is now over $6.00 a gallon on average in Calli .

Please Please just let me know exactly what is better today not some BS question or some stupid ass clip of Trump shaking his hands or what ever other ignorant freakin thing you can come up with just a simple explanation that's it !! 

Just like this gal does !! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQIL7bJ51mk

21 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Wow!! Talk about institutional racism! The cops arrested and handcuffed this guy in front of his family because of a holster? Guns are just a disease

The country has been flooded with them, ya. 

Wow talk about a cop that at every stop takes the chance of getting shot & not going home to his family taking the precaution of being safe until he determines what exactly is happening which any one with common sense would think .

But you take it as promoting institutional racism which is part of the problem ! If this story was a white guy you wouldn't say a word & there are probably stories just like this that happen but because those stories may involve whites they are never reported on because it just doesn't fit the narrative .

Why don't you go out & get paid $30k a yr and see what it's like to not know when ever you stop some one especially if they are in a altercation with another person in todays cop hating world & do the job those men & women do to keep you & me safe for a year then come back & tell me about it .

I being a family member of a person that is a police officer & have seen first hand the disrespect he & his fellow officers have to put up with daily & he being shot & had others pull weapons on them while at work and threaten them & their families will stand on the side of their & everyone else safety .

If that means putting someone in cuffs for a while to first determine the situation rather than consider that racism i will file that under common sense but seeing as you never use that your response does;t surprise me in the least so keep inflaming the situation .

Now with that being said after a review i think the man should have gotten his carry permit reinstated & his gun back seeing as he was following the law by having it locked up given the circumstances of how the insolent got started . But i do know the gov't is using marajiuana as a excuse total peoples guns .

Just now, T master said:

Wow talk about a cop that at every stop takes the chance of getting shot & not going home to his family taking the precaution of being safe until he determines what exactly is happening which any one with common sense would think . 

Good point! These cops are terrified of guns. No doubt, when you flood the country with murder weapons the cops feel they might get shot. Look at the cops in the Texas school shooting, they just let the kids get murdered, they were not going to get hurt! 

13 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Good point! These cops are terrified of guns. No doubt, when you flood the country with murder weapons the cops feel they might get shot. Look at the cops in the Texas school shooting, they just let the kids get murdered, they were not going to get hurt! 

That's because they did not in any way do their jobs & all that stood in wait should be fired immediately cops with the trains of a active shooter are taught to run toward the shooter & stop them at all cost to save lives even if it means losing theirs especially where children are involved .

After that the person in my family which is ex military said that any & all training that they had is to immediately go toward the gun fire & stop the perp especially in a instance with children those cops in Uvalde were chicken s**ts & didn't do their jobs .

The feds that showed up after 45 minutes of 911 calls from a child inside did what they other cops should have done when they showed up on the scene so it wasn't that those cops were scared it was that they were people that should have never been allowed to be cops because they don't have what it takes to be a police officer .

And all should be held accountable for their lack of actions because there is no telling how many lives would have been saved if they would have done the job that they were hired to do & as the one cop said he had just finished active shooter training then blatantly disregard all he had learned .

Edited by T master

7 minutes ago, T master said:

That's because they did not in any way do their jobs & all that stood in wait should be fired immediately cops with the trains of a active shooter are taught to run toward the shooter & stop them at all cost to save lives even if it means losing theirs especially where children are involved .

After that the person in my family which is ex military said that any & all training that they had is to immediately go toward the gun fire & stop the perp especially in a instance with children those cops in Uvalde were chicken s**ts & didn't do their jobs .

The feds that showed up after 45 minutes of 911 calls from a child inside did what they other cops should have done when they showed up on the scene so it wasn't that those cops were scared it was that they were people that should have never been allowed to be cops because they don't have what it takes to be a police officer .

And all should be held accountable for their lack of actions because there is no telling how many lives would have been saved if they would have done the job that they were hired to do & as the one cop said he had just finished active shooter training then blatantly disregard all he had learned .

They were scared of getting hurt 

Just now, Tiberius said:

They were scared of getting hurt 

BS if that be the case they were less than men in that situation with children knowing that children had been killed knowing that multiple 911 calls from inside the building had been made pleading for someone to come in a stop the shooter .

They were a bunch of p***ies and not worthy of being called police officers if you not willing to do the job then don't hire on just for a pension !

Any cop or ex military that i have talked to have said as much & said none of them deserved to wear the badge of a police office of which they served  ! 

I didn’t know that type of ‘mass shooting’ insurance even existed.  The idea of thinking like an insurance company though might be helpful in the general debate.

Similar to auto liability insurers, what concerns would a gun liability insurer have in agreeing to insure a gun owner (if that were a requirement)?  Many of the same considerations as the auto insurer I would guess.  

How old is the person?  They would likely have higher rates for the very young and the very old.  Past history with the legal system would affect rates.  Training and some proficiency testing should impact insurability and rates too.  Seems if you have to prove your vision is good enough to drive, proving you can see well enough to shoot a gun might be a consideration on insurability.  Anyway, I am sure there are others

Without getting into the weeds of whether actual gun insurance should be required, I think looking at the issue  from the perspective of an insurer can help highlight the areas possible legislation could focus on.  If an insurer would not cover a person or only have coverage for an individual at astronomical rates, our laws should force a more intense screening of those individuals too

Edited by Bob in Mich