What is better, no guns, or more guns?

Just now, TH3 said:

Thats right...they are connected - well done.

Yes, it doesn't say the right of the militia, it says the people.  I believe the constitution begins with "We the people" does it not?

Who do you think the people are?

WHO?!

31 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

Yes, it doesn't say the right of the militia, it says the people.  I believe the constitution begins with "We the people" does it not?

Who do you think the people are?

WHO?!

I get it that you are going to intepret a poorly written sentence they way you want. Bottom line is...The way America treats guns is by GOP interpetations and therefore laws right now. We have the most guns, the most gun deaths, we shred our school children while they sit in a classrooms...and its all the "acceptable" cost of our very liberal guns laws. 

1 hour ago, Irv said:

Are you in the candy ass club? 

Dude...I am sure I am more successful, more highly educated, have more money, have a better job, have more property, more cars, more friends,  and have a hotter wife than you could ever dream about. Now go take your gun into the bathroom have spank away with it....it will make you happy...

Edited by TH3

3 minutes ago, TH3 said:

I get it that you are going to intepret a poorly written sentence they way you want. Bottom line is...The way America treats guns is by GOP interpetations and therefore laws right now. We have the most guns, the most gun deaths, we shred our school children while they sit in a classrooms...and its all the "acceptable" cost of our very liberal guns laws. 

Dude...I am sure I am more successful, more hughly educated, have more money, have a better job, have more property, more cars, more friends,  and have a hotter wife that you could ever dream about. Now go take your gun into the bathroom have ***** with it....it will make you happy...

You are wrong. 100% totally wrong.

Also, I'm sure you are totally right, you probably have multiple doctorates in how to misconstrue clear text and make a ton of money being full of *****.

20 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

Yes, it doesn't say the right of the militia, it says the people.

I agree with you, but I'd argue that the only definition of 'militia' in US law found in the Militia Acts could likely be construed to include all law-abiding adults anyway.  The 'unorganized' class of militia includes all males of draft age,  but since you can't deny a Constitutional right on the basis of age or sex,  if that definition were applied to 2A,  it would probably have to include all adults,  with the exception of those falling under prohibitions for felonies,  mental illness, etc.   

https://uscode.house.gov/view.xhtml?path=/prelim@title10/subtitleA/part1/chapter12&edition=prelim

Then again,  there are about 30 states that would immediately add such a legal definition of 'militia' that includes all law-abiding adults,  anyway,  if this ever became an issue. 

Edited by Brandon
  • Like (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, TH3 said:

Dude...I am sure I am more successful, more highly educated, have more money, have a better job, have more property, more cars, more friends,  and have a hotter wife than you could ever dream about. Now go take your gun into the bathroom have spank away with it....it will make you happy...

Ok….I’m calling it! Show us pictures of your wife. 😉

• Like (+1) 2

Put your money where your mouth is. Donate a shitload of money to your local big city on the condition that it is used to arm their police department to the teeth and pay overtime for gun crime details where stop-and-frisk is utilized liberally and those found to be violating gun laws are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. 

Want to see gun violence drop? This plan has a track record of actually working. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, TH3 said:

So that's a yes.  Candy ass club.  

3 hours ago, TH3 said:

LOL....sure you do.

🤡

I take my gun with me everywhere I go. Does that make you more worried I am going to shoot someone without cause or do you think it's more likely I will defend myself and others with cause?

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, TH3 said:

I get it that you are going to intepret a poorly written sentence they way you want. Bottom line is...

It is not a poorly written sentence, it is clear and was agonized over for days. The rights to bear arms is extremely important if a citizenry is to retain it's independence. The fact that I those days it was while within the confines of a militia does not change the right. Only someone without any understanding of the war that had recently ended in out country and the society that Madison was dealing with would have an issue with the clearly worded meaning.

17 hours ago, Golden*Wheels said:

Looks like this will have repercussions for all the "may issue" states.

Much appreciated boys, from this CT resident.

Self defense classes wouldn't have really helped either unless the dude develops some situational awareness.

Kinda, but it could teach him how to get out of that choke hold.

I always pump my gas with my back to the car

• Like (+1) 1

What an incredible day.

One branch of the government entrenched the ability for all to carry guns, where ever, whenever.

Another says, but maybe not if you are a bad guy or mentally unstable, judged by the same guys who say you can

And yet another says no vaping with Juul because maybe, maybe it might harmful to your health.

Truly amazing. 

20 minutes ago, ALF said:

Is it legal to open carry a loaded long gun , AR15 in public in NYS ?

With few exceptions no, it is not legal to open carry any firearm in NYS.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, LeviF said:

With few exceptions no, it is not legal to open carry any firearm in NYS.

It gets confusing seeing video news from other states . It was uncomfortable for me at least to see open carry long guns outside the Republican Convention in 2016 , Cleveland when Trump was nominated. There were a lot of people with opposite views and guns visible.

'Open carry' gun law gives Cleveland a headache for Republican convention

Toy guns and sharp-tipped umbrellas are banned from the vicinity of the event where Donald Trump will be nominated. Rifles, shotguns and pistols are not

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/jul/14/open-carry-gun-law-cleveland-republican-convention

Edited by ALF

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

It gets confusing seeing video news from other states . It was uncomfortable for me at least to see open carry long guns outside the Republican Convention in 2016 , Cleveland when Trump was nominated. There were a lot of people with opposite views and guns visible.

I can tell you from experience that open carrying a long gun (outside of hunting) also feels kind of weird. And I'm a gun guy lol. 

Even in a state that allows open carry for citizens I would still just conceal carry. I don't think there's any benefit to displaying your firearm unless you also have some displayed authority (badge, uniform, etc.).

• Agree 3