What is better, no guns, or more guns?

4 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Now do vaccines.  

Covid vaccine would have never made it to market without liability protection because it was so new. Being high risk I was willing to accept the risk. There should be a fund to help anyone hurt by the vaccine. 

16 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Easy access to guns mean more gin deaths 

I believe you truly believe what you preach but I also think your odd obsession with the gun and not the reason for the murderer is inappropriate. My goal is to eliminate the murders, not the way they happen. The link below shows Norway and Switzerland have the lowest murder rates in Europe while having much more lax gun law that most European countries, and the ones with the most murders several have rather strict gun laws. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No. Let's leave them alone. Screw you guys 

This isn't the Ukraine and their fiery ordeal thread.   

Have we solved that yet btw?  Maybe we should ship them the type of guns we have here I'm told no one needs.   

19 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I believe you truly believe what you preach but I also think your odd obsession with the gun and not the reason for the murderer is inappropriate. My goal is to eliminate the murders, not the way they happen. The link below shows Norway and Switzerland have the lowest murder rates in Europe while having much more lax gun law that most European countries, and the ones with the most murders several have rather strict gun laws. 

I love how they think there are no guns in "Europe."  

1 minute ago, Big Blitz said:

This isn't the Ukraine and their fiery ordeal thread.   

Have we solved that yet btw?  Maybe we should ship them the type of guns we have here I'm told no one needs.   

Ukraine might have a million people in uniform by next month as the move to destroy the invaders, so ya, send the guns 

• Like (+1) 1

The Unspoken Wisdom of the Second Amendment

American Thinker, by Anthony Matoria

The Second Amendment is again being scrutinized as the recurrent gun control/gun rights debate heats up. Gun control advocates emphasize the words "well-regulated militia," and gun rights–supporters highlight "shall not be infringed." The significant meaning and philosophical foundation of the amendment, however, is found in a phrase that gets relatively little attention: "necessary to the security of a free State." A free state implies necessary restraints on the armed agencies of government that are vested with the authority to use force. These restraints lessen the risk that such entities will become agents of tyranny,

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/06/the_unspoken_wisdom_of_the_second_amendment.html

4 hours ago, ALF said:

Good article

Opinion: Here's the reason people tell me they want to buy an AR-15. And it's simply ludicrous
Opinion by Michael Fanone

Some members of the tinfoil hat brigade have come up with the reply, "We need these weapons because we want to be effective against the government if it becomes tyrannical. That's part of our Second Amendment right." Personally, I think that's ludicrous, but it has become an increasingly popular justification for purchasing a semi-automatic rifle.

What side would the US military be on ?

The bullet fired by the AR-15 is capable of defeating the average police officer's body armor, like a knife slicing through butter. SWAT teams and some of the more specialized units typically are equipped with level IV Kevlar or steel-plated armor, which would stop maybe two or three direct hits, but eventually body armor breaks down after being hit with multiple rounds.

A person wielding an AR-15 has a range beyond 300 yards. For an officer armed with a 9 mm pistol, hitting a target beyond 50 yards is going to be difficult, even for the most accomplished marksman.

The bullet that comes out of the barrel of an AR-15 style semi-automatic rifle can easily penetrate the target -- the intruder or whatever person you are using deadly force to defend yourself or others from.

But it also will go through the wall behind that person, and potentially through that room and into the next wall. That power and accuracy are useful for military purposes, which is obviously what they were designed for. But it's far more power than should ever be in the hands of the average civilian.

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/05/opinions/guns-ar-15-uvalde-school-shooting-fanone/index.html

LOL, bullsh*t 

The media and left (and many on the right) have zero clue about ballistics. None. 

I love to read how the AR round “explode” and “fragments” to cause the most damage and now it goes through the wall through another wall and another 🙄😂🤦🏻‍♂️

3 hours ago, Tiberius said:

All those innocent bystanders killed and wounded, but who cares, it was supposidly "gang" violence, so who cares? 

Wasn’t saying that. I’m saying the guns used were handled by gang members/drug dealers who likely got them illegally. 

No new gun control law would stop those people. 

15 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

No new gun control law would stop those people. 

Under this logic, there is no point to making any laws because bad people would ignore them. So let's just get rid of all laws then.

CBS News Poll claims 44% of Republicans accept mass shootings are ‘part of a free society’ using sneaky, biased questions 

Funny how you can word questions on a poll to get JUST the right answers for your narrative …

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/06/06/cbs-news-poll-claims-44-of-republicans-accept-mass-shootings-are-part-of-a-free-society-using-sneaky-biased-questions-check-this-out/

5 minutes ago, B-Man said:

CBS News Poll claims 44% of Republicans accept mass shootings are ‘part of a free society’ using sneaky, biased questions 

Funny how you can word questions on a poll to get JUST the right answers for your narrative …

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/06/06/cbs-news-poll-claims-44-of-republicans-accept-mass-shootings-are-part-of-a-free-society-using-sneaky-biased-questions-check-this-out/

It would be nice if the article actually showed all of the questions and crosstabs. Generally polls will ask respondents which party the identify with and that's how the pollsters do the party breakdown. I would expect CBS did the same here but, while the article shows some of the questions, it does not provide a link to all of them, so we cannot say for certain how CBS came to the partisan breakdown on the questions.

4 minutes ago, ChiGoose said:

Easily found for those who are truly interested.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1mLulXV9rXGLevVOI_XnHJBYsWd_CVqLq/view

But the important thing was to get these headlines which no one will read past.

Nearly half of Republicans think US has to live with mass shootings, poll finds

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2022/jun/06/us-mass-shootings-republicans-poll

Poll: 4 in 10 GOP Say 'We Have to Accept' Mass Shootings in ...

https://www.insider.com/poll-4-in-10-gop-accept-mass-shootings-free-society-2022-6

Nearly Half of GOP Accept Mass Shootings as 'Part of a Free ...

https://www.newsweek.com/nearly-half-gop-accept-mass-shootings-part-free-society-poll-1712960

• Agree 1

33 minutes ago, T&C said:

Another set of grandstanding, unconstitutional laws passed by the communist party in NY.  They trick the public into thinking this will only minimize the purchases of AR-15 and AK47 type guns.  They don't tell you about the Ruger 10-22, or Nylon 66 you first learned to shoot, or semi-auto deer rifle grandpa  handed down to his son and his son to his son.  Now we need two licenses?  One for pistols and one for your grandpa's .22.  This is a ***** joke. 

Meanwhile the losers in the hood, released without posting bail, keep whacking out each other and shooting little kids over drugs.    

Edited by Irv
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, muppy said:

a comment from Rochester NY.  I wonder if such a thing is even possible.........

ukraine.jpg

Not a good idea as it will probably result in dead Ukranians. An AR-15 is not an M-16 (of which I was a certified Marksman in the USMC) even though they look like they are.  AR-15s heat up and jam up.  That's why the Las Vegas shooter had 14 of 'em.  Once one jammed he could go to the next one.  The Parkland, Columbine, New Zealand, and San Diego Synagogue shooters AR-15s all jammed.

From 2018:

So, this is the second time in recent memory that either a failure to feed or failure to eject malfunction put a stop to a mass shooting (the other notable one being the Parkland Mass Murder). In this case, a heroic citizen managed to take advantage of the jam, ripping the rifle away from the murderer and setting him to flight, whereas in Parkland, the mass murderer dropped his weapon and blended into the escaping students after it malfunctioned.

https://medium.com/@jere.krischel/the-ar-15-jam-o-matic-edeb77545766

Edited by reddogblitz
  • Thank you (+1) 2