Waffle House: AR-15

San Bernardino: AR-15

Midland/Odessa: AR-15

Poway Synagogue: AR-15

Sutherland Springs: AR-15

Tree of Life Synagogue: AR-15

It's the guns.

guns.jpg

Strange... my AR's have never jumped out of my safe to hurt anyone. You're a fool if you think "it's the guns". 

VA Tech (32 dead): 9mm & .22LR pistols

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 hours ago, muppy said:

I absolutely Agree that not everything you read is true/truth. B ut it is clearly indicative of trains of thought at work within our country. This is a Hot Button issue. Rational thoughtful people on both sides are often short shrifted.  What I mean by that is I think Our more moderate rational voices are unheard above the NRA's din.  I am by no means an expert on Guns. I fear the power they can unleash on the innocent and the perp you need defending from equally. I'd as likely shoot myself as another person due to sheer incompetence as a gun owner. potentially my own.  I own it*

in any case I post here to spur discussion not as any expert.  My position does fall on the less of the assault weapons equals a safer USA I think Yes.

I really am not saying my opinion is more valid than a gun owners.   The allure of these weapons has wrought destruction in our country. To limit their availibility I think is logical.  *shrugs* Make their violence harder to obtain, even the ammo. BRILLIANT........who is listening???

Id even go along with other rational thoughtful practical ideas  as a measure of whats best for the public good. But  even that noone can fully agree what that means. It's FRUSTRATING

hope that answered your question its my best reply. m

just curious. i appreciate the honesty of saying you dont know alot and are simply trying to spark discussion. its rare that someone says that and i think if more people did instead of acting as if they had the one true answer anyone who disagree are idiots then we might actually realize there is alot of common ground being overshadowed by ego. it might actually lead to consensus, image that. 

just for any further discussion assault weopon is a term i think is intentionally vague. it has a large amount of interpretations. some think its weapons with selectable auto capabilities (already illegal). other then that it seems a list of diff features that can be obtained on many types such as pistol grip? i have that on my shotgun. ect ect. so our gov, who control the largest array of weapons on the planet to make clear what they want to make illegal. a assault weapon is a ar-15 today, by the way that is just a rifle that can be altered like most rifles, there's nothing special going on that makes it "assault ready". tomorrow its a pistol, next week it can be a shotgun. its a pretty good start to make terms ambiguous in this way to get major pushback from those who see the gov as just trying to impose on ones rights and make people less resistant to authoritarian control. nothing says trust me like saying to i want to ban something no one is  even sure of the meaning of and can cover almost anything.

Edited by Buffarukus
  • Thank you (+1) 2

22 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Strange... my AR's have never jumped out of my safe to hurt anyone. You're a fool if you think "it's the guns". 

VA Tech (32 dead): 9mm & .22LR pistols

Im sorry but I think calling someone a fool is harsh you can't speak with 1000%  certainty that less available assault weapons WOULDN'T save lives. Lets just remain status quo and see what happens........the existing laws are working sooo well.....Sarcasm indeed*

Props for safe gun storage. Its the people who shoot the guns but it is a weapon with an intentded purpose and it is to KILL. Thats just my opinion. If it has other uses that would be fascniating to me......

Edited by muppy
  • Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

Posted 6 minutes ago (edited)

3 hours ago, muppy said:

I absolutely Agree that not everything you read is true/truth. B ut it is clearly indicative of trains of thought at work within our country. This is a Hot Button issue. Rational thoughtful people on both sides are often short shrifted.  What I mean by that is I think Our more moderate rational voices are unheard above the NRA's din.  I am by no means an expert on Guns. I fear the power they can unleash on the innocent and the perp you need defending from equally. I'd as likely shoot myself as another person due to sheer incompetence as a gun owner. potentially my own.  I own it*

in any case I post here to spur discussion not as any expert.  My position does fall on the less of the assault weapons equals a safer USA I think Yes.

I really am not saying my opinion is more valid than a gun owners.   The allure of these weapons has wrought destruction in our country. To limit their availibility I think is logical.  *shrugs* Make their violence harder to obtain, even the ammo. BRILLIANT........who is listening???

Id even go along with other rational thoughtful practical ideas  as a measure of whats best for the public good. But  even that noone can fully agree what that means. It's FRUSTRATING

hope that answered your question its my best reply. m

Expand  

just curious. i appreciate the honesty of saying you dont know alot and are simply trying to spark discussion. its rare that someone says that and i think if more people did instead of acting as if they had the one true answer anyone who disagree are idiots then we might actually realize there is alot of common ground being overshadowed by ego. it might actually lead to consensus, image that. 

just for any further discussion assault weopon is a term i think is intentionally vague. it has a large amount of interpretations. some think its weapons with selectable auto capabilities (already illegal). other then that it seems a list of diff features that can be obtained on many types such as pistol grip? i have that on my shotgun. ect ect. so our gov, who control the largest array of weapons on the planet to make clear what they want to make illegal. a assault weapon is a ar-15 today, by the way that is just a rifle that can be altered like most rifles, there's nothing special going on that makes it "assault ready". tomorrow its a pistol, next week it can be a shotgun. its a pretty good start to make terms ambiguous in this way to get major pushback from those who see the gov as just trying to impose on ones rights and make people less resistant to authoritarian control. nothing says trust me like saying to i want to ban something no one is  even sure of the meaning of and can cover almost anything.

to the red Correctamundo I concur. as far as the intense details that such a discussion entails BRAVO Im all for Discussion and what this issue needs imo is someone thinking outside of the box with an innovative creative intelligent COMPROMISE. I dont see this issue being easy to solve....Clearly.......but the  consequences of adding more guns to the mix........dark web, the internet,  zealots breeding grounds, buy your AR-15 and get busy........hmmmmmm what could possibly go wrong......LOTS.

You make a lot of sense thank you for the convo. 

just curious. i appreciate the honesty of saying you dont know alot and are simply trying to spark discussion. its rare that someone says that and i think if more people did instead of acting as if they had the one true answer anyone who disagree are idiots then we might actually realize there is alot of common ground being overshadowed by ego. it might actually lead to consensus, image that. 

Edited by muppy

so much fear on both sides. Gun advocates are resolute that reform means they want ALL the guns, No compromise is needed or necessary.  Take away all guns **clutch those pearls gun owners*** @-@ that would never in a million years happen but the fear is so Strong.....I just dont buy that rhetoric at all.........

You want to talk about Fear yeah there is a lot of that rampant lately...the police afraid to breech the shooters space...no SWAT Teams nothing? Lot of good guns did that day......smh Im sure all those officers were packing fully loaded guns.  ...Im venting the whole situation SUCKS

Really...................Really............Bad.

5 minutes ago, muppy said:

Im sorry but I think calling someone a fool is harsh you can't speak with 1000%  certainty that less available assault weapons WOULDN'T save lives. Lets just remain status quo and see what happens........the existing laws are working sooo well.....Sarcasm indeed*

Props for safe gun storage. Its the people who shoot the guns but it is a weapon with an intentded purpose and it is to KILL. Thats just my opinion. If it has other uses that would be fascniating to me......

I wasn't meaning I think you're a fool. Just explaining, mass shootings happen with all types of firearms. Handguns, being the WIDELY most popular. In fact, only around 400-450 deaths are from rifles (AR included) in all gun deaths... not just 'mass shootings'. They stuck out because the media and left will shove it in your face. Did you hear ANYTHING about the shooting that hit 9 people in Chicago on May 22nd? No. Why? A Glock was used (handgun). Not an AR platform rifle. 

We need to put a law in place that people must secure their firearms when they are not at home or vehicle, in a safe. MAKE gun owners HAVE to report one lost or stolen (why this doesn't happen every time is mind blowing to me). I'd not have an issue with 18-to-21 year old's having to complete a further background check than the Form 4473 we all do. Maybe apply them to AR platforms, AK platforms, etc. Actual wait time. 

I've shot the AR platform all my life (I say platform because you can have one in everything from a 9mm to .22LR to 12 gauge. I have a few in 5.56 and two in 300 AAC Blackout). I've completed around the country with the AR (Sport shooting). I also hunt with my 300 Blackout AR... it's a PEFECT hog and deer gun. In fact, it's a must for hog. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, billsfan_34 said:

Better more robust background checks keeping them out of the hands of folks with paychosis/psychotic disorders/illness.

“It” also stops people from invading us. I am pro gun but im also pro intensive background checks.

Rolls eyes but it is true- take from someone thats been in the ***** numerous times. Im sure you may have to run behind someone thats ready. 

5 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Not in 2022, total myth.  There are no zombie hordes amassed at the gates.  There are no malevolent foreign powers discussing whether the per-household gun statistics are dropping enough to make an invasion effective.  

Well then it is obvious you have never been in intel briefings- total naive and uneducated statement- stick to football. Countries do not want to invade us because it would be a blood bath of epic poportions. China does not care about “census” they understand our basic fundamentals of our constitution.

Everything about this is an embarrassment - from the mask theater - the cover to do what they always wanted to do ....take all the guns.  What exactly did law abiding Canadians do to warrant this?  Joke.  

And borders don't stop leftism.  They are of the same ilk here.  

Makes no sense.  

You're super safe already in Canada because you can't buy the "scary" guns anyway.

Why they coming for hand guns they say they don't want to ban?  

• Agree 1

41 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Everything about this is an embarrassment - from the mask theater - the cover to do what they always wanted to do ....take all the guns.  What exactly did law abiding Canadians do to warrant this?  Joke.  

And borders don't stop leftism.  They are of the same ilk here.  

Makes no sense.  

You're super safe already in Canada because you can't buy the "scary" guns anyway.

Why they coming for hand guns they say they don't want to ban?  

Dude is a commie. Maybe some

of the people here should move there. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Did you hear ANYTHING about the shooting that hit 9 people in Chicago on May 22nd? No. Why? A Glock was used (handgun). Not an AR platform rifle. 

We need to put a law in place that people must secure their firearms when they are not at home or vehicle, in a safe. MAKE gun owners HAVE to report one lost or stolen (why this doesn't happen every time is mind blowing to me). I'd not have an issue with 18-to-21 year old's having to complete a further background check than the Form 4473 we all do. Maybe apply them to AR platforms, AK platforms, etc. Actual wait time. 

i agree with this. responsable gun owners have to stop giving cover to irresponsible ones because they are just as much a problem as the criminals who get them illegally. im tired of hearing the story of the kid who opened the bottom drawer in dads bedroom to play with the loaded gun as much as the drive by shooting that killed children. i think its time if you buy a guun you better be buying some security measure, lock, safe, whatever along with it as a mandatory along with a signature that states you as the owner a legally responsible for what happens with it. if you have kids/ shady roommate ect you better be prepared to take gun security extremely seriously or not at all. i think that's a good compromise that will not affect the responsible owners and make people think twice if they are willing to take the great responsability that comes with gun ownership..because thats what it is.

but on the flipside if you are asking, yet again, for law abiding citizens to bare the blame of the psychopaths that roam this country then its about time those pointing the finger also accept it. you got these DAs reducing charges. letting people who carry around guns just walk out a revolving door some to immediately carry and kill. turn felonies to misdemeanors so background checks are meaningless. at what point do these soft a$$ progressives look at how they have impacted the murder rate and gun violence. bring back stop and frisk and shutup about rights because you are clearly stating rights are less important then curbing this epidemic. so push gun charges as high as they can go and lets see if they want to fix the problem they swear they care about or this is just another pile of hipocracy they are shoveling at the feet of people who do nothing wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Big Blitz said:

This is who they are.

They will take every single gun they won't need a bill.  

Just a SCOTUS full of Trudeaus. 

You lie like other people eat Doritos.  

In response to me saying nobody in this thread is demanding a handgun ban, you post a blurb about Canada.

You’re a professional liar with terrible football takes to boot.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

1 hour ago, Coach Tuesday said:

In response to me saying nobody in this thread is demanding a handgun ban, you post a blurb about Canada.

You really are clueless.

A "blurb."

I'm sorry, can you explain to us what that "blurb" was?   

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

You lie like other people eat Doritos.  

You’re a professional liar with terrible football takes to boot.

LOL, just a little blurb about capping the number of handguns in Canada. No biggie. 

Here's the thing... once you open that door to "banning" a weapon type, the door is now propped open. It wouldn't take much for some nut (like a Beto-type) to ban handguns for some reason like "most used in gun deaths in America, so we are stopping all sales". 

3 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

LOL, just a little blurb about capping the number of handguns in Canada. No biggie. 

Here's the thing... once you open that door to "banning" a weapon type, the door is now propped open. It wouldn't take much for some nut (like a Beto-type) to ban handguns for some reason like "most used in gun deaths in America, so we are stopping all sales". 

The nut job is you for wanting to arm every teacher in America with a gun.

More guns <> less death and violence

7 minutes ago, BillStime said:

The nut job is you for wanting to arm every teacher in America with a gun.

More guns <> less death and violence

Another statement by our resident moron, that I never said. 

Let me say this, (even though you'll ignore me and pretend I still think we should send $500,000 mini guns to each teacher, since apparently your humor is on par with Sheldon Cooper): I'm for arming a volunteer staff of people at schools... teachers, administrators, front office workers, etc. Training goes along with that volunteering. 

15 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Another statement by our resident moron, that I never said

Let me say this, (even though you'll ignore me and pretend I still think we should send $500,000 mini guns to each teacher, since apparently your humor is on par with Sheldon Cooper): I'm for arming a volunteer staff of people at schools... teachers, administrators, front office workers, etc. Training goes along with that volunteering. 

Don't you just love when your words constantly haunt you?

WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU INFERRING WITH THESE COMMENTS?

On 5/27/2022 at 1:40 PM, ArdmoreRyno said:

Texas teachers CAN carry but it’s up to each district. Ones who have, there’s never been a school shooting. Not in over 20 years. Seems like a damn good deterrent. 

Google “armed teacher” signs. 

On 5/27/2022 at 12:06 PM, ArdmoreRyno said:

Now how many armed teachers/staff at schools in the USA have had a school shooting? 

Seems pretty black and white. Case closed, not matter what the anti-gun people think. A 100% effective result. 

On 5/27/2022 at 12:59 PM, ArdmoreRyno said:

So let’s find proven solutions now. One this is, armed teachers and staff. It’s 100% effective. 

On 5/28/2022 at 3:46 PM, ArdmoreRyno said:

Studies showed, it did NOTHING to stop school shootings. You know what has? Teachers with firearms. 

On 5/27/2022 at 11:10 AM, ArdmoreRyno said:

The only 100% PROVEN effective measure? Arming teachers and/or staff and administrators. 

WHO IS THE RESIDENT MORON?

F'n idiots

Let me point-by-point list what I think is a good compromise to the gun debate involving schools (and 18 year old's buying firearms). This is unlike what you'll get from the unrealistic anti-gun idiots on here who just want to ban a firearm type:

• Harden every school, every level (K-12). That would include, cameras covering entry and exit points. Automatic lock doors, requiring being "buzzed in" after the front office/admin recognizing that person requesting entry. ONE entry point, ONE exit point. Of course, there are many schools that do require two. At the school I'm at, we have a front door into the lobby and a backdoor into the lobby, that goes to the cafeteria. The back exit door also is covered by cameras and you have to be buzzed in. In addition, we have cameras all over our school... both outside and inside. Camera's covering the parking lot, and one on every corner of the building(s). Each room needs to be locked. When people yell "We can't afford that!". I'm at an Oklahoma HS. The budget for education here is as low as any state. It CAN be done. 
  • Arm teachers, staff and administrators. Let me clarify so people don't get the idea we FORCE any teacher to do this: This is voluntary only. With this, it's either conceal carry or in an attached "quick access" safe (biometric safe, which is not expensive) that is attached to the desk. No reason any student, parent, etc. would know who these people who have the CCW. This would require training and semi-annual training assisted by local LEO. Post signs, like many have in some states, that "This school may have armed teachers and staff" right out front. 
  • Keep the current laws for age requirements, but add additional, in-depth backgrounds, in regards to semi-automatic rifles for under 21-year old's. We already have an age requirement of 21 for handguns. There is no need to change that. If someone under the age of 21 wants to buy a M1 Garand, Ruger 10/22, AR-15, etc., they have to complete a longer background check. That would include juvenile delinquency backgrounds, school history backgrounds (this takes MINUTES to do at a school, in regards to discipline... teachers and staff usually know if a kid has made threats before). Social media search. Mental health search (most states have a database on mental health involvement for youth). 
  • Require gun-owners to have their firearms in a safe when they are not at home or not in their vehicle. This includes gun shops and pawn shops. HUGE pain, but probably needs to be done. Have them all placed in a "magazine" which is what you have to do for explosives. This is the try and prevent the problem of stolen firearms. We have had too many guns stolen out of homes, cares and gun/pawn shops. There is really no reason to not have your firearm locked up when you're not close to it. Failure to do so would be harsh. 
  • Require immediate reporting of any stolen or lost firearm to LEO.  Why this isn't already a law in every state and why someone who has their firearm stolen as soon as they know, it's mindboggling. If someone broken into my home and stole anything, let alone a firearm... I'm calling LEO as soon as I can. Failure to do so would be harsh. 

I've said this MANY times. We have 400,000,000+ firearms in the country. The cats out of the bag, no matter if you are pro or anti-gun. You will never take those out of the public's hand unless they are caught doing something illegal with it. We have a 2A. Only country (as far as I know) who has this establish and stamped into our rights in the United States. That's not going away. 

23 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Don't you just love when your words constantly haunt you?

WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU INFERRING WITH THESE COMMENTS?

WHO IS THE RESIDENT MORON?

F'n idiots

I'm afraid YOU are dude. Embarrassing really. 

I'm for arming teachers, staff, etc. at the schools. I didn't say you FORCE any teacher to do so. You have conscientious objectors in the US military. You can have the same in school. 

Dude, are you this slow? IQ under 80? Seriously? You don't get sarcasm (my M134 comment) and you read something and add 50 additional things into that one statement. 

Edited by ArdmoreRyno