What is better, no guns, or more guns?

12 minutes ago, BillStime said:

So ladies and gentleman - according this Mr NRA - the United States is the ONLY country on the planet that has social media, breakdown of the nuclear family, and has access to violent video games and movies… did you know that?

And this guys solution is to arm our teachers with this:

JFC 

Notice it’s never about easy access to guns?

I’m apparently a member of the NRA. Didn’t know that. Keep calling me that. 

You’re the resident fan of Putin and Russian involvement in Ukraine. 

And I actually think each front door should have a Ma Deuce. Those are great weapon systems. Been around for almost 100 years. Shot them a lot. 

1 minute ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I’m apparently a member of the NRA. Didn’t know that. Keep calling me that. 

You’re the resident fan of Putin and Russian involvement in Ukraine. 

And I actually think each front door should have a Ma Deuce. Those are great weapon systems. Been around for almost 100 years. Shot them a lot. 

Would you give up your AR-15 if you knew it would prevent the massacre of innocent people?

4 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Would you give up your AR-15 if you knew it would prevent the massacre of innocent people?

Would you give up your car if you knew it would like prevent you, a loved one or another from dying in a car accident someday?

6 minutes ago, BillStime said:

I will address any one of your questions as soon as you stop deflecting with my initial question.

go

I’m not giving up any of my firearms. They are locked away in my gun safe and have never hurt anyone. You’ll find 99.9% of owners would say the same. 

Now answer mine. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

I’m not giving up any of my firearms. They are locked away in my gun safe and have never hurt anyone. You’ll find 99.9% of owners would say the same. 

Now answer mine. 

There you go ladies and gentleman - this guy is so incredibly selfish his gun is more important than the endless massacre of innocent people.

1) I would give up my car in a heartbeat if I knew it would prevent a loved one from getting killed. 

2) Regarding Putin - your master doesn’t have the right to invade a sovereign country and massacre people.

But then again I am not surprised a Trumphole is okay with Putin destroying its neighbor and killing innocent people. It is exactly what you want to happen here.

Guns over People - it’s the Republican way.

sick

• Haha (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, BillStime said:

There you go ladies and gentleman - this guy is so incredibly selfish his gun is more important than the endless massacre of innocent people.

1) I would give up my car in a heartbeat if I knew it would prevent a loved one from getting killed. 

2) Regarding Putin - your master doesn’t have the right to invade a sovereign country and massacre people.

But then again I am not surprised a Trumphole is okay with Putin destroying its neighbor and killing innocent people. It is exactly what you want to happen here.

Guns over People - it’s the Republican way.

sick

YOU are the Putin lover. 

And you’re an idiot beta troll. 

5 hours ago, BillStime said:

No - you only approve because it IS Xi DeSantis lmao

Every accusation is a confession.

4 hours ago, Chef Jim said:

I have no clue but I assume you’ll tell me. 😁

In Florida armed security will kill you and if not you will be prosecuted. In California it appears neither of these is true 

• Eyeroll 1

BUT THERE IS AN EPIDEMIC OF FEAR. 

There Is No Epidemic of School Shootings. 

The media and the White House’s fearmonger-in-chief are spouting deceptive numbers to scare people into believe that mass school shootings are commonplace in America. They’re not.

The odds of a child dying in a mass school shooting are about the same as the odds of being struck by lightning or dying in an earthquake.

Such numbers, of course, are no consolation to the grieving families in Texas, but neither is the frenzy to manipulate these tragedies for ratings and political gain.

https://www.city-journal.org/school-shootings-horrific-but-statistically-rare

4 hours ago, aristocrat said:

well school shootings are so very rare so arming them doesn’t really have any hard evidence. 130k schools in the country you have maybe 1 of these a year.  

the Texas shooing was in the 60s. There have been all sorts of mass shootings going back to the 1700s. Look it up. It’s not a modern problem. 

again. Cut out the supply chain of illegal weapons. Raise the age to 21. Psych evals. If that leads to less shootings that’s a good thing. We need to stop the issue from the source and not accept that some kids will die until a teacher cops or sro gets there. Stop the kid from getting the gun

Yes, thank you! I was just about to make this same point. All sorts of spurious statistical arguments can be made from insufficient amounts of data.

And yes, the concept of some random bespectacled Good Samaritan educator saving the day with a Wyatt Earp-esque fast draw and steady hand is BEYOND absurd. While I’m not at all a gun maven, let’s just take the case of the Buffalo Tops shooting…long story short…I made the HORRIBLE mistake of watching the full 6-minute video recording. My main takeaway here was that prevention of much of the carnage was always going to be completely unrealistic, regardless of the firearm skills of any passers-by. Payton Gendron, equipped with military-style weaponry and decked out in military-style body armor, murdered the first four people outside the front entrance within about five seconds after opening his car door!

You also mentioned psychological evaluations as an important component of gun regulations. Well…sure enough, we have come to learn that both Payton Gendron and Salvador Ramos had a despicable history of cat torture. Animal torture is obvious criminal behavior and should have been flagged by someone beforehand for the law enforcement agencies! It’s classic behavior for clinical sociopaths, who are exactly the types of people capable of carrying out mass shootings.

So if we’re serious about preventing mass shootings, then we need to work as a society on the identification and management of sociopaths as much as we work on more sensible gun laws. This would have to mean expanded mental health counseling programs under the rubric of a universal health care system.

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, Tiberius said:

You just want them to be unrelated so you can be moralistic about abortion and not about the leading cause of death of children, guns. 

You just don't want light shined on the GOP's hypocrisy 

Who said anything about abortion? You’re either an idiot, completely demented, or some combination in between. Don’t really care to find out. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Who said anything about abortion? You’re either an idiot, completely demented, or some combination in between. Don’t really care to find out. 

You must need here. IMO it is mainly the first, with a large dose of the second. But stick around and you can make your own diagnosis.