What is better, no guns, or more guns?

9 hours ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Childish responses? Arm volunteers at schools, mostly front office workers. 

do you understand how ridiculous this is? The problem is so bad we all have to carry guns. Step back and think about that

• Like (+1) 1

ANN ALTHOUSE ON THE UVALDE DEBACLE: 

“If the police don’t arrive and save us from violence, how can this event support the argument for restricting guns?

This is the very situation that makes the most responsible people want to own guns.

It reminds me of the summer of 2020, when there were riots, and the police stood down.”

https://althouse.blogspot.com/2022/05/when-specially-equipped-federal.html

1 hour ago, aristocrat said:

do you understand how ridiculous this is? The problem is so bad we all have to carry guns. Step back and think about that

Not we all have to carry guns, but we don't know who is carrying. I believe you knew that but if clarification helps you see how it works I am glad to be at service. I will ask this question of you, I live a few miles from  billionaires and they have never had ANY armed robberies in their neighborhood- why is that? Neighborhood is called Isleworth, if you want to look it up.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Not we all have to carry guns, but we don't know who is carrying. I believe you knew that but if clarification helps you see how it works I am glad to be at service. I will ask this question of you, I live a few miles from  billionaires and they have never had ANY armed robberies in their neighborhood- why is that? Neighborhood is called Isleworth, if you want to look it up.

We live in our RV. Travel around the country with the kids enjoying retirement.  We have a 4 and 5 year old. Oldest starts school in the fall. I have two guns but mainly just for wild animals as we often go off grid and just a bear gets hungry.  My issue is not people having weapons for hunting and protection its that the conversation needs to be stopping criminals from getting them.  Mental illness and age seems to be a big problem. We can't stop all of them but we can be better about this we're too smart not to be. 

All I hear is bad guy with a gun the criminals will get them any way they can!  Well why don't we ask how the criminals are getting them and close that door?  Or at least close it as best we can?  Maybe instead of the 240 mass shootings we've had this year alone we knock it down to 100?  Is that better?  It's not perfect but it's better. We can't have SEAL teams protecting all the schools it's just insane. This kid knew these schools had cops at them as he spent time in them up until last year and didn't care. He knew the cops were outside in the hallways and hid in closet until they came in and fired at them almost killing one guy who got grazed in the scalp.  This kid was no coward he had more balls than most of these shooters as he was willing to not only go to a place with security he was willing to fight the dozens of cops he knew were outside. That's ***** scary. He didn't just kill himself the second he faced resistance like most of the shooters do he wanted to go out blazing. 

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Well the billionaires in Beverly Hills are getting robbed.  Like when they asked one of Attica’s most famous residents Willie Sutton why he robbed banks. He said “it because that’s where the money is. 

1 minute ago, BillStime said:

Can you imagine using your children as political props and being proud of it? I guess if thinking logically is not within your abilities this is the best you can do.

39 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

Well the billionaires in Beverly Hills are getting robbed.  Like when they asked one of Attica’s most famous residents Willie Sutton why he robbed banks. He said “it because that’s where the money is. 

So what is different between here and there? 

6 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Can you imagine using your children as political props and being proud of it? I guess if thinking logically is not within your abilities this is the best you can do.

Can you imagine?

DX7S7H4KT5A27J4AH3DA6UHAQE.jpg

lol - thinking logically? lol - do you even think? Lolz

idiots

53 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

We live in our RV. Travel around the country with the kids enjoying retirement.  We have a 4 and 5 year old. Oldest starts school in the fall. I have two guns but mainly just for wild animals as we often go off grid and just a bear gets hungry.  My issue is not people having weapons for hunting and protection its that the conversation needs to be stopping criminals from getting them.  Mental illness and age seems to be a big problem. We can't stop all of them but we can be better about this we're too smart not to be. 

All I hear is bad guy with a gun the criminals will get them any way they can!  Well why don't we ask how the criminals are getting them and close that door?  Or at least close it as best we can?  Maybe instead of the 240 mass shootings we've had this year alone we knock it down to 100?  Is that better?  It's not perfect but it's better. We can't have SEAL teams protecting all the schools it's just insane. This kid knew these schools had cops at them as he spent time in them up until last year and didn't care. He knew the cops were outside in the hallways and hid in closet until they came in and fired at them almost killing one guy who got grazed in the scalp.  This kid was no coward he had more balls than most of these shooters as he was willing to not only go to a place with security he was willing to fight the dozens of cops he knew were outside. That's ***** scary. He didn't just kill himself the second he faced resistance like most of the shooters do he wanted to go out blazing. 

Class A RV?

11 hours ago, billsfanmiamioh said:

Linking together unrelated events to seemingly give more clout to your personally held political position. 

You just want them to be unrelated so you can be moralistic about abortion and not about the leading cause of death of children, guns. 

You just don't want light shined on the GOP's hypocrisy 

• Thank you (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Can you imagine?

DX7S7H4KT5A27J4AH3DA6UHAQE.jpg

lol - thinking logically? lol - do you even think? Lolz

idiots

Those kids are on a field trip to the state capitol. What is wrong with that? You don't think they should understand how government works because DeSantis is republican?

• Haha (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Those kids are on a field trip to the state capitol. What is wrong with that? You don't think they should understand how government works because DeSantis is republican?

Of course you would find a way to justify Xi DeSantis using props for don’t say gay.

Freakn hack 

3 hours ago, aristocrat said:

It’s the reality of the situation NO ONE WANTS TO ADMIT. We have a 2A, that’s not going away... we have 400 million firearms in the country, that’s not going away... we have the highest number of medicated people in the world. So let’s try to be proactive. 

Ive already linked an article showing 0 school shootings where teachers are armed over the past 20+ years. It works. 

29 minutes ago, BillStime said:

Of course you would find a way to justify Xi DeSantis using props for don’t say gay.

Freakn hack 

As I said you only object because it is DeSantis thank you for proving my point 

• Like (+1) 1