What is better, no guns, or more guns?

Here’s the truth of all this that no one will admit. 

Cats out of the bag. 

if that’s number of firearms in the country, our 2A, violent video games/movies or the problem of social media with the lack of actual connection our kids have... none of that will change. Ever. 

So let’s find proven solutions now. One this is, armed teachers and staff. It’s 100% effective. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 716er said:

Arming teachers and staff is not a proven solution.

It's an absurd idea.

How so? 

Simple question: HAS IT WORKED? Yes or no. 

None of the anti-gun people will face the “truth” I posted. 

4 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

Single point of entry

Many exits with auto-locking doors

Armed guards

Armed staff who choose to and take course and constant training

No more kids getting shot in school

100% the way to stop school shootings. As an educator and counselor who works at a school with much of what you listed... this is the only feasible solution. 

People thinking you raise the age or ban “AR’s” are just morons. Will never happen. SCOTUS already ruled on those very subjects. But keep harping that’s how you stop it 🙄

1 minute ago, Demongyz said:

Single point of entry

Armed guards

So then the gun nuts will find other outlets just like they do now. No place is safe.

Only country on this planet with this issue and the cult thinks more guns will make us safe. 

What a world you want to live in - sick

6 minutes ago, Demongyz said:

Single point of entry

Armed guards

I don't disagree.  The issue is that what you propose is VERY expensive.  People hate all over public schools as it is because they don't understand the amount of federally mandated expenditures.  What you just proposed is probably a million dollar yearly expenditure for a rural school district IF they have their physical security in shape.  Great idea if we're willing to pay for it.  

15 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

How so? 

Simple question: HAS IT WORKED? Yes or no. 

None of the anti-gun people will face the “truth” I posted. 

How do you know there were no armed school martials at Copp Elementary?

Last year Texas enacted a law that allows school faculty members to be designated as "armed school martials." These are teachers who take a training course and are then allowed to close carry on campus. Their identities are kept hidden. 

Just now, ArdmoreRyno said:

100% the way to stop school shootings. As an educator and counselor who works at a school with much of what you listed... this is the only feasible solution. 

People thinking you raise the age or ban “AR’s” are just morons. Will never happen. SCOTUS already ruled on those very subjects. But keep harping that’s how you stop it 🙄

SCOTUS????? lolz

They already ruled abortion twice! 

Another argument dead for our resident NRA gun nut.

3 minutes ago, LDD said:

I don't disagree.  The issue is that what you propose is VERY expensive.  People hate all over public schools as it is because they don't understand the amount of federally mandated expenditures.  What you just proposed is probably a million dollar yearly expenditure for a rural school district IF they have their physical security in shape.  Great idea if we're willing to pay for it.  

We’ve sent tens of billions to Ukraine. We can find money. My school is hardened. A SRO can simply be a local officer stationed there. We had one until 2 years ago... the Chickasaw Nation (Lighthorse PD) is volunteering officers to our schools next year. No cost to us or tax payers. 

I’m one of 3-5 veterans at the school. We’ve had this conversation and would volunteer in a heartbeat. 

There ARE ways. 

1 minute ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

We’ve sent tens of billions to Ukraine. We can find money. My school is hardened. A SRO can simply be a local officer stationed there. We had one until 2 years ago... the Chickasaw Nation (Lighthorse PD) is volunteering officers to our schools next year. No cost to us or tax payers. 

I’m one of 3-5 veterans at the school. We’ve had this conversation and would volunteer in a heartbeat. 

There ARE ways. 

And supermarkets, too? 

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, 716er said:

How do you know there were no armed school martials at Copp Elementary?

Last year Texas enacted a law that allows school faculty members to be designated as "armed school martials." These are teachers who take a training course and are then allowed to close carry on campus. Their identities are kept hidden. 

5 minutes ago, BillStime said:

SCOTUS????? lolz

They already ruled abortion twice! 

Another argument dead for our resident NRA gun nut.

Since I can’t find the block button I’ll answer the resident MORON. 

SCOTUS isn’t taking away abortion. Even if they rule on it again. They’d give it to the states. 

You’re really this stupid aren’t you??? 

BTW: I’ve never been a member of the NRA. 

Edited by ArdmoreRyno
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, LDD said:

It’s been reported no armed teachers at this school & there was no SRO there. 

Yes, Texas teachers CAN carry but it’s up to each district. Ones who have, there’s never been a school shooting. Not in over 20 years. Seems like a damn good deterrent. 

Google “armed teacher” signs. The Buffalo murderer even wrote... he assumed there would be no one carrying at the supermarket. 

In this case, deterrence can work. It’s proven. 

Just now, 716er said:

Hover curser over user name and click the big Ignore button.

Thanks! I’ll have to get on my laptop. 

Just now, 716er said:

Hover curser over user name and click the big Ignore button.

7 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

And supermarkets, too? 

you keep ignore facts. Why is that? 

1 minute ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

How can you trust a report at this point with the backtracking Texas officials have already done multiple times in regard to this shooting?

And again, in Texas armed school marshalls' identities are kept hidden by law. Not sure how those who reported "no armed teachers" (could you link to this? - I have not seen it) could have done so so quickly. 

32 minutes ago, LDD said:

This is true, very expensive.  I believe we just gave $40 Billion to Ukraine, perhaps that's the kind of funds we need.  Hell, if instead of donating to anti-gun and pro-gun causes we donated to make schools safe, that would probably pay for it too.  

This country spends so much money on crap that is completely useless or give money to so many countries it's a joke.  We should fund keeping out students safe, and fund mental healthcare and perhaps we can have a much safer country without having to give up our rights.

• Agree 1

20 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Yes, Texas teachers CAN carry but it’s up to each district. Ones who have, there’s never been a school shooting. Not in over 20 years. Seems like a damn good deterrent. 

Google “armed teacher” signs. The Buffalo murderer even wrote... he assumed there would be no one carrying at the supermarket. 

In this case, deterrence can work. It’s proven. 

Thanks! I’ll have to get on my laptop. 

you keep ignore facts. Why is that? 

It's too defensive to arm the whole society. We need to be proactive. Start draining the swamp of guns. We should have a peaceful society, not one where guns are the number one killers of our children. 

25 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

SCOTUS isn’t taking away abortion. Even if they rule on it again. They’d give it to the states. 

Sure it is. If you are a women living in. a state controlled by the ones that want to control women's bodies, the SCOTUS is taking away their rights. 

Pretty easy to understand 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

No - the moron is the one pointing to the SCOTUS thinking their right to bare any arm is safe while the SCOTUS is literally taking AWAY rights for the first time in its history.

And as soon as they knock down Roe - nearly every red state will ban abortion.

Because in typical hypocritical fashion the cult thinks banning abortion will work but gun laws do not.

Idiots 

Edited by BillStime