What is better, no guns, or more guns?

3 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

What do you expect?  America is in a constant state of war with one country or another somewhere on the planet.  Our society glorifies violence and killing.  The education system is dysfunctional and family and social order are breaking down.  Its the perfect breeding ground for psychos and misfits.  Violence is the one thing America is still good at doing.  Politicians can't agree on anything.  But spending money and sending arms and troops to blow up crap and killing lots of people?  That's something almost all of them can get behind.  Militarize police departments with combat weapons and tactics and they usually wait outside while the place gets shot up.  In this case one motivated border patrol agent passing by the scene decided to take charge and end it.  And there's some bewilderment that shootings occur across the country on a regular basis?  Its a wonder there aren't more of them.

Generally, the white liberal majority and the white conservative minority only care about these mass shootings for two reasons.  First, it can and might directly affect their family at some point assuming their kids attend public schools and not the usual heavily defended private schools.  And two, it impacts the issue of stricter gun ownership rules and controls.  But when it comes to most of those stats like people of color killing each other in the streets of the cities run by unqualified and ineffective mayors and other officials they could care less.  As long as their asses are safe everything is okay.  So after the obligatory "gun control" dance between the two camps with lots of moaning and groan, morning of the dead, and speeches along with some demonstrations and then its all back to "normal". 

It's like its part of their business model to have mass shootings. Can't deny its good for their bottom line 

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

It's like its part of their business model to have mass shootings. Can't deny its good for their bottom line 

It also tends to further bloat government budgets. Care to follow the same line of reasoning there?

6 minutes ago, LeviF said:

It also tends to further bloat government budgets. Care to follow the same line of reasoning there?

So you think allowing mass shooting benefits gun makers and dealers AND police departments etc.? Maybe there is a a reason its so easy for nut bags to get guns...profits! 

Why did Trump make it easier for the mentally ill to get guns when he rolled back Obama regulation? 

In 2017, Trump quietly rolled back an Obama-era regulation that made it harder for people with mental illness to buy guns.

Thanks “pro-life” Trump voters 

More Trump

ETTD

8 minutes ago, BillStime said:

🎯

Leftist: police are scared of AR-15s so we should ban them!

Also leftist: the police will surely go door to door to confiscate the millions of AR platform guns in this country.

5 minutes ago, LeviF said:

Leftist: police are scared of AR-15s so we should ban them!

Also leftist: the police will surely go door to door to confiscate the millions of AR platform guns in this country.

cult: kill everyone 

The only 100% PROVEN effective measure? Arming teachers and/or staff and administrators. 

Over the past 22 years... there has been ZERO school shootings where they are armed at a school. N-O-N-E. This was my #1 answer to the problem with school shootings. It won't address 'mass' shootings, but this is a good start. Don't give me the BS that it won't work. You're full of crap and just anti-firearms. 

https://www.newsweek.com/democrats-focus-gun-control-wont-solve-any-our-problems-opinion-1710222

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

The only 100% PROVEN effective measure? Arming teachers and/or staff and administrators. 

Over the past 22 years... there has been ZERO school shootings where they are armed at a school. N-O-N-E. This was my #1 answer to the problem with school shootings. It won't address 'mass' shootings, but this is a good start. Don't give me the BS that it won't work. You're full of crap and just anti-firearms. 

https://www.newsweek.com/democrats-focus-gun-control-wont-solve-any-our-problems-opinion-1710222

What about churches? 

Just now, Tiberius said:

What about churches? 

What about them? 

I've been talking about SCHOOL SHOOTINGS and finding answers to a problem that does take place. You want to pivot to something else? Churches? Gangs? Huh?

Just now, ArdmoreRyno said:

What about them? 

I've been talking about SCHOOL SHOOTINGS and finding answers to a problem that does take place. You want to pivot to something else? Churches? Gangs? Huh?

And supermarkets?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

And supermarkets?

No thoughts to the article? The idea of allowing armed staff members at schools? The fact there has NEVER been a school shooting at an armed school since 2000? 

Just ignore it because it f-ups your narrative. 

2 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

And supermarkets?

Don’t forget about concert venues - like in Las Vegas.

The gun cult solution: MORE GUNS - absolutely insane.

@ArdmoreRyno = die hard lNRA gun cult member.

🎯

Just now, ArdmoreRyno said:

No thoughts to the article? The idea of allowing armed staff members at schools? The fact there has NEVER been a school shooting at an armed school since 2000? 

Just ignore it because it f-ups your narrative. 

The good guy with a gun narrative is DEAD.

Idiots!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1

The Trouble With Do-Somethingism on Guns

by David Harsanyi

Before we even knew how the killer of 19 children and two adults at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, had obtained his guns, Sen. Chris Murphy was engaging in his customary performative emotionalism on the Senate floor, literally begging Republicans to “compromise.”     Compromise on what exactly?

Murphy has never once offered a single proposal that would have deterred any of these mass shooters. Literally minutes after his routine, Murphy was asked about the obvious mental illness prevalent among most of these shooters. “Spare me the bulls— about mental illness,” the Connecticut senator responded, “ripping” the GOP.

https://pjmedia.com/columns/davidhasanyi/2022/05/27/the-trouble-with-do-somethingism-on-guns-n1601317

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

FBI Reveals How Many Active Shooters Were Stopped by Citizens

https://www.dailysignal.com/2022/05/26/fbi-reveals-how-many-active-shooters-were-stopped-by-citizens/

Now how many armed teachers/staff at schools in the USA have had a school shooting? 

Seems pretty black and white. Case closed, not matter what the anti-gun people think. A 100% effective result. 

15 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

Now how many armed teachers/staff at schools in the USA have had a school shooting? 

Seems pretty black and white. Case closed, not matter what the anti-gun people think. A 100% effective result. 

Yeah - let’s buy whatever the author of “More Guns, Less Crime” has to say about gun control.

giphy.gif?cid=5e2148866vaajphujgak0v2t4b

13 minutes ago, ArdmoreRyno said:

The 16 billion dollar question which we all know is what happened since I was in school in the 60’s and 70’s?  The number of pick ups in the school student parking lot with gun racks in the back which were usually loaded and the vehicle unlocked? 

In my mind part of it is that kids today have become numb to violence.  I’d like to know how many of these school shooters spent endless hours playing video games where the goal was to kill as many people as possible.  It’s much deeper than that but I wouldn’t be surprised if it had a lot to do with it. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

The 16 billion dollar question which we all know is what happened since I was in school in the 60’s and 70’s?  The number of pick ups in the school student parking lot with gun racks in the back which were usually loaded and the vehicle unlocked? 

In my mind part of it is that kids today have become numb to violence.  I’d like to know how many of these school shooters spent endless hours playing video games where the goal was to kill as many people as possible.  It’s much deeper than that but I wouldn’t be surprised if it had a lot to do with it. 

Combine it with unrestricted access to the internet and it creates a dangerous combination. 

• Agree 1