What is better, no guns, or more guns?

lol one of the murderers responsible for Waco is gonna head the ATF.  Can't make this ***** up.

AND he ***** lied about it on Reddit of all the goddamn places.

Using reddit should be a disqualifier for any appointed or elected government position in the Union.

• Agree 1

5 hours ago, LeviF91 said:

lol one of the murderers responsible for Waco is gonna head the ATF.  Can't make this ***** up.

AND he ***** lied about it on Reddit of all the goddamn places.

Using reddit should be a disqualifier for any appointed or elected government position in the Union.

Waco is one of those events where as Ive gotten older, my opinion about what happened has changed substantially. When it first occurred I thought the Davidians brought it upon themselves. Today...all I see is the government incompetence got so many people (agents and Davidians) needlessly killed, and those responsible were never held accountable. 

Whether it was Randy Weaver or Koresh, the feds could have arrested those guys peacefully. They had multiple opportunities.

The 90s were a violent time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

More quotes............

In a May 6, 1983 speech at the Annual Members’ Banquet of the National Rifle Association (NRA), Reagan did remark, “We will never disarm any American who seeks to protect his or her family from fear and harm,” ( https://www.reaganfoundation.org/media/128658/nra.pdf)

In a June 30, 1983 speech, Reagan said: “[…] you won't get gun control by disarming law abiding citizens. There's only one way to get real gun control: Disarm the thugs and the criminals, lock them up, and if you don't actually throw away the key, at least lose it for a long time.” 

(https://www.reaganlibrary.gov/archives/speech/remarks-california-republican-party-fundraising-dinner-long-beach)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

More quotes............

In a May 6, 1983 speech at the Annual Members’ Banquet of the National Rifle Association (NRA), Reagan did remark, “We will never disarm any American who seeks to protect his or her family from fear and harm,” ( https://www.reaganfoundation.org/media/128658/nra.pdf)

In a June 30, 1983 speech, Reagan said: “[…] you won't get gun control by disarming law abiding citizens. There's only one way to get real gun control: Disarm the thugs and the criminals, lock them up, and if you don't actually throw away the key, at least lose it for a long time.” 

(https://www.reaganlibrary.gov/archives/speech/remarks-california-republican-party-fundraising-dinner-long-beach)

yep and he also said this - read it again Bonnie:

image.jpeg.ff94092e6ed907189c35e58324e19adf.jpeg

On 4/8/2021 at 2:51 PM, Chef Jim said:

She may be hot (we'd expect nothing less from you) but her logic is messed up.  How about "I shoot people to bring awareness to the long wait times at the ER"?  

What did she say?  I just saw pictures.  

On 4/8/2021 at 3:54 PM, B-Man said:

Jen Psaki clarifies Joe Biden’s lie about ‘no background check’ at gun shows with an impressive tap dancing routine [video]

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/04/08/how-refreshing-jen-psaki-clarifies-joe-bidens-lie-about-no-background-check-at-gun-shows-with-an-impressive-tap-dancing-routine-video/

AG Merrick Garland explains that a stabilizing brace ‘effectively turns a pistol into a short-barreled rifle,’ which is ‘still concealable’ (and people have questions) [video]

https://twitchy.com/sarahd-313035/2021/04/08/ag-merrick-garland-explains-that-a-stabilizing-brace-effectively-turns-a-pistol-into-a-short-barreled-rifle-which-is-still-concealable-and-people-have-questions-video/

‘David knows the AFT well’: Biden butchers name of agency he’s nominating anti-gun ghoul David Chipman for and LOL (watch)

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2021/04/08/david-knows-the-aft-well-biden-butchers-name-of-agency-hes-nominating-anti-gun-ghoul-david-chipman-for-and-lol-watch/

Beyond the fact that Biden is truly clueless about gun rights and the Constitution (and most everything else), he completely butchered the name of the ATF when he announced he is nominating David ‘Waco’ Chipman as his pick for the head of the agency.

He’s just a hot mess, folks.

Both David and Joe.

Watch.

AFT … isn’t that the teacher’s union? LOL

Can’t remember the pentagon. Can’t remember the ATF. This is fine.

I think with all he’s got in his plate, they should drop these three letter monikers and just go with one.  FBI = F, ATF = A, and since we’re talking Biden here, CIA would be “Prinzinpopper...”. 

21 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

In Thr Heller decision Scalia indicated that you have the right to bear arms but the type of arms you can carry could be regulated.  Maybe we should listen to him.

As usual we agree. There is no reason for your average citizen to own some of these weapons. However, thinking that it’ll make any meaningful difference in gun violence is simply silly. So go ahead and place restrictions on these weapons again..and this time with a strict but definitive time limit to revisit the results with a federal study. I’m good! 

17 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

As usual we agree. There is no reason for your average citizen to own some of these weapons. However, thinking that it’ll make any meaningful difference in gun violence is simply silly. So go ahead and place restrictions on these weapons again..and this time with a strict but definitive time limit to revisit the results with a federal study. I’m good! 

I like the idea of a federal study.  I think that formal studies of effects of gun types, amount of gun violence, etc. have been discouraged

3 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

I like the idea of a federal study.  I think that formal studies of effects of gun types, amount of gun violence, etc. have been discouraged

I’m pretty sure they already have the  historical figures. And if they don’t, they should. 

11 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

I’m pretty sure they already have the  historical figures. And if they don’t, they should. 

The other thing I’d look at is ammunition.  Simple math tells me that if you have a magazine that can shoot 10 bullets vs. magazines that can shoot 100, I can do ten times more damage with the latter.  I am not a gun guy so I would need input on this being possible.

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

The other thing I’d look at is ammunition.  Simple math tells me that if you have a magazine that can shoot 10 bullets vs. magazines that can shoot 100, I can do ten times more damage with the latter.  I am not a gun guy so I would need input on this being possible.

Again, I’m pretty sure they have that information as well. And I’m also pretty sure that these sorts of weapons are a  REALLY tiny minority of the gun deaths in America. I’m also really sure this is yet another ‘feel good move’ by those who simply want to feel like they did something. (Akin to banning plastic straws.) But...with all of that said I'm not the slightest bit opposed to a ban. 

1 hour ago, SoCal Deek said:

Again, I’m pretty sure they have that information as well. And I’m also pretty sure that these sorts of weapons are a  REALLY tiny minority of the gun deaths in America. I’m also really sure this is yet another ‘feel good move’ by those who simply want to feel like they did something. (Akin to banning plastic straws.) But...with all of that said I'm not the slightest bit opposed to a ban. 

This could absolutely be managed and structured rationally with data as you suggest. you could say, ok personal protection, what are the 99% scenarios there related to number of intruders, number of discharges, etc. size for that. Want some special exemption for more firepower? Maybe it’s some escalation in vetting, if at all.  

I’d say the days of the argument of resisting government tyranny with militia are over. They come dressed in suits with JDs now or tweet bots controlling the news. That ship has sailed.  

The problem is neither side wants a pragmatic solution or any solution. One side want to say they’re coming for you guns and the other side wants to pretend their canned solutions do a damn thing wrt to gun crime. They are already too prolific. I don’t know how to I’d the fact there is a gun per capita. That’s crazy. 

Side note: Watched Miss Sloane this weekend. Interesting movie around this topic and I think a lot closer to how politicians actually operate as opposed to ideals and values. 

6 hours ago, leh-nerd skin-erd said:

What did she say?  I just saw pictures.  

I don't remember.  Like all my fantasies.  It was fleeting.  

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

You can do just as much damage with 10 round clips as higher round clips.  You just need to be fast at removing and replacing clips and many people are REAL good at that.  Killers are gonna kill and killers with a psychological issues will figure ways to mass kill. 

• Like (+1) 1

17 hours ago, B-Man said:

More quotes............

And 40 years after following this exact protocol ...we lead the league in gun violence....but it is still work repeating?  

34 minutes ago, TH3 said:

And 40 years after following this exact protocol ...we lead the league in gun violence....but it is still work repeating?  

“We will never disarm any American who seeks to protect his or her family from fear and harm,”

2 hours ago, TH3 said:

Probably even more so. With all the defunding of the police , bail reform , Marxist riots, tyrannical politicians taking power and restricting rights....More of us need to own guns to protect ourselves than ever before