What is better, no guns, or more guns?

17 hours ago, Dragoon said:

Alright — let’s get this thing heated!!!

What is the best gun, PERIOD?! 

Now I feel there’s a lot of uses for guns, but if you had to pick one gun, what caliber and what would it be?

Personally, I operate best off the AR platform and would take it in 300 blackout. I can take down decent size game with that and for defense, it really don’t get better than that. 

...and if anybody states AKs let me just say this — AKs were made by communists for terrorists and that is indisputable. 

I can tell you after this weekend it wouldn’t be my .54 cal cap lock muzzleloader. It’s an absolute blast to shoot, and practicing over the summer I got to where I could put 3 round balls in the same hole at 50 yds with 90 grains of black powder. Never had a misfire with it before, then this Saturday out in the woods I had a chance at the biggest buck I’ve ever seen, and wouldn’t ya know the cap went off but didn’t ignite the powder charge 🤬🤬🤬

As far as what I would actually consider the best, while it’s incredibly subjective, I tend to think of it in terms of what I would want if I could only have one gun to do it all, and to me the only answer is a 12 gauge shotgun due to the versatility. 

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Chandemonium said:

I can tell you after this weekend it wouldn’t be my .54 cal cap lock muzzleloader. It’s an absolute blast to shoot, and practicing over the summer I got to where I could put 3 round balls in the same hole at 50 yds with 90 grains of black powder. Never had a misfire with it before, then this Saturday out in the woods I had a chance at the biggest buck I’ve ever seen, and wouldn’t ya know the cap went off but didn’t ignite the powder charge 🤬🤬🤬

As far as what I would actually consider the best, while it’s incredibly subjective, I tend to think of it in terms of what I would want if I could only have one gun to do it all, and to me the only answer is a 12 gauge shotgun due to the versatility. 

you’ll have to manually change the shot (slug/shot) but not a bad choice. 

On 10/5/2020 at 5:48 PM, Dragoon said:

Alright — let’s get this thing heated!!!

What is the best gun, PERIOD?! 

Now I feel there’s a lot of uses for guns, but if you had to pick one gun, what caliber and what would it be?

Personally, I operate best off the AR platform and would take it in 300 blackout. I can take down decent size game with that and for defense, it really don’t get better than that. 

...and if anybody states AKs let me just say this — AKs were made by communists for terrorists and that is indisputable. 

Easy. Mine. Because it’s mine! 

On 8/13/2020 at 5:00 PM, Buffalo_Gal said:

St. Louis prosecutor to detective on McCloskey case: 'I suggest you quickly reassess this evidence'

Documents show lead detective initially refused to sign documents prosecutors wrote about the case

The lead St. Louis police detective investigating the McCloskey case refused to sign at least two versions of court documents prosecutors drafted, according to a review of those documents obtained by 5 On Your Side.

In addition, police contend at least one person in the crowd was armed and another was wearing a bullet-resistant vest, after analyzing videos taken June 28, when the couple confronted protesters with guns.

</snip>

Their attorney, Joel Schwartz, said he wasn’t surprised by the indictment, saying the grand jury didn’t have all the facts.

“Once all the facts are out, it will be clear the McCloskeys committed no crime whatsoever,” Schwartz said. “Frankly because the grand jury is not an adversarial process and defense counsel are not allowed in there and I have no idea what was stated to the grand jury and what law was given to the grand jury.”

14 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Really was a ham sandwich indictment. They even tossed in tampering with the weapon against them... the tampering the DA had someone do. Justice, my Aunt Fanny. 

This is sooo sooo disturbing. 

• 5 months later...
2 hours ago, BillStime said:

Why I hate the Republican Party for $2000, Alex:

Two weeks after shooting spree, Georgia Senate backs bill to loosen gun restrictions

There is something seriously wrong with this country.

We are one of the most conservative countries on the planet and we allow you to move out whenever you want, why don't you move to a country that fits you better? I would except no one is more personal freedom then the US. It is why I left NY for FL.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

We are one of the most conservative countries on the planet and we allow you to move out whenever you want, why don't you move to a country that fits you better? I would except no one is more personal freedom then the US. It is why I left NY for FL.

Well Timmy. I hope you love Florida. I am glad your guns help you feel safe. 

I am glad you will be armed and able to shoot back at the nut with the AK at the local mall and protect those around you. I am hopeful that while sitting on your front porch with you kids or grandkids you will feel capable of defending them against the drive-by shooter with the gun in your pocket. I am thrilled you can sit comfortably on your patio in the morning with your coffee, newspaper and gun on the table beside you. Make sure your family members carry at all times when they are not with you. Make sure you practice often because you know what they say. I version of events is better than two.

Ps. You think you are the most conservative country yet a larger % voted against that. So what you really are is a group of people in your nation who believe in the rules of 1776 regarding guns and invasion. They also believe in the deep state, area 51, anti vaccine, that a mask restricts your freedom but speed limits, alcohol rules, hunting laws, etc do not. 

Surfs up.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Niagara Bill said:

I am glad you will be armed and able to shoot back at the nut with the AK at the local mall and protect those around you. I am hopeful that while sitting on your front porch with you kids or grandkids you will feel capable of defending them against the drive-by shooter with the gun in your pocket. I am thrilled you can sit comfortably on your patio in the morning with your coffee, newspaper and gun on the table beside you. Make sure your family members carry at all times when they are not with you. Make sure you practice often because you know what they say. I version of events is better than two.

Ps. You think you are the most conservative country yet a larger % voted against that. So what you really are is a group of people in your nation who believe in the rules of 1776 regarding guns and invasion. They also believe in the deep state, area 51, anti vaccine, that a mask restricts your freedom but speed limits, alcohol rules, hunting laws, etc do not. 

Surfs up.

Scenario.  Someone breaks into my home with the intent of a home invasion.  Should I or should I not be able to shoot the ***** dead?  

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Surfs up.

The NYT believes in the deep state, Black people are the most anti vaccine, and Area 51 is a real place that does top secret stuff. Your choice of topics to bash me with shows how myopic you are.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.newsweek.com/why-black-americans-are-less-likely-covid-vaccine-1570521%3famp=1

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/12/02/opinion/trump-fauci-deep-state.amp.html

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Area_51

As for the rest of your diatribe, my children have no idea whether I have a gun and most likely will never need to find out. My town has never had a drive by in the past 20 years minimum, and it is unlikely to happen. If criminals know they are likely to die for trying to commit crimes in my neighborhood they don't come this way. The guns in my neighborhood keep us all safe are not a threat to anyone unless they have I'll intent.

6 hours ago, Niagara Bill said:

Surfs up.

You’re Canadian! Why are you in this conversation? Your entire nation wouldn’t exist if it didn’t happen to live right next to ours...tough guy!

Edited by SoCal Deek