What is better, no guns, or more guns?

Opinion analysis: Court sends New York Second Amendment case back to lower courts without ruling on the merits. 

“Justice Samuel Alito dissented from today’s decision, in a 31-page opinion that was joined in full by Justice Neil Gorsuch and in large part by Justice Clarence Thomas. Alito was sharply critical of the decision to dismiss the case as moot, arguing that his colleagues were allowing ‘our docket to be manipulated in a way that should not be countenanced.'”

21 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Opinion analysis: Court sends New York Second Amendment case back to lower courts without ruling on the merits. 

“Justice Samuel Alito dissented from today’s decision, in a 31-page opinion that was joined in full by Justice Neil Gorsuch and in large part by Justice Clarence Thomas. Alito was sharply critical of the decision to dismiss the case as moot, arguing that his colleagues were allowing ‘our docket to be manipulated in a way that should not be countenanced.'”

Justice Brett Kavanaugh filed a concurring opinion in which he explained that he agreed with the majority that the gun owners’ original claims are moot and that the new claims should be addressed first by the lower courts. But Kavanaugh also indicated that he agreed with Alito’s “general analysis of Heller and” McDonald v. City of Chicago, in which the court made clear that the Second Amendment applies fully to the states, and that he shares Alito’s “concern that some federal and state courts may not be properly applying Heller and McDonald.”

Interesting way to straddle the fence. Kavanaugh's not wrong, though.

As Twitchy reported earlier Thursday, ABC 13 picked a curious photo to go with its story of a bazooka found during a raid in downtown Houston. The tweet’s since been deleted, either because of the photo or because authorities later said a bazooka was not found among the stash of weapons.

That was definitely the media’s gun moment of the day, but Jesse Kelly wants to know which is your favorite media gun moment of all time. He’s provided four options, although we’d also nominate former Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh showing off the “rocket launcher” the city picked up at one of its gun buyback events.

Ok, I’m sorry to do this, but it’s time to make a choice. You can choose one and only one favorite media gun moment. Or you’re welcome to respond with one you think tops these four.

Who’s the champ?

EW4HaYbXgAENfrq?format=jpg&name=360x360              EW4HaYhXQAAoMd-?format=jpg&name=360x360 

EW4HaYeWsAYyMrZ?format=jpg&name=small                          EW4HaYeWoAAphnY?format=jpg&name=360x360

So what do we have: the “bazooka,”

a HuffPost reporter asking if anyone could confirm that “rubber bullets” (that were actually earplugs) were fired in Ferguson, Missouri,

USA Today’s graphic of the AR-15 with the “chainsaw bayonet” attachment,

or the New York Daily News reporter who claims he suffered from PTSD after firing an AR-15 at a shooting range.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

Not surprisingly, ABC13 has deleted their tweet already

but the NRA saved it.

nra_houston_bazooka_04-30-2020.jpg

DCTom would have loved that one.........

At least it wasn't an assault bazooka.

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

Not surprisingly, ABC13 has deleted their tweet already

but the NRA saved it.

nra_houston_bazooka_04-30-2020.jpg

DCTom would have loved that one.........

I am not being morbid but did DCTom die? I have not seen him in a while but thought it was the off-season.

2 hours ago, B-Man said:

As Twitchy reported earlier Thursday, ABC 13 picked a curious photo to go with its story of a bazooka found during a raid in downtown Houston. The tweet’s since been deleted, either because of the photo or because authorities later said a bazooka was not found among the stash of weapons.

That was definitely the media’s gun moment of the day, but Jesse Kelly wants to know which is your favorite media gun moment of all time. He’s provided four options, although we’d also nominate former Baltimore Mayor Catherine Pugh showing off the “rocket launcher” the city picked up at one of its gun buyback events.

EW4HaYbXgAENfrq?format=jpg&name=360x360              EW4HaYhXQAAoMd-?format=jpg&name=360x360 

EW4HaYeWsAYyMrZ?format=jpg&name=small                          EW4HaYeWoAAphnY?format=jpg&name=360x360

So what do we have: the “bazooka,”

a HuffPost reporter asking if anyone could confirm that “rubber bullets” (that were actually earplugs) were fired in Ferguson, Missouri,

USA Today’s graphic of the AR-15 with the “chainsaw bayonet” attachment,

or the New York Daily News reporter who claims he suffered from PTSD after firing an AR-15 at a shooting range.

The person who thought those were rubber bullets obviously is not married to someone who snores. 

Oh Canada! The True North Strong and free! 

Wash post: 

TORONTO — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said the ban includes more than 1,500 makes and models of firearms. There will be a two-year amnesty period for current owners to comply with the prohibition, he said, and legislation will be drafted in the coming months to provide “fair compensation” to them.

5 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

Oh Canada! The True North Strong and free! 

Wash post: 

This is excellent news. Every country should be disarmed...except America. Love it. Thank you for reminding me to vote Trump.

14 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

I am not being morbid but did DCTom die? I have not seen him in a while but thought it was the off-season.

He's very active on Twitter these days. He does a drive-by here on occasion. I've been TBD for probably 20 years with Tom. He comes and goes. But Twitter seems to keep him busy. If you're not following politics, there are a schittton of nerds discussing things he loves...like historic wars, battles, ships, strategies, etc. 

3 minutes ago, Reality Check said:

This is excellent news. Every country should be disarmed...except America. Love it. Thank you for reminding me to vote Trump.

You like those gun thugs in Michigan? Such a republican spirit, that's the true nature of democratic government 

15 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

You like those gun thugs in Michigan? Such a republican spirit, that's the true nature of democratic government 

We are not a Democracy. Where you live perhaps. I live in a Constitutional Republic. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

I like them ( they’re not thugs). Situations like this are the reason we have a second amendment. Government is supposed to work for the people , not the other way around. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

I like them ( they’re not thugs). Situations like this are the reason we have a second amendment. Government is supposed to work for the people , not the other way around. 

LOL, something on the order of +75% of Michigan voters support the lock down. This gun people should not be allowed to intimidate the representatives of the people. Hopefully Democrats can take total control of that state and outlaw such intimidation tactics 

33 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

LOL, something on the order of +75% of Michigan voters support the lock down. This gun people should not be allowed to intimidate the representatives of the people. Hopefully Democrats can take total control of that state and outlaw such intimidation tactics 

Link?

34 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

We are not a Democracy.

• Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

While I’m suspect of the validity of those numbers, supporters would be free to limit their own movement upon the lifting of a lockdown. The people absolutely are the check on their representatives. Constitutional rights to freedom don’t come with an asterisk invalidating them in case of Coronavirus. The brainwashed masses can buy into media driven fear tactics, but that doesn’t override liberties and rights guaranteed by the founders. The role of government is not to ensure that you or I do not contract a virus. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1