What is better, no guns, or more guns?

7 hours ago, B-Man said:

More "right-Wing terrorists".....................Oh wait, you mean it IS about peoples rights ?

Why This Antifa Group Is Siding With Thousands of Pro-Gun Conservatives In Virginia

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/akwv4k/why-antifa-is-siding-with-thousands-of-pro-gun-conservatives-in-virginia

This is a trap, and not a well-concealed one.

• Like (+1) 1

How a Democratic Governor and the Mainstream Media Tried to Delegitimize a Civil Rights Rally Before It Even Started. 

“Northam probably knows more about white supremacy than I do, given his history, but this is starting to get ridiculous.”

UPDATE: So I’m wondering: What if Virginians rebelled and overthrew Northam’s government? It’s unlikely, but if they did, federal intervention is also unlikely. There have been two such cases in American history — the Dorr Rebellion in Rhode Island, and the Wilmington Insurrection of 1898, and in both cases the federal government didn’t intervene. To intervene, the president would have to make a declaration under the Insurrection Act, and there’s no obligation that he do so. And the question of which state government is legitimate is, according to the Supreme Court’s decision in Luther v. Borden, political and non-justiciable.

Which means that if Northam were to be physically removed from office and a new state government put in in his place — possibly with a new legislature — it would be up to Trump to decide whether to restore the status quo ante, or to recognize the new state government as legitimate.

This probably won’t matter, but it’s worth noting, and I doubt very much that Ralph “Coonman” Northam has thought about it at all.

byGlenn Reynolds

Added: This is the type of historical post where I could count on DCTom to jump in and correct me......?

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

How a Democratic Governor and the Mainstream Media Tried to Delegitimize a Civil Rights Rally Before It Even Started. 

“Northam probably knows more about white supremacy than I do, given his history, but this is starting to get ridiculous.”

UPDATE: So I’m wondering: What if Virginians rebelled and overthrew Northam’s government? It’s unlikely, but if they did, federal intervention is also unlikely. There have been two such cases in American history — the Dorr Rebellion in Rhode Island, and the Wilmington Insurrection of 1898, and in both cases the federal government didn’t intervene. To intervene, the president would have to make a declaration under the Insurrection Act, and there’s no obligation that he do so. And the question of which state government is legitimate is, according to the Supreme Court’s decision in Luther v. Borden, political and non-justiciable.

Which means that if Northam were to be physically removed from office and a new state government put in in his place — possibly with a new legislature — it would be up to Trump to decide whether to restore the status quo ante, or to recognize the new state government as legitimate.

This probably won’t matter, but it’s worth noting, and I doubt very much that Ralph “Coonman” Northam has thought about it at all.

byGlenn Reynolds

Added: This is the type of historical post where I could count on DCTom to jump in and correct me......?

Rumor has it that DC Tom has started up a fact check site but is already getting bored since he doesn't have to look anything up. 

• Haha (+1) 3

SEEN ON FACEBOOK:

A governor whose medical school yearbook photo is him wearing a Klan hood has *cages* put up several hundred feet from a Virginia civil rights monument ON Martin Luther King Jr Day to contain citizens trying to exercise their freedoms of speech and assembly…

And the liberal masses still support him.

You can’t make this up.

They’ve never minded cages . . . for their opposition.

• Like (+1) 4

Virginia City Councilman Brings AR-15 to 2nd Amendment Sanctuary Vote

Portsmouth, Virginia, councilman Nathan Clark participated in his city’s Second Amendment Sanctuary vote while carrying an AR-15.

The Virginian-Pilot reports that two liberals, Councilman Shannon Glove and Vice Mayor Lisa Lucas-Burke, were critical of Clark’s decision to bring his gun to the vote and asked him to apologize for doing so.

Councilman Bill Moody defended Clark, saying, “I do not believe that Council(man) Clark needs to apologize for exercising his right as a law enforcement officer to carry his weapon to a public meeting. I can appreciate liberals’ knee jerk reactions but if they have a problem with the law they should use the system they now control to change it.”

Clark told WTKR he carried the gun openly to show support for gun rights.

He said, “I had a lot of people come and talk to me after it. No one appeared intimidated. There the police officers that were there; they were aware that I had it.”

The council passed the Second Amendment Sanctuary resolution by a vote of 4-3.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

NBC Gives Instructions on How to Cover “White Nationalist” Rally

If it wasn’t already blatantly obvious, Democrats and mainstream media reporters (but I repeat myself) are hoping for conflict and bloodshed at tomorrow’s Lobby Day in Richmond. As Elizabeth Vaughn covered, one pro-2A Virginia State Senator warned, “We are being set up"

Elected officials from Gov. Ralph (“Blackface”) Northam on down and their friends in the media are working around the clock to label Lobby Day as a “white nationalist” rally and make gun owners and white nationalists synonymous in the eyes of the public. There have been arrests of alleged white nationalists who purportedly had plans to travel to Richmond on Monday and commit violent acts, but the men arrested were not Virginians; they seemed to be using the media hubbub to rev up their hatred and use Lobby Day as an outlet.

Those who wish for a safe, peaceful day of protest and an end to divisive politics and rhetoric in our country aren’t helped by one Ben Collins of NBC News, who clutched his pearls as he tweeted this thread:

Reporters covering tomorrow's white nationalist rally in Virginia, I'm absolutely begging you:

Verify information before you send it out tomorrow, even if it's a very sensational rumor you heard from a cop.

Don't become a hero in neo-Nazi propaganda circles with made-up stuff.

— Ben Collins (@oneunderscore__) January 19, 2020

First, he labels it a “white nationalist” rally. Someone who wasn’t seeking to fan the flames would call the rally by its proper name.

Then, he perpetuates a rumor that there’s “a known propaganda technique from white nationalists” to tell journalists that “the person wearing a swastika was actually an Antifa supersoldier in disguise…to absolve them [of] violent behavior.” Oh really? I’m pretty sure the people who threw a concrete milkshake at Andy Ngo weren’t Antifa supersoldiers wearing a swastika. They were just Antifa hoodlums. Name one instance where the scenario you outlined happened, Ben. A verified instance. You know, since you’re big on making sure information is verified before it’s sent out.

Finally, he calls Lobby Day “the physical embodiment of 4chan.”

More at the link: https://www.redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2020/01/19/nbc-gives-instructions-on-how-to-cover-white-nationalist-rally/

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

If it wasn’t already blatantly obvious, Democrats and mainstream media reporters (but I repeat myself) are hoping for conflict and bloodshed at tomorrow’s Lobby Day in Richmond. As Elizabeth Vaughn covered, one pro-2A Virginia State Senator warned, “We are being set up"

Elected officials from Gov. Ralph (“Blackface”) Northam on down and their friends in the media are working around the clock to label Lobby Day as a “white nationalist” rally and make gun owners and white nationalists synonymous in the eyes of the public. There have been arrests of alleged white nationalists who purportedly had plans to travel to Richmond on Monday and commit violent acts, but the men arrested were not Virginians; they seemed to be using the media hubbub to rev up their hatred and use Lobby Day as an outlet.

Those who wish for a safe, peaceful day of protest and an end to divisive politics and rhetoric in our country aren’t helped by one Ben Collins of NBC News, who clutched his pearls as he tweeted this thread:

Reporters covering tomorrow's white nationalist rally in Virginia, I'm absolutely begging you:

Verify information before you send it out tomorrow, even if it's a very sensational rumor you heard from a cop.

First, he labels it a “white nationalist” rally. Someone who wasn’t seeking to fan the flames would call the rally by its proper name.

Then, he perpetuates a rumor that there’s “a known propaganda technique from white nationalists” to tell journalists that “the person wearing a swastika was actually an Antifa supersoldier in disguise…to absolve them [of] violent behavior.” Oh really? I’m pretty sure the people who threw a concrete milkshake at Andy Ngo weren’t Antifa supersoldiers wearing a swastika. They were just Antifa hoodlums. Name one instance where the scenario you outlined happened, Ben. A verified instance. You know, since you’re big on making sure information is verified before it’s sent out.

More at the link: https://www.redstate.com/jenvanlaar/2020/01/19/nbc-gives-instructions-on-how-to-cover-white-nationalist-rally/

Well damn, maybe I should tell my black, puerto rican, and jewish friends they're going to a white nationalist rally tomorrow

• Like (+1) 3

On 1/18/2020 at 12:28 PM, B-Man said:

byGlenn Reynolds

A more modern day rebellion against a tyrannical government here in the US was The Battle of Athens. Here is a condensed version:
https://constitution.org/mil/tn/batathen.htm

Here is the long version:
https://www.americanheritage.com/battle-athens

But it was an uprising shortly after WWII against the tyranny in McMinn County Tennessee that did actually end in gunfire.  

3 hours ago, B-Man said:

And winning elections is going to fix this issue, right?  Hahahahah