What is better, no guns, or more guns?

1 hour ago, GaryPinC said:

They believe in the recent coup attempt but fail to realize it did not involve their guns in any way.

It involved to deprivation of liberty -- which is what the second amendment is meant to protect. The coup was designed to disenfranchise sixty million Americans and in the process trampled over the constitutional rights of multiple individuals, bankrupting them and jailing them in the process. You say it did not involve guns in anyway -- well: 

Image result for roger stone raid

You're wrong.

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Canadians are jealous of the U.S. Not only do they live a sheltered life in their nanny state but they realize that they do so under our protection. Some of them denigrate us because they can't accept America as their real daddy.

independence-day-july-4th-best-fuck-amer

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Cool. Hey, I like Canada. It’s interesting , has a lot of good golf courses and everything always looks very clean. It may also be safer, as you state. Fwiw, It’s population is currently 72% Caucasian and as recently as the late 90’s that figure was around 86%.

Canada is great. 

Taxes are high, but the trade off is a fair one in my eyes. 

2 hours ago, row_33 said:

Our immigration policies have brought great societal contributors from India and Hong Kong and other Asian countries.

You have to be a contributor and invest a healthy sum to get in, for the most part.

It's a great system.

Trump gets way too much flack for trying to implement the same policy. 

Unfortunately the Republicans who cater their policies towards helping business owners have no interest in solving immigration and reducing the supply of cheap labour. 

The penalties for employing illegal immigration should be much steeper. 

Immigration laws are similar to drug laws in my eyes in the sense that too much emphasis is put on penalizing the low level people and not enough emphasis on stopping the people who make it all possible. Yes immigrants are breaking the law, but they wouldn't come here in the same numbers if it was harder to find work. 

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

It's a great system.

Unfortunately the Republicans who cater their policies towards helping business owners have no interest in solving immigration and reducing the supply of cheap labour. 

Immigration laws are similar to drug laws in my eyes in the sense that too much emphasis is put on penalizing the low level people and not enough emphasis on stopping the people who make it all possible. Yes immigrants are breaking the law, but they wouldn't come here in the same numbers if it was harder to find work. 

We also have a well guarded border all over the county, the only practical entry is along the northern US border, some have tried to land at Newfoundland by sea. 

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

It's a great system.

Racist!!

Why do you hate brown people? 

9 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

It involved to deprivation of liberty -- which is what the second amendment is meant to protect. The coup was designed to disenfranchise sixty million Americans and in the process trampled over the constitutional rights of multiple individuals, bankrupting them and jailing them in the process. You say it did not involve guns in anyway -- well: 

Image result for roger stone raid

You're wrong.

You'll have to forgive me, I'm not following your train of thought.  The second amendment allows us the right to protect ourselves, our families and homes, and our country against any foreign invader.  Most importantly, it gives us the means to overthrow our government if enough of us feel it strongly necessary.  If someone is wrongly jailed or denied their liberty, I wouldn't consider that a direct relationship to the second amendment.  Please explain?

WRT guns, I did not say there were no guns involved in the coup process.  My words:

"but fail to realize it did not involve their guns in any way"

refer to the gun rights we enjoy across this great country.  The coup did not compromise our basic gun rights in any way.

Edited by GaryPinC

9 hours ago, sabrecrazed said:

Racist!!

Why do you hate brown people? 

We are committed to the Commonwealth of Nations for which that is the one demographic that is not largely included 

On 8/6/2019 at 8:12 AM, GG said:

Absolutely.

Make no mistake, having access to the guns with high capacity stock makes it much easier to perpetuate a mass shooting.  What it doesn't do is address the urge by these individuals to perpetuate mass killings.

See the answer above.  Having an easier access to the gun is not the motivation to go out and start shooting people.   

I agree. As I’ve been saying, making it harder to access the weapons only prevents some of the killings and we need other steps in addition. In particular the hard steps of helping all people feel like they are part of a community and not divided apart from others. 

Edited by BeginnersMind

2 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

I agree. As I’ve been saying, making it harder to access the weapons only prevents some of the killings and we need other steps in addition. In particular the hard steps of helping all people feel like they are part of a community and not divided apart from others. 

Good luck, about 2 seconds after I’m introduced to someone under 40, they are again buried in their iPhone

6 minutes ago, BeginnersMind said:

It won’t be easy but it’s important: We live in the best time to be alive ever. 

No argument there, very grateful for these post-postmodern times

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, row_33 said:

We also have a well guarded border all over the county, the only practical entry is along the northern US border, some have tried to land at Newfoundland by sea. 

...so why is Ellis Island defunct, the same one that my ancestral grandparents on both sides used?.....what the eff happened to the "right way"??........