What is better, no guns, or more guns?

4 hours ago, dubs said:

The “rest of the world” arguments on guns, health care, taxes, etc...hold no water for me. Don’t think they hold much for most people either. 

As my parents used to say, “Well, if your friends all jumped off a bridge would you do that too?”

Of course they don't.

You've been brain washed into thinking the US is the best country on Earth. 

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Of course they don't.

Name a better one, and state your case while also explaining why you haven't moved there yet... 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Of course they don't.

Apparently so has the “rest of the world” considering that 1 in 5 Of the world’s immigrants have come to the US. Also since the US has the smallest % of emigrants, only 1% of US born people have left, that could indicate the US is the best too. 

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/05/18/5-facts-about-the-u-s-rank-in-worldwide-migration/

Or, maybe it’s the best for Americans, which is all that really matters. 

Whats maybe more interesting is why does someone who doesn’t live here care about the US and what goes on here?  Are you originally from here?  Have family here?  

Edited by dubs

13 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Of course they don't.

Maybe, but more importantly they've all been brainwashed to believe any gun regulation (safety training cert, background checks, etc) is an infringement on their right to own a gun and will inevitably lead to the government coming to take them.

They fail to realize every other constitutional freedom we enjoy comes with regulation and responsibility.  It's essential in a country of nearly 400 million.

They believe in the recent coup attempt but fail to realize it did not involve their guns in any way.

They fail to realize in 2008 DC vs Heller, the SCOTUS formally recognized the right of the individual to own guns for self protection, particularly handguns as the popular choice.

They fail to realize that SCOTUS recognized the right for reasonable regulation but even at the local level the citizen's right to own a gun must not be denied.

So,the left cannot ban hand guns, only exotic weapons.  But neither side wants to acknowledge this as they would have to change their extreme narratives.

2 hours ago, dubs said:

Apparently so has the “rest of the world” considering that 1 in 5 Of the world’s immigrants have come to the US. Also since the US has the smallest % of emigrants, only 1% of US born people have left, that could indicate the US is the best too. 

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2016/05/18/5-facts-about-the-u-s-rank-in-worldwide-migration/

Or, maybe it’s the best for Americans, which is all that really matters. 

Whats maybe more interesting is why does someone who doesn’t live here care about the US and what goes on here?  Are you originally from here?  Have family here?  

Canadians are jealous of the U.S. Not only do they live a sheltered life in their nanny state but they realize that they do so under our protection. Some of them denigrate us because they can't accept America as their real daddy.

• Haha (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Canadians are jealous of the U.S. Not only do they live a sheltered life in their nanny state but they realize that they do so under our protection. Some of them denigrate us because they can't accept America as their real daddy.

Unlikely.

Canadians live longer, are happier, safer and Canada consistently ranks ahead of the US in quality of life.

Who exactly is the US protecting Canada from? The boogeyman? 

35 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Most Canadians couldn’t possibly care less that you exist.

3 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Unlikely.

Canadians live longer, are happier, safer and Canada consistently ranks ahead of the US in quality of life.

Most people on this board would be much better off, overall, living in Canada.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Most Canadians couldn’t possibly care less that you exist.

Most people on this board would be much better off, overall, living in Canada.

Don't you hate me for making you side with jrober?

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Don't you hate me for making you side with jrober?

I can’t hate you.

but I’m in a bind as a Canadian Conservative, your decent sized portion with insistence on the right to weapons that do nothing but enable mass killings loses me totally....

4 minutes ago, row_33 said:

I can’t hate you.

but I’m in a bind as a Canadian Conservative, your decent sized portion with insistence on the right to weapons that do nothing but enable mass killings loses me totally....

I wasn't referring to guns just now but I was denigrating Canada for the sole purpose of showing what amount of pussiness consumes jrober, the Ugly Canadian.

1 minute ago, 3rdnlng said:

I wasn't referring to guns just now but I was denigrating Canada for the sole purpose of showing what amount of pussiness consumes jrober, the Ugly Canadian.

Didn’t realize jrober is Canajian.

we are probably the most conservative people on the planet as long as we are sitting at home on our favourite chair

2 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Didn’t realize jrober is Canajian.

we are probably the most conservative people on the planet as long as we are sitting at home on our favourite chair

Can you do something about your spelling though?

34 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Unlikely.

Cool. Hey, I like Canada. It’s interesting , has a lot of good golf courses and everything always looks very clean. It may also be safer, as you state. Fwiw, It’s population is currently 72% Caucasian and as recently as the late 90’s that figure was around 86%.

6 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Cool. Hey, I like Canada. It’s interesting , has a lot of good golf courses and everything always looks very clean. It may also be safer, as you state. Fwiw, It’s population is currently 72% Caucasian and as recently as the late 90’s that figure was around 86%.

Our immigration policies have brought great societal contributors from India and Hong Kong and other Asian countries.

You have to be a contributor and invest a healthy sum to get in, for the most part.