What is better, no guns, or more guns?

On 3/6/2019 at 8:08 AM, Gary M said:

I also want an M1A carbine, have for years. need to make that a priority. Also lack an over under in 12 ga.  Without going into detail, I have everything else covered.

As a kid I fell in love with the carbine watching WW2 movies.  Then I drooled over it in the Sears catalog.  I'd still like to have one even though I won't have to defend my howitzer, guard my AAA gun, or take out a panzershrek.  I've had an old Marlin .22 carbine since I was like 15, and it's fun to shoot 8 rounds in under 2 seconds.  I imagine that's all the M1A would be useful for,  Maybe it's better to have that under your bed rather than a pistol in the nightstand, except you'd have to fix some spots in the drywall behind the intruder.  

Edited by daz28

1 minute ago, daz28 said:

As a kid I fell in love with the carbine watching WW2 movies.  Then I drooled over it in the Sears catalog.  I'd still like to have one even though I won't have to defend my howitzer, guard my AAA gun, or take out a panzershrek.  I've had an old Marlin .22 carbine since I was like 15, and it's fun to shoot 8 rounds in under 2 seconds.  I imagine that's all the M1A would be useful for,  Maybe it's better to have that under your bed rather than a pistol in the nightstand, except you'd have to fix some spots in the drywall behind the intruder.  

The best home defense weapon is a shotgun. CQB is what a shotty does best. Right now I’m a ***** for Kel Tec’s KSG, but there are a lot of affordable AR style auto-loaders out there. The most important thing to consider is corners. So, if you have to “cut the pie” which means to essentially turn a corner in a stead and crescent moon shape way. Like back out and then take the corner slowly, muzzle up, and “cut the pie.” If you have to do a lot of that then you want to consider a KSG or a Shockwave. I have corners so that’s why I go small. Easier to turn corners with. But, if your door, the “fatal funnel,”opens into a wide open area, then you want an auto loader which will be a bit longer, but that’s desirable in that scenario. Very advantageous. It’s all depending upon your terrain. 

6 hours ago, The_Dude said:

What about the car company that manufactured the box truck that French Haj used to drive over Frenchies on Bastile Day a few years ago — should the car manufacturer be sued? 

Skimming over it,  its a pretty narrow ruling  that allows the lawsuit to proceed only on the grounds that Remington may have triggered an exception in the PLCAA related to state laws regulating marketing practices.    

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Skimming over it,  its a pretty narrow ruling  that allows the lawsuit to proceed only on the grounds that Remington may have triggered an exception in the PLCAA related to state laws regulating marketing practices.    

That is so ridiculous that it has to be true. 

12 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

The best home defense weapon is a shotgun. CQB is what a shotty does best. Right now I’m a ***** for Kel Tec’s KSG, but there are a lot of affordable AR style auto-loaders out there. The most important thing to consider is corners. So, if you have to “cut the pie” which means to essentially turn a corner in a stead and crescent moon shape way. Like back out and then take the corner slowly, muzzle up, and “cut the pie.” If you have to do a lot of that then you want to consider a KSG or a Shockwave. I have corners so that’s why I go small. Easier to turn corners with. But, if your door, the “fatal funnel,”opens into a wide open area, then you want an auto loader which will be a bit longer, but that’s desirable in that scenario. Very advantageous. It’s all depending upon your terrain. 

I looked at that KSG, and it looks like the ultimate home defense weapon.  Under 7 lbs, lol.  I imagine like only 2% of intruders are armed, and meaning to harm me, so I prob wouldn't shoot him anyways.  If he just a scumbag thief I prob let him run, or whoop dat ass.  Thing is if you get out the gun, and then decide to ***** him up, he can end up with the gun.  Maybe it's best to just let the wife follow you with a gun.

31 minutes ago, daz28 said:

I looked at that KSG, and it looks like the ultimate home defense weapon.  Under 7 lbs, lol.  I imagine like only 2% of intruders are armed, and meaning to harm me, so I prob wouldn't shoot him anyways.  If he just a scumbag thief I prob let him run, or whoop dat ass.  Thing is if you get out the gun, and then decide to ***** him up, he can end up with the gun.  Maybe it's best to just let the wife follow you with a gun.

Sir....if you have a gun and lose the fight.....no sir you cannot do that. It must not be done. 

I have both a KSG and an AR style auto loader. 

3 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Sir....if you have a gun and lose the fight.....no sir you cannot do that. It must not be done. 

I have both a KSG and an AR style auto loader. 

Seeing you quoting "Wild Bill" made me wonder how many more poker games he'd have won if he had a KSG

8 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Im quoting Wild Bill? I did not know that. 

i may or may not have mistaken the quote.  Due to him dealing a K-4-10-k-10 or similar hand too many times, we will never know.  IOW, he prob did say that. Him or Bass Reeves or some other gunslinger.  Good advice.

You should have wrote some lines for Doc Holliday for 'Tombstome'.  The line you just made fits him pretty well.  Val Kilmer

Edited by daz28
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gary M said:

image330368x.jpg

Should the airplane manufacturer be sued?

Along with the architect and construction companies for the towers. If they didn't build the towers so tall and square...

On 7/17/2014 at 11:49 AM, Security said:

Seems that with more people arming themselves in Detroit, there is less crime. Can't just let the bad guys have guns. Need mandatory minimums on using guns that are not legal in crimes of at least 25 years.

http://www.caintv.com/detroit-police-chief-says-priv

Little bit of both here:

From the Detroit News:

"Detroit has experienced 37 percent fewer robberies in 2014 than during the same period last year, 22 percent fewer break-ins of businesses and homes, and 30 percent fewer carjackings.

...Criminals are getting the message that good Detroiters are armed and will use that weapon. I don’t want to take away from the good work our investigators are doing, but I think part of the drop in crime, and robberies in particular, is because criminals are thinking twice that citizens could be armed.

I can’t say what specific percentage is caused by this, but there’s no question in my mind it has had an effect.”

Detroit's crime rate is still disastrously high, but it is dropping. Of course, don't waste your breath telling any of this to the anti-2nd Amendment nutjobs. They're still running around, yapping about how gun control works.

“Our position is, more guns equals more crime,” Horwitz said “These are complicated issues, but the empirical evidence shows the states with the lowest gun ownership and the tightest restrictions have the fewest instances of gun violence."

Democrats clearly favor criminals.

After all, everyone is an angel.

....Except those white devils.

5 hours ago, LABillzFan said:

#believeallwomencanprotectthemselves

No, she's still a victim.  Seriously...could have been worse, obviously, but she killed that *****.  That's seriously traumatic, and I'm genuinely sympathetic to what she must be going through.

35 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

No, she's still a victim.  Seriously...could have been worse, obviously, but she killed that *****.  That's seriously traumatic, and I'm genuinely sympathetic to what she must be going through.

If I'm to believe youtube, as an off-duty Brazilian cop she must do this every day.