My daughter was in a hit and run accident this weekend

Details are a bit sketchy for me as the car has been taken away by the insurance company now to their own tow yard.....but pictures were taken and it appears to have clipped my car in the side of the front rather then head on.......so damage was done to the other vehicle but not enough that they couldnt drive away.

From what I understand the highway patrol is watching the body shops. There wouldnt be any cameras on the accident because that part of that road is very rural......its between cities.

by the way....that car was my Hyundai Accent.....so a very small car

Glad to hear she's okay John.

Almost the exact same thing happened to me about 2 years ago...although I had an Elantra so it was a bit bigger, but yeah, head on with a Chevy Suburban and walked away with only whiplash. Fortunately Mrs. Bandit--who was pregnant with the boys at the time--was not in the car. The girl that hit me tried to run, but her car was totaled and didn't run, so she got out and claimed to be having a panic attack and needed to go to the hospital.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's also just as likely that it is an illegal being in soCal.Smash up a car bad, someone has a cousin Paco that will fix it for a price.Uninsured motorist is the t=reason for high insurance rates in CA.There is not any no-fault here.

About 15 years ago, a cousin's kid hit a patch of ice in Clarence and wrapped her car around a pole. When the cop came upon the scene, he thought she was dead.She was still belted in the seat, but it was atop the passenger seat. A passenger would have been dead.The cop visited her in ECMC and told her how fortunate she was. It happened a few days before christmas and we were at her grandmother's house (my aunt) for Xmas. We stopped in to her room and she just had a collapsed lung, a concussion and various scrapes and bruises. She was home by New Years.

Sometimes God is smiling down on you and your family.

Was this the singer or another daughter?

Sometimes God is smiling down on you and your family.

Ain't that the truth Wacka! I was talking to a deckhand on Sunday... About the little boat that slammed into the barges, throwing and killing the occupants. I told him about my close call last month and how the car coming @ me the wrong way on the expressway nearly missed me. The deckhand had a chill come over him when I told the story. His father died in a similar incident. They lived near Peoria and his father was coming home from Great Lakes Naval Station (he was in the Navy). While traveling down I-55 outside Joliet, IL, a car was on the expressway the wrong way and slammed into him... Killing him instantly.

That night in May when I got home, I was like the Pope when I got in my driveway... Kissed the ground getting out of the car!

Glad she is okay John. Dang! Nothing is worse for a dad than one of his baby girls being harmed or potentially harmed. Exercise some restraint when they find the other driver -- I know how hard that will be. Every cell in your body will want to kill the mother!@#$er...

Having three adult daughters I can heartily agree with this. When someone threatens my daughter, some animal adrenaline kicks in.

I will say a prayer she is OK and the nonhuman is brought to justice.

did they find any paint on the car?

That's a good question that I asked about. John said that the insurance company took the car away. Even @ an indirect clip/brush or hit, it is amazing that the other car could have made it away, even limping.

Got me thinking about signs I have seen in Michigan. The signs say: Do NOT swerve for things like deer. I am like what? I guess it is better to keep going straight. Now, parked nut cases helping ducklings is another story. With keeping the course, I suppose the same thing can be said about a car that appears to cross the line? Both vehicles are moving. That can't be right. But, I guess if you swerve, you will be in a wreck 100% of the time. Now if you don't swerve, who knows if the car/wildlife (anything moving) will miss? Wild game of chances? Just like my close call last month, if I swerved, I would have been in the ditch for sure... I kept going straight and lucked out. Or was it really luck, he was in the left lane, myself in the right. The other driver was probably blasted and thinking he was going down a two lane road, not a divided expressway. It really pays to stay right folks, even if you are on a divided expressway and the only one in sight. Glad I didn't have a moment to think about the situation, it happened so fast.

I know it sounds crazy, unless you are truly clipped... The odds may be in your favor to stay the course, even if it is a game of chicken. Then again, you should always be able to react to a stationary object/obstruction.

Wow... I don't even want to think of all the chances we take each day! Glad all is well John, guardian angels taking care of things!

Hi guys.....

She is ok....yes this is my teen actor/singer......and somehow some way she walked out of this.

Things have not been easy for her all the way around this year.....she had went from the previous two years of being very close to making it onto some great hollywood projects to a combonation of problems with representation......finances dwindling......cars breaking down with major repairs was taking its toll.....I was (and still am) working 2 jobs and trying to keep her going as its a very expensive project.

When she got the call from her manager (who we should have dumped a year earlier.....(in the entertainment business loyalty is NOT a virtue) she decided that she wanted to take a year off, work for a while, get her finances and transportation in line....then go back next year and hit it again.

Then the car accident.

I am a very proud father.....my kids have never say die attitudes......my son tore is ACL his senior year of football and it took him 2 years but his is back playing junior college football......my daughter almost died (and it is scary to me that if her air bag WOULD have deployed like it should have she WOULD be dead) she is already back on plan

I just pray for all of you that you never get that 1am in the morning call that one of your kids is hurt.......we are a tough family that has been through a lot and I am still unsettled by it......my daughter has already moved past it.....

Hi guys.....

She is ok....yes this is my teen actor/singer......and somehow some way she walked out of this.

Things have not been easy for her all the way around this year.....she had went from the previous two years of being very close to making it onto some great hollywood projects to a combonation of problems with representation......finances dwindling......cars breaking down with major repairs was taking its toll.....I was (and still am) working 2 jobs and trying to keep her going as its a very expensive project.

When she got the call from her manager (who we should have dumped a year earlier.....(in the entertainment business loyalty is NOT a virtue) she decided that she wanted to take a year off, work for a while, get her finances and transportation in line....then go back next year and hit it again.

Then the car accident.

I am a very proud father.....my kids have never say die attitudes......my son tore is ACL his senior year of football and it took him 2 years but his is back playing junior college football......my daughter almost died (and it is scary to me that if her air bag WOULD have deployed like it should have she WOULD be dead) she is already back on plan

I just pray for all of you that you never get that 1am in the morning call that one of your kids is hurt.......we are a tough family that has been through a lot and I am still unsettled by it......my daughter has already moved past it.....

John -

Great to know she is tough like her old Dad and has come through this OK.

Hang in there.

Hi guys.....

Then the car accident.

John,

I've got two very young kids.

I can't even imagine how you must feel even though she is OK.

It's a father's job to protect your child and being that helpless would break most men. That's what being a father is about.

In glad she is OK and I'm sure she realizes how much you mean to her.