My daughter was in a hit and run accident this weekend

Coming home late from a friends house late Saturday night my daughter on a two lane road someone came over the divider and hit my daughters car nearly head on.......

Car rolled 3 times and landed on its roof......driver didnt even stop to see if she was alive or dead.

There is still hope for for people in this world because rather then leave my daughter like that on a dark highway people pulled over......called 911 (and me)

Car was completely totalled but somehow some way my daughter made it out of this without any cuts (she was just covered in glass I dont even know how that is possible) whiplash, and bruising.

Lucky to be alive actually.....the girl was wearing her seatbelt (kids do listen every once in a while)

Edited by John from Hemet

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Coming home late from a friends house late Saturday night my daughter on a two lane road someone came over the divider and hit my daughters car nearly head on.......

Car rolled 3 times and landed on its roof......driver didnt even stop to see if she was alive or dead.

There is still hope for for people in this world because rather then leave my daughter like that on a dark highway people pulled over......called 911 (and me)

Car was completely totalled but somehow some way my daughter made it out of this without any cuts (she was just covered in glass I dont even know how that is possible) whiplash, and bruising.

Lucky to be alive actually.....the girl was wearing her seatbelt (kids do listen every once in a while)

Holy crap, I'm so sorry! I'm so glad she "only" has whiplash and bruising, but that might be a bigger deal than you think in the first few days or even weeks.

Who called you, and what did they say? This has to be any parents' worst nightmare. I'm sure the world would go slow-motion as soon as I understood what the person was saying to me....

For a collision like that, how could they drive away?

They make the glass that way to avoid injuries. Car safety has come a long ways.

Glad she is okay John. Dang! Nothing is worse for a dad than one of his baby girls being harmed or potentially harmed. Exercise some restraint when they find the other driver -- I know how hard that will be. Every cell in your body will want to kill the mother!@#$er...

:o

Holy Snikes JfH. I hope she's okay. That's just horrible. Best wishes that there's no hidden damage to her.

The abulance on scene treated her and released.....but when I got there I made sure she went to the emergency to get a cat scan and further evaluation.....

Neck is hurting from whiplash....but I had that when I was in my car accident to so I expected that.

Holy crap, I'm so sorry! I'm so glad she "only" has whiplash and bruising, but that might be a bigger deal than you think in the first few days or even weeks.

Who called you, and what did they say? This has to be any parents' worst nightmare. I'm sure the world would go slow-motion as soon as I understood what the person was saying to me....

For a collision like that, how could they drive away?

They make the glass that way to avoid injuries. Car safety has come a long ways.

I currently work two jobs I have a day job and I deliver pizzas at night trying to get my finances in better shape (I am a pizza delivery driver)......most of that money I usually give to my kids to help them out.

I was on my last delivery of the night.....and talking to a customer when I got the call......I dont even remember that I sad to the customer and Im pretty sure they got their pizza.....then I was clocking out of the store so I could get to the crash scene.

Wow. Must be scary. Thank God she's ok!

Edited by meazza

Glad she's ok. Chances are she didn't have any cuts because of the glass. The "breakaway glass" breaks into small pieces and generally aren't sharp enough to cut like that. That's how they are engineered. I learned that at Corning Museum of Glass ;-) glad she's ok though. I'm betting the driver was drunk or high or a criminal and didn't want to get caught and risk going to prison for years.

Maybe someone should ask where Marcell and Marshawn were that night.

So sorry to hear this John. Are you in NY? You have what's called Uninsured Motorists Benefits or Supplementary Uninsured Motorist coverage (SUM) and it protects you (and all of us) for injuries which may be sustained which are "serious injuries" as defined under the NYS Insurance Law when the other vehicle is either uninsured or underinsured (meaning they carry minimum coverage or are unidentified/hit and run). Hopefully, she doesn't end up with a serious injury, but it's good to know you have that coverage if you are ever hit by an uninsured driver or one that carries minimum liability coverage. All medical bills are paid through No-Fault (if you are in NY). Hope she feels better and doesn't have to deal with any of these claims.

In in Cali and have uninsured motorist......

That is the other sucky thing about a situation like this.....everyone is shaken up but you still have to call the insurance company and report the accident at 2:00 in the morning.

I had full coverage on the vehicle.....which probably wont amount to much because it was an older car.

Thank God she's okay, John.

I hope they catch the scum who did it.

+1

Leaving the scene of an accident like that is a total lowlife POS move. I hope they catch this dirtbag before they kill someone, glad your daughter is okay and hopefully justice is delivered.