A Few Questions About Round 1

1) Can someone explain why the Browns gave away a 4th to move up to 8 for a guy no one thought would be taken before the middle of round 1? 2) Anyone else wonder why Jacksonville didn't make that deal with Buffalo? The Jags probably could have gotten Bortles at 9. 3) Anyone else relieved at the round one selections by our division rivals? All three seemed to be major reaches. 4) Watkins is a great prospect, but are you convinced that he is that much better than Odell Beckham?

Edited by mannc

1) Browns must have felt someone else was making the same move to get their CB.

2) if Bortles their guy why risk the move down, especially at the position he plays.

1) Can someone explain why the Browns gave away a 4th to move up to 8 for a guy no one thought would be taken before the middle of round 1? 2) Anyone else wonder why Jacksonville didn't make that deal with Buffalo? The Jags probably could have gotten Bortles at 9. 3) Anyone else relieved at the round one selections by our division rivals? All three seemed to be major reaches. 4) Watkins is a great prospect, but are you convinced that he is that much better than Odell Beckham?

1) Minnesota pulled this on Cleveland two years ago with Richardson too. Cleveland probably thought Detroit was looking to hop them for Gilbert (many mocks had them taking him at #10). I think they got suckered into it, but it didn't cost them too much.

2) Either the Jags were asking for much more than we wanted to pay, or they were worried that if we traded with them then Cleveland or Minnesota was going to take Bortles. Personally, I thought Jax should have taken Watkins at #3 and then gone QB in round two. But they seem to really like Bortles and I am happy we got Watkins instead.

3) The Jets made a very sensible pick at the right spot. The Dolphins reached for a tackle (I would have liked him for us in round 2). The Pats pick is yet another ??

4) Yes, Watkins is the real deal.

1) There were some strong rumors that the Steelers wanted Fuller. He wasn't a reach at 8, especially considering that you're locking him up for a few years instead of a division rival doing so. There was also a chance that the Lions were going to take him.

2) Maybe the Jags were asking for a bit too much. But, with Bortles on the board, how do you know that Cleveland, Oakland or Minnesota wouldn't take him?

3) I don't like the prospects of having to deal with Pryor twice a year. I think the Dolphins reached a bit for the OT. The Patriots did what they do, taking a big boom or bust prospect. They thrive on guys with upside, and taking chances on those guys. Easley could be a very disruptive force if he can overcome his injuries.

Edited by pafan