Top Five Needs

I know that this topic has been commented on in just about every thread in the last month, or more. But, I don't feel like I have seen an actual consensus on what our needs are. So, TWB, I challenge you: What are our top five player needs in order of importance, and WHY?

Why seems especially important because I am hoping (and expecting) that most of you will have very strong opinions on the subject. I am also expecting (and hoping) that about 50% of your opinions will be malarkey. But, as with most threads, it should really only take a few sentences, or so, to figure out who is rational, who is full of a-word-the-mods-would-strike, and who should be locked up. And, no, I don't think those three classifications are mutually exclusive. But, the one thing that pretty much every single person posting on this sight (especially this time of year), has in common is: You're all football junkies!

Right Tackle - time for Ej, time for receivers, blocking for RB this makes 3 positions better will allow young QB and receivers to improve.

DE - need to start planning for Mario to be gone and another 3 down DE will help rotation especially in our new defense.

Guard - Line needs depths and I would like to see a big dominant line that can maul you when they need to.

ILB - Strong back up for Spikes and development in case he is 1 and done

RB - Prepare for departure of our current backs do to age and or contracts

Big WR - I like Martavius Bryant Later in the draft.

CB - never can have enough depth at CB and could convert to S

Right Tackle - time for Ej, time for receivers, blocking for RB this makes 3 positions better will allow young QB and receivers to improve.

DE - need to start planning for Mario to be gone and another 3 down DE will help rotation especially in our new defense.

Guard - Line needs depths and I would like to see a big dominant line that can maul you when they need to.

ILB - Strong back up for Spikes and development in case he is 1 and done

RB - Prepare for departure of our current backs do to age and or contracts

Big WR - I like Martavius Bryant Later in the draft.

CB - never can have enough depth at CB and could convert to S

That's 7. Just kidding.

DE - I'm not worried about Mario for a couple of years, but an opposite threat will make this defense tough.

RT- I love a top 5 offensive line. Everyone plays better when you have a stellar line. Teams pass 65% of the time so a top RT is important.

G- obvious as we stunk last year post Levitre.

WR- I want a tall red zone threat. It doesn't have to be Evans, but another is needed as we have. Route runners, and speed.

TE- chandler looked noticeably slower post his ACL. He may come back to form this year, but EJ loves a big target. It's a young QB's best friend.

If Spikes plays well, we extend him, and we have CB's now especially with the pick up of Graham.

In order of importance (IMO):

Guard - EJ needs time to throw the ball and CJ/FJ need a hole to run through.

DE - like machine gun said, Mario will be fine but another end would really help the line

TE - Even if Chandler bounces back I'd like to see more two TE sets that use the second TE as an actual target and not a blocker. Also would be nice if they were the 1st and 2nd read on a few plays.

RT - Again, give EJ time and CJ/FJ help running the ball.

LB - cuz we have little depth after Kiko and Spikes.

I would include WR but with Williams I think we have a red zone threat in him (remains to be seen).

Edited by The Wiz

I know this is not going to be a fan favorite BUT........I think we need to address the CB position in this draft. To me, we are thin in that area. Then you look at Safety ans SS and it also looks thin there to me.

Cornerback Strong Safety Free Safety Stephon Gilmore Aaron Williams Da'Norris Searcy Leodis McKelvin Johnathan Meeks Duke Williams Corey Graham Jajuan Harley Nickell Robey Ron Brooks Brandon Smith Mario Butler

RT-Pears has had it. Time to upgrade the right side of the line.

DE-Need a bookend for the defensive line.

TE-Some think we are set here, but I would like to see a guy who can stretch the field a little bit.

ILB-Someone to replace Spikes eventually. Need depth here as others have stated.

OG/C-would like a versatile interior lineman for depth.

#1 - Another match-up-type Receiver - I feel Evans and Ebron fit this need perfectly, though admittedly they are different talents...I do prefer Evans to Ebron...

#2 - Right Tackle - An upgrade to Pears would certainly improve the Offense overall...

#3 - Defensive End - The Bills need better quality depth...

#4 - Safety/Big CB - They could use another mid rounder to develop in the secondary...

#5 - ILB - Spikes is only signed for one year, and there's not much behind him right now...

1. RT--a cone > Pears

2. DE need more than Mario and Hughes

3. FS when Manning Rogers Brady Stafford Rivers are lighting us up...

4. DT ( sneaky need bc I dont think Kyle makes it a whole season.)

5. LB we added the depth...but what if Spikes is exposed in a 4-3...he had help in his 3-4---he only had to worry about run

Edited by Big Blitz

More than 5... sue me! :D

ORT - I'll believe Hairston's return when I see it. My guess is he'll be released soon

Tight End - Promise, hope, and a lumbering old Chandler...

O-Guard / Interior O-line - Happy to have Williams, but not thrilled; and we have no depth

RB - This is higher than LB because it's easier to find LB depth. We may well soon need a new RB starter.

QB - We have to keep strengthening the most important position.

LB - I'm okay w Lawson, Spikes, and Alonso, but who is behind them? This scares me.

Punter - yes, I went there

Safety Depth behind Williams and Searcy

WR - I'm not convinced we have a good enough group until I see it on game day

RT - The line last year was OK in pass protection, but awful versus the run. The Bills placed a priority on running the ball last year, so I don't know how you put any position above this position in terms of importance. This does NOT suggest that they should pick this position in the first round none the less as there's value later.

DB - While I am perfectly fine with the starters that they have right now, the offensive system that they're going to run requires more than just your starting DB's. They need better players for nickle and dime packages and they need insurance in the event that starters get injured.

RB - I love Fred Jackson, but he's well on the wrong side of 30. Existing players will not fill that void and clearly Spiller is not an every down back.

LB - Also like the free agent pickups in Rivers and Spikes here, but where do you go after that? Both of those guys are getting a bit older and given that the run defense wasn't very good last year, I don't think you can simply rely on what we have.

WR/TE - These are pretty much one and the same for me, depending on who the Bills will actually use in their offensive sets. They are really young at WR but not so much so at TE. Personally, they're not in need of a Gronkowski/Graham, because they don't use the position like those teams do (i.e. as a primary offensive weapon).