Bills featured tonight on NFLN - Path to the Draft

let me guess, it will be brian baldinger and heath evans talking about what the bills need and who they should pick even though they prob didnt watch a single bills game last year...marshall faulk will prob chime in and say they need a running back because they dont have anyone on the roster to carry the ball right now followed by a solid head nod from mariucci. They will then cut to Deoin Sanders who will say if you want to beat Tom Brady you need a shutdown CB

Edited by Max997

let me guess, it will be brian baldinger and heath evans talking about what the bills need and who they should pick even though they prob didnt watch a single bills game last year...marshall faulk will prob chime in and say they need a running back because they dont have anyone on the roster to carry the ball right now followed by a solid head nod from mariucci

Ha ha, I remember after Peters 1st Pro Bowl Marshall Faulk suggested that the Bills needed a LT in the 1st. It was about the only position that they did not need at the time.

I do like Daniel Jeremiah and Charles Davis though (especially Jeremiah). They are pretty plugged in and have done a ton of scouting of these prospects. It will be worth tuning in at least for the Bills part.

For those who didn't see it, they went with Ebron. Jimmie Ward, and then Mosely. Has Mosely's stock really fallen to the 3rd round? Anyway, Casserly wasn't kind to EJ in comparison to the QBs in this draft. Charles Davis said he compared well with the 2nd tier. FWIW, Casserly had Lewan rated higher than Matthews.

For those who didn't see it, they went with Ebron. Jimmie Ward, and then Mosely. Has Mosely's stock really fallen to the 3rd round? Anyway, Casserly wasn't kind to EJ in comparison to the QBs in this draft. Charles Davis said he compared well with the 2nd tier. FWIW, Casserly had Lewan rated higher than Matthews.

No they were talking about potential targets. They listed Ebron, Lewan and Mosley as potential targets at 9 and Jimmie Ward and Deone Buchannon at 41.

Can't see Bills taking Ebron at #9. Maybe in a trade-down. No obvious candidates like Rams last year who'd want to trade up though. Brandon and Whaley seem pretty aggressive so I wouldn't be surprised with a trade up to get Robinson or Mack. Jax, Cleveland, and Oakland prime candidates. Similar to us with EJ, if one of them likes Carr, they can safely trade down and still get him at #9.

Can't see Bills taking Ebron at #9. Maybe in a trade-down. No obvious candidates like Rams last year who'd want to trade up though. Brandon and Whaley seem pretty aggressive so I wouldn't be surprised with a trade up to get Robinson or Mack. Jax, Cleveland, and Oakland prime candidates. Similar to us with EJ, if one of them likes Carr, they can safely trade down and still get him at #9.

Trading down is not a realistic option if they want Ebron, IMO. They'll need to take him at 9 because he likely won't get past the Giants at 12. I want Evans or Ebron, in that order, at 9. A tackle at 9 will make me ill, especially if it's Lewan. They can address RT later in the draft. Like WRs, OTs are deep. The difference is, you can still get a good starting OT in the 2nd, 3rd, or later. You won't get the coveted "big wins" (per Whaley) WR later on unless you want to take a chance on Indiana's Cody Latimer. Evans is the huge target this offense needs. If he's there, sprint to the podium and grab him. If not, grab the big, athletic TE in Ebron who's been described as a poor man's Vernon Davis. The Bills have been behind the new-wave TE trend for far too long. It's time to get on board. Get EJ that jump ball, red zone threat. Go big or go home.

Trading down is not a realistic option if they want Ebron, IMO. They'll need to take him at 9 because he likely won't get past the Giants at 12. I want Evans or Ebron, in that order, at 9. A tackle at 9 will make me ill, especially if it's Lewan. They can address RT later in the draft. Like WRs, OTs are deep. The difference is, you can still get a good starting OT in the 2nd, 3rd, or later. You won't get the coveted "big wins" (per Whaley) WR later on unless you want to take a chance on Indiana's Cody Latimer. Evans is the huge target this offense needs. If he's there, sprint to the podium and grab him. If not, grab the big, athletic TE in Ebron who's been described as a poor man's Vernon Davis. The Bills have been behind the new-wave TE trend for far too long. It's time to get on board. Get EJ that jump ball, red zone threat. Go big or go home.

This is what I am hoping for. if we needed LT, then I would say go with tackle first. I would love evans, but I don't think he falls to us. Ebron would still be a nice addition. At paper looks like reach, but he would def be a boost to our offense. Getting RT in the 2nd round looks promising. Really hope it is evans though. Adding him would pobably make our receivers and elite unit. He would be our number 1 and we would essentially has 3 numbers 2s,