I remember watching the bucs not that long ago

If MW can get his head on straight and bust ass and live up to his potential, we have a top 5-7 or so WR in the league. The kid can be a freak. I pray him coming back home to Buffalo will wake him up

Edited by Kellyto83TD

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If MW can get his head on straight and bust ass and live up to his potential, we have a top 5-7 or so WR in the league. The kid can be a freak. I pray him coming back home to Buffalo will wake him up

Or being back in Buffalo will reunite him with bad influences.

I see you're a glass is half empty, why can't I have more in my glass, is that a hair in the glass?, kind of guy...

Actually I'm not, just the opposite as a matter of fact. I hope Mike Williams plays great for the Bills, but this whole think is a little head scratching. His history with Marrone, bringing a guy that has a history of partying back to where he grew up. I don't know, but just seems odd.

And thinking to myself how jealous I was that the bucs had these big physical receivers that just seemed to manhandle defensive backs, take their lunch money (and the football) away from them and thinking how a QB for that team must just love the confidence that he had receivers that were open even when they were covered....

We just got one of them...... :)

Before we get ahead of ourselves, he still has to beat out... Ramses Barden!

We are pretty loaded at WR now. We are still developing Kauffman too who has a very high ceiling. We won't draft another QB until 2016 at the earliest since next year will be thin at QB due to so many JRs coming out this year. I still say we grab Mosley or Barr in the first.

We are pretty loaded at WR now. We are still developing Kauffman too who has a very high ceiling. We won't draft another QB until 2016 at the earliest since next year will be thin at QB due to so many JRs coming out this year. I still say we grab Mosley or Barr in the first.

Barr is going to be great IMO.

And thinking to myself how jealous I was that the bucs had these big physical receivers that just seemed to manhandle defensive backs, take their lunch money (and the football) away from them and thinking how a QB for that team must just love the confidence that he had receivers that were open even when they were covered....

We just got one of them...... :)

Isnt mike williams shorter than stevie? Not really sure about big and physical.

Isnt mike williams shorter than stevie? Not really sure about big and physical.

his legs are longer. His arms are longer. He plays much bigger and more physical than Stevie does. Edited by mrags

Actually I'm not, just the opposite as a matter of fact. I hope Mike Williams plays great for the Bills, but this whole think is a little head scratching. His history with Marrone, bringing a guy that has a history of partying back to where he grew up. I don't know, but just seems odd.

Well, it was a trade so I can't say Mike Williams "wanted" to be here. But on the flip side of that coin, new environment for a "troubled" athlete can only be beneficial imo...

Yes him and Marrone have a certain negative history, but I believe with the 1st big play he makes at the Ralph and hearing the Bills fans cheer, will make him feel right at home. Plus we have a pretty strong locker room chemistry or at least it seems that way from watching interviews of players.

The absolute worst case scenario for us is that he sucks, or gets injured, or has another "issue" and we lose a 6th round pick. I can live with those odds especially if it actually benefits us and Williams becomes a contributor.

Even if Mike Williams lives up to what he was in his better years in Tampa and Stevie does what he has done, we would still need Robert Woods and Goodwin to take that next step in order for the WR core to feature a full complement. Woods more so, I think Woods is very key to how that core develops. Of course adding a receiving tight end early in the draft would add another weapon for EJ.

his legs are longer. His arms are longer. He plays much bigger and more physical than Stevie does.

MW is 3/8" shorter but 5# heavier.

Gotcha. I've probably only watched him play a handful of games but I thought he was taller/bigger than what he is. I was surprised when I read on the Bills app that he's 6'1.

Woods will end up being our #1 WR, Williams can easily take #2. I am on the fence with Stevie, I just can't see him as more than a pure #2 on any team. Bills fans have had a long history of thinking a #2/#3 was a pure #1 when they weren't. If someone wants Stevie as part of a trade draft time, I have to listen

Mike WIlliams and Stevie might be roughly the same measurements......but when I look at them they dont play the same.....

- Lets keep in mind that Stevie Johnson isnt exactly small......6 foot and over is still a good sized receiver. Eric Moulds was roughly the same size but he was a STRONG receiver......he roughed up defensive backs and took balls away in traffic.

- Stevie is a unpredictable route runner which makes him a tough cover.....I never thought of him to be a particularly strong presense

- Mike WIlliams is a leaper.....he catches balls in traffic.....he plays bigger then he is

- Mike WIlliams looks to me to have a different kind of biuld......his wingspan appears to be longer......his upper body more thickly biult

I am not a fan of getting rid of Stevie just because we got Mike WIlliams......I am a BIG fan of having Mike Williams, Stevie Johnson, and Robert Woods on the field as the same time.

THat is 3 big receivers.....all talented.....all on the field.

I think we need a tight end now

Gotcha. I've probably only watched him play a handful of games but I thought he was taller/bigger than what he is. I was surprised when I read on the Bills app that he's 6'1.

He's 6' 1-1/2" which typically gets rounded up to 6'2".

Or being back in Buffalo will reunite him with good influences.

LOL.

Overall I'm pleased. The guy put up good numbers with Freeman throwing him the ball down there in Tampa. Low risk, and high reward IMO.

At 26, going on 27, he's in his prime right now.

Mike WIlliams and Stevie might be roughly the same measurements......but when I look at them they dont play the same.....

- Lets keep in mind that Stevie Johnson isnt exactly small......6 foot and over is still a good sized receiver. Eric Moulds was roughly the same size but he was a STRONG receiver......he roughed up defensive backs and took balls away in traffic.

- Stevie is a unpredictable route runner which makes him a tough cover.....I never thought of him to be a particularly strong presense

- Mike WIlliams is a leaper.....he catches balls in traffic.....he plays bigger then he is

- Mike WIlliams looks to me to have a different kind of biuld......his wingspan appears to be longer......his upper body more thickly biult

I am not a fan of getting rid of Stevie just because we got Mike WIlliams......I am a BIG fan of having Mike Williams, Stevie Johnson, and Robert Woods on the field as the same time.

THat is 3 big receivers.....all talented.....all on the field.

I think we need a tight end now

I agree. Put Stevie in the slot and let him juke around all day to get open. Put Williams and Woods on the outside.

Man if we could draft Ebron now, that would be a pretty damn good receiving corps: Williams, Stevie, Woods, Chandler, Ebron. :thumbsup:

Edited by bobobonators

I have a feeling they will try to pair him up with a mentor on the team to keep him on the straight and narrow. Laugh all you want, but I know there are players on other teams who have the same set up and it isn't public like some others - namely Dez Bryant, Pac Man Jones. Professional sports is just different, teams are willing to do this if they think the guy can help them win and isn't messed up in big-time stuff but just needs a good influence.

The Bills may feel they have a more postive locker room vibe and stronger team atmosphere that could help him turn the corner. TB was not known for this last year, it was a train wreck down there. If he can't turn it around, he says good bye to millions. It is on him and the Bills will try to help him, so he can help them.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I have a feeling they will try to pair him up with a mentor on the team to keep him on the straight and narrow. Laugh all you want, but I know there are players on other teams who have the same set up and it isn't public like some others - namely Dez Bryant, Pac Man Jones. Professional sports is just different, teams are willing to do this if they think the guy can help them win and isn't messed up in big-time stuff but just needs a good influence.

The Bills may feel they have a more postive locker room vibe and stronger team atmosphere that could help him turn the corner. TB was not known for this last year, it was a train wreck down there. If he can't turn it around, he says good bye to millions. It is on him and the Bills will try to help him, so he can help them.

Honestly and for real. Have Stevie big brother him . I know the age thing but Stevie is a family man and grounded and loves the Bills Edited by 3rdand12