I remember watching the bucs not that long ago

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Pair him up with the other Buffalo boy, Corey Graham. He's got his head screwed on straight.

I was thinking the very same thing. Corey was a great pick-up in the locker room and, I expect based on his history with the Ravens, on the field. Buffalo could find a far worse influence to team Mike up with. Let's hope this Mike Williams career doesn't go the way of the last WR named Mike Williams Tampa let go.

I have a feeling they will try to pair him up with a mentor on the team to keep him on the straight and narrow. Laugh all you want, but I know there are players on other teams who have the same set up and it isn't public like some others - namely Dez Bryant, Pac Man Jones. Professional sports is just different, teams are willing to do this if they think the guy can help them win and isn't messed up in big-time stuff but just needs a good influence.

The Bills may feel they have a more postive locker room vibe and stronger team atmosphere that could help him turn the corner. TB was not known for this last year, it was a train wreck down there. If he can't turn it around, he says good bye to millions. It is on him and the Bills will try to help him, so he can help them.

Since you said you live in Cbus I was wondering if you follow any coverage of the Browns... JG has a similar setup, maybe you are referring to him as one that is not publically talked about. If he were to take one misstep, gone for a year. Hence the babysitter. He has been discussed as trade bait, or as someone they won't sign long-term, which is sad as he is the best offensive weapon we've had in awhile.

Google Tapatalk security risks.

Can you be more specific.

This is all I could find:

Tapatalk is used by millions of users (it's the #1 paid app in Android and #5 in Apple) on 35,000+ forums including security-centric sites such as XDAdevelopers. I seriously doubt that Google and Apple would promote an application with major security flaws.

As a past identity theft victim, I am also concerned about security. After a quick search prompted by your comments, I was unable to locate any un-patched security concerns or any instance of identity theft attributed to Tapatalk. Although I disagree, I'm sure TPT has reasons for the removal of Tapatalk however - I don't believe it appropriate to alarm users with seemingly unfounded concerns about security.

Can you be more specific.

Many forums are opting out of TT for security reasons both on the forums and for the permissions it assumes on your device needed to run the app. I won't give up that much info to them. Try Permission Dog to see what permissions you give up when downloading an app. For forum concerns, here's a discussion about TT. Good read.

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=498992.0

Many forums are opting out of TT for security reasons both on the forums and for the permissions it assumes on your device needed to run the app. I won't give up that much info to them. Try Permission Dog to see what permissions you give up when downloading an app. For forum concerns, here's a discussion about TT. Good read.

http://www.simplemac...?topic=498992.0

There are zero security concerns listed in that post.

I give exactly zero poops if TBD can't see my IP or if I can see censored words. That has nothing to do with personal security.

They can also add that ignored users are still shown on TapTalk, again not a security issue a usability issue.

I'm only asking because if there is a real security issue I'd avoid the app but I don't see anything.

the usability of the form on a mobile device vastly improves when using the app imo.

To each their own.

Edited by Why So Serious?

There are zero security concerns listed in that post.

I give exactly zero poops if TBD can't see my IP or if I can see censored words. That has nothing to do with personal security.

They can also add that ignored users are still shown on TapTalk, again not a security issue a usability issue.

I'm only asking because if there is a real security issue I'd avoid the app but I don't see anything.

the usability of the form on a mobile device vastly improves when using the app imo.

To each their own.

Whatever, the app takes a lot of permissions, reads the access to WiFi connections and records other devices connected to my WiFi. It also has access to storage in my device that I simply don't want to have. I have greatly pared down the number of apps I have simply because they ask for too much information from you. So yeah, to each his own.