I remember watching the bucs not that long ago

And thinking to myself how jealous I was that the bucs had these big physical receivers that just seemed to manhandle defensive backs, take their lunch money (and the football) away from them and thinking how a QB for that team must just love the confidence that he had receivers that were open even when they were covered....

We just got one of them...... :)

Edited by John from Hemet

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep - living down here it was so frustrating not capitalizing on these guys talents because of other failings on the Bucs team.

MW is going to make us better if EJ progresses, and that is a big IF. I want to believe he will progress, not get injured, and we start winning. Trust me TBD folks, we upgraded at WR the other day?

I'm getting excited about this year after such a strong but silent free agency.

I never watched much Bucs ball but i do have a friend that is a fan so when i heard we got Williams i text him & asked if it was a good deal & he said definitely & that the Bucs goofed up by letting him go so let's hope Whaley & crew are finding these good players & will turn this team around ...

But i still hope they draft another QB in the later rounds !! Just incase ...

Yep - living down here it was so frustrating not capitalizing on these guys talents because of other failings on the Bucs team.

MW is going to make us better if EJ progresses, and that is a big IF. I want to believe he will progress, not get injured, and we start winning. Trust me TBD folks, we upgraded at WR the other day?

I'm getting excited about this year after such a strong but silent free agency.

Williams makes us better if EJ progresses? Why not Williams should help EJ progress?

Why is "Trust me TBD folks, we upgraded at WR the other day?", a question? What exactly is a strong but silent free agency?

What exactly is a strong but silent free agency?

you know, one of those classic "speak softly but carry a big stick" free agencies. much better than an "it is what it is" free agency but not quite as good as a "tall, dark and handsome" free agency.

Edited by Dirtbag

I still want Evans, who could be like Vincent Jackson.

Maybe so Doc, but do or will we have someone to throw to this plethora of wide receivers?

Like you, I have my fingers crossed for Manuel, but imo he needs to run. I try, but I just don't view him as a great pocket passer. QBs, blockers and pass rushers are what we should focus on at #9.

Again my friend, jmo.

I had Mike Williams in Fantasy Football the last two seasons. 2012 he was a stud. My only concern here is that he played along side Vincent Jackson and we have no Vincent Jackson on our roster. I am holding out hope that we will still draft either Mike Evans or Ebron from North Carolina. We need as many weapons (prferably big) that we can stockpile.

I never watched much Bucs ball but i do have a friend that is a fan so when i heard we got Williams i text him & asked if it was a good deal & he said definitely & that the Bucs goofed up by letting him go so let's hope Whaley & crew are finding these good players & will turn this team around ...

But i still hope they draft another QB in the later rounds !! Just incase ...

yes, to both

I had Mike Williams in Fantasy Football the last two seasons. 2012 he was a stud. My only concern here is that he played along side Vincent Jackson and we have no Vincent Jackson on our roster. I am holding out hope that we will still draft either Mike Evans or Ebron from North Carolina. We need as many weapons (prferably big) that we can stockpile.

I believe that after the trade for Williams, Evans will be drafted by Tampa. We are going to take Ebron now in the first. That gives us a ton of weapons, EJ better put up numbers this year or we maybe drafting another QB next draft.

Maybe so Doc, but do or will we have someone to throw to this plethora of wide receivers?

Like you, I have my fingers crossed for Manuel, but imo he needs to run. I try, but I just don't view him as a great pocket passer. QBs, blockers and pass rushers are what we should focus on at #9.

Again my friend, jmo.

EJ's got some things to work on, but again there were a lot of factors working against him last year and improving his weapons will only help. It appears that the QBs are poised to fall precipitously in the draft, and if any/most of the 4 teams who desperately need QB's aren't biting, the Bills shouldn't, and won't, either. He'll get the year to prove himself one way or another, as it should be.

As for the pick, I do not want a RT at 9 or even in the first 2 rounds. A good one can be had at the top of the 3rd. If Evans isn't there, I'd trade down and go defense, probably LB.

MW was productive his first 2 seasons with VJ and last year he was injured.