Favorite Non- Bill Player

plenzmd1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anquan Boldin. Plays the game the right way and has been a pro bowl level WR since the day w stepped on an NFL field. Certainly not the player he once was, but is still pretty damn effective. It's always irked me that he has been traded twice in his career for a total of a 3rd and 6th round picks.

Bill Romanowski, for spitting in Deon Sanders face. Not a very nice thing to do, but made me and my buddies have a pretty good laugh.

When told he was voted the third dirtiest player of all time he responded by saying he was number one among active players

First, i am a guy that never, in any sport, has a "2nd team". If i have a team i root for passionately, i pretty much hate ever other team in that sport .

Having said that, i occasionally find myself rooting for other players because of something they did off the field, how they carry themselves on the field, or a combination of both..

Brandon Marshall is that guy for me right now. I think it takes a ton of courage for him to acknowledge his mental illness , and actively speak about and raise awareness on the subject. I loved last year when he wore the green shoes, even when he knew he would get fined, to elevate that cause. I have been rooting for him for a couple of years now.

http://thinkprogress...wareness-shoes/

And the guy just seems like the ultimate team mate. I hope the Bears take care of this guy when its time

http://profootballta...-leave-chicago/

Anyway, was curious if other folks out there have some other guys they like..(and not just for fantasy reasons)

Mike Alstott the original and better beast mode.

Current player JJ Watt

... Johnny FOOTBALL MANziel

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Steve Smith. Underrated his whole career due to playing for Carolina and having no one to throw him the ball, until they drafted Cam. He is an absolute warrior and his post game pressers are awesome.

Edited by mannc

Marshawn is my favorite to watch. JJ Watt for befriending those kids whose parents were killed, not to mention he's a freak on the field too. Favorites from the past were Earl Campbell and Kellen Winslow.

I tend to watch former Bills. If they played for our team (unless they parted on bad terms and depending what that reason was), I tend to pull for them. Especially when they have success or win a super bowl (Don Beebe from way back). Kind of like, I knew he could it. Good for him.

I am lifelong Bills and Sabres fan but my two favorite athletes ever are Trevor Linden and Steve Largent. Don't ask me why, just loved both of them since when I was a kid. Have a sweet framed Linden poster from his rookie year in my office to this day. Also, I hate Peyton Manning. And I think it's because of discussions like these when people say, "I don't care if you're a Broncos fan, you gotta love Manning." No I don't. That's exactly why I don't.

Edited by metzelaars_lives