After giving this some thought....my first 2 picks

No NO NO...You don't take a RT at #9...Not the value pick! Take Evans if he's there! Ebron...If they are gone...LB....You can get decent tackles in the 2nd or 3rd. This offense needs weapons!

This team has weapons all over the darn place. Problem is that they have to stay in to help block because our offensive linemen sure ain't doing it.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This team has weapons all over the darn place. Problem is that they have to stay in to help block because our offensive linemen sure ain't doing it.

They do have weapons...I won't argue that...

But they don't have anything like Evans or Ebron currently on the roster...They just don't...Not saying they can't make due with what they have assuming EJ plays well...Just saying...

I'm not opposed to O-line at #9 as long as it's Matthews or Robinson...And I doubt very much Robinson will still be available...Outside of that I would be happy with Evans or Ebron...Though I would prefer Evans...If only slightly... B-)

They do have weapons...I won't argue that...

But they don't have anything like Evans or Ebron currently on the roster...They just don't...Not saying they can't make due with what they have assuming EJ plays well...Just saying...

I'm not opposed to O-line at #9 as long as it's Matthews or Robinson...And I doubt very much Robinson will still be available...Outside of that I would be happy with Evans or Ebron...Though I would prefer Evans...If only slightly... B-)

this is why Evans will be the pick.. DIVERSITY! if we've learned anything during this free agency period, it's that Whaley and Marrone are building a team where the additional player's talents complement those already on the roster.. and although we don't have a TE with the skills to match young Ebron, if our current TE are healthy we have good depth and the potential to attack a D with diverse skill sets.. the same can be said to a degree about out WR corp, but we lack the 'go get it' receiver. Evans is the perfect compliment to our current roster of WRs - just as Spikes was to our LBs. We will draft Evans - i have no doubt about it - because his addition will create so many matchup problems in our opponents' secondaries. you know who hopes we don't take Evans? Belichick! you know who's been getting ready for us to draft Evans? you got it!

i, for one, have been very impressed with the common sense manner in which our team is coming together.. honestly, i don't think many of you appreciate how Whaley and Marrone are working their plan.. fortifying the team, getting diverse talents, becoming harder to defend.. to attack.. it's got the makings of a very solid 2014 Bills team.. i wish more of you were enjoying this offseason as much as i am, but like the great Danny O'keefe once wrote ~

like a dog on the corner,

that can't raise it's head

it settles for lifting it's leg instead..

guess you're entitled to your pessimism, but you're gonna enjoy 2014.. hope Jimbo sticks around to see it..

Edited by BackInDaDay

No NO NO...You don't take a RT at #9...Not the value pick! Take Evans if he's there! Ebron...If they are gone...LB....You can get decent tackles in the 2nd or 3rd. This offense needs weapons!

Three of the top 5 picks last year were linemen who played right OT for their teams. You take them that high because you think they might be able to dominate.

I am saying we should take Lewan, I just don't know enough about his situation and Clowney beat him pretty bad imho....

I too like the trade down and I too don't see it happening. Maybe Evans.... It's a disappointing pick to me, but when you watch him he dominates with size and strenght. IDK if he can do it in the pros, nobody does though.

The bigger ends are rated low and I am not crazy about the safeties and just would be disappointed with a replacement pick in rd. one.

IDK, I think whaley has his hands full with this one....i don't see any scenario with any of the top 5 prospects falling to us.... Trading up costs just too much, we need those picks. It would be awesome if somehow we could trade up to three and grab Clowney if he falls. It would cost probably two ones and two twos to do it (at least I would think).

If I thought Manuel was the answer I'd make that trade, but I don't know, so I wouldn't.

Three of the top 5 picks last year were linemen who played right OT for their teams. You take them that high because you think they might be able to dominate.

I am saying we should take Lewan, I just don't know enough about his situation and Clowney beat him pretty bad imho....

I too like the trade down and I too don't see it happening. Maybe Evans.... It's a disappointing pick to me, but when you watch him he dominates with size and strenght. IDK if he can do it in the pros, nobody does though.

The bigger ends are rated low and I am not crazy about the safeties and just would be disappointed with a replacement pick in rd. one.

IDK, I think whaley has his hands full with this one....i don't see any scenario with any of the top 5 prospects falling to us.... Trading up costs just too much, we need those picks. It would be awesome if somehow we could trade up to three and grab Clowney if he falls. It would cost probably two ones and two twos to do it (at least I would think).

If I thought Manuel was the answer I'd make that trade, but I don't know, so I wouldn't.

I actually view it quite differently.....

If Whaley picks right he could get 3 legit players in the 1st 3 rounds of this draft.........it is so deep.

This is barring any trade downs and quite honestly I think its gonna be tough to trade down because the draft is so deep.

1st pick - OT Lewan. Yes I know he had the off the field thing but we have also drafted some players that have had some off the field stuff this past draft in Kiko and Duke. In a draft where it is widely considered that the 1st 3 OT's of this draft are better then the top OT's taken in the past draft I think Lewan is a pretty safe pick here for RT. Keep in mind I am saying RIGHT TACKLE.....I am not talking about any of this nonsense of moving Glenn to RT. We need to keep Cordy there and pay the man. I think Lewan comes in and gives us solid bookends for the forseeable future. Lewan plays with nasty which he will need at the next level.

2nd Pick - Jenkins TE. I have been really on the Ebron pick but the people that talk about how he doesnt play on the line have a legit point. Ebron is a H back very large WR type while Jenkins is a legit in line blocking TE that catches everything thrown at him, doesnt go down on first contact like Chandler......and is actually pretty fast for someone of that size.

To me the name of the game is getting mashers on the field for the running game.......and guys with dependable hands for our young QB....I think the Manuel to Jenkins connection would be good and could be good very quick. Jenkins will take a ball away from a defender in the footage I have seen.

Finally, the post we've been waiting for!

now just add a QB with the third and I like your thinking.....lol

I've posted this in other threads:

if your going to stay with EJ Manuel then you might as well help him by giving him more time to throw and a better running game. you can do that with an OT.

my draft scenario:

#9 - OT best available if one of robinson, Matthews or lewan.

#41- TE Austin seferian Jenkins

#73- QB AJ McCarron

I like your first two, but the third won't happen.

now just add a QB with the third and I like your thinking.....lol

I've posted this in other threads:

if your going to stay with EJ Manuel then you might as well help him by giving him more time to throw and a better running game. you can do that with an OT.

my draft scenario:

#9 - OT best available if one of robinson, Matthews or lewan.

#41- TE Austin seferian Jenkins

#73- QB AJ McCarron

Instead of McCarron, may be take a flyer on Murray. I think he has a bigger upside than McCarron.

Those OTs played RT but are eventually expected to move to LT. If they don't, it will be a failure of sorts given their lofty draft positions. If the bills are looking for a RT, they shouldn't take one on the first or even second day.

Those OTs played RT but are eventually expected to move to LT. If they don't, it will be a failure of sorts given their lofty draft positions. If the bills are looking for a RT, they shouldn't take one on the first or even second day.

Doc is right. A "dominant RT" is like a "dominant men's room attendant" at this point. Don't need one (if such a thing exists at all)--we need playmakers. Stevie and Chandler would only be described as "playmakers" in Buffalo--they are "Buffalo good". Can't we do better?

I wouldn't take an OT at #9 ... the top 3 OT's being mentioned for Buffalo to take at #9 are LT's and they know it ... if drafted by Bills they most likely play their part at RT until the rookie contract is done and then the Bills will probably lose them to a team that will play and pay them as LT's ... the pay difference between RT's and LT's is huge ... I normally don't care what a team pays a player cuz it isn't my money, but the players care and they want as much as they can get ... if I was a top LT in draft and had to play RT and get RT pay due to who I was drafted by, I would play my hardest for that team at RT until FA and then jet to a team that will play and pay me at LT ... nothing against that team, but it's just business ... now of course this is if I lived up to my potential, ie: Oher

I do want Buffalo to take a RT tho .. and one can be had in rd 2 or 3 with this deep class

This is barring any trade downs and quite honestly I think its gonna be tough to trade down because the draft is so deep.

1st pick - OT Lewan. Yes I know he had the off the field thing but we have also drafted some players that have had some off the field stuff this past draft in Kiko and Duke. In a draft where it is widely considered that the 1st 3 OT's of this draft are better then the top OT's taken in the past draft I think Lewan is a pretty safe pick here for RT. Keep in mind I am saying RIGHT TACKLE.....I am not talking about any of this nonsense of moving Glenn to RT. We need to keep Cordy there and pay the man. I think Lewan comes in and gives us solid bookends for the forseeable future. Lewan plays with nasty which he will need at the next level.

2nd Pick - Jenkins TE. I have been really on the Ebron pick but the people that talk about how he doesnt play on the line have a legit point. Ebron is a H back very large WR type while Jenkins is a legit in line blocking TE that catches everything thrown at him, doesnt go down on first contact like Chandler......and is actually pretty fast for someone of that size.

To me the name of the game is getting mashers on the field for the running game.......and guys with dependable hands for our young QB....I think the Manuel to Jenkins connection would be good and could be good very quick. Jenkins will take a ball away from a defender in the footage I have seen.

I like your thinking. These two picks would help us immensely immediately.

There is ZERO chance that Lewan is on the Buffalo Bills draft board. Given his record of violence and intimidation, he has a serious personality disorder IMO.

IMO Lewan doesn't even get drafted in the first round. A team desperate enough can get away with it PR wise with a second round pick, but not a first round pick. There's a real sick story about him intimidating a girl and I don't see how any NFL team would want any part of those kind of questions in their first round pick's initial press conference. I personally wouldn't draft him in any round. IMO he's a carbon copy of Incognito.

Just curious, did you know that he was just charged with aggravated assault a few days ago?

Edited by 1billsfan

You do realize that injuries happen....if god forbid something happened to Glenn who on this current roster you would want starting at left tackle?

We have done so much investing on the D line in recent years

I get what you are saying, but that rationale can be made for any position.

I would love to have stud tackles at RT and LT but not when the Bills still have a couple of areas that need more upgrading and when i feel RT can be addressed in the 3rd.

Don't like either of these picks. Lewan has red flags and may not be able to play LT in the NFL. Jenkins is soft. I want Ebron. Did anyone ever see Antonio Gates or Tony Gonzalez ever make a block in their entire career? No. They stood there and at best got in the way. It is a pasing league. TE's break defenses because there is enough of a threat to run that it forces players like Spikes to stay on the field and get eaten for lunch by atheltic TE's and WR's running short crossing routes. Take Ebron and get a RT in the second or third round. Totally agree we need to add an OT in this draft no matter waht Hairston's health status is.