After giving this some thought....my first 2 picks

This is barring any trade downs and quite honestly I think its gonna be tough to trade down because the draft is so deep.

1st pick - OT Lewan. Yes I know he had the off the field thing but we have also drafted some players that have had some off the field stuff this past draft in Kiko and Duke. In a draft where it is widely considered that the 1st 3 OT's of this draft are better then the top OT's taken in the past draft I think Lewan is a pretty safe pick here for RT. Keep in mind I am saying RIGHT TACKLE.....I am not talking about any of this nonsense of moving Glenn to RT. We need to keep Cordy there and pay the man. I think Lewan comes in and gives us solid bookends for the forseeable future. Lewan plays with nasty which he will need at the next level.

2nd Pick - Jenkins TE. I have been really on the Ebron pick but the people that talk about how he doesnt play on the line have a legit point. Ebron is a H back very large WR type while Jenkins is a legit in line blocking TE that catches everything thrown at him, doesnt go down on first contact like Chandler......and is actually pretty fast for someone of that size.

To me the name of the game is getting mashers on the field for the running game.......and guys with dependable hands for our young QB....I think the Manuel to Jenkins connection would be good and could be good very quick. Jenkins will take a ball away from a defender in the footage I have seen.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is barring any trade downs and quite honestly I think its gonna be tough to trade down because the draft is so deep.

1st pick - OT Lewan. Yes I know he had the off the field thing but we have also drafted some players that have had some off the field stuff this past draft in Kiko and Duke. In a draft where it is widely considered that the 1st 3 OT's of this draft are better then the top OT's taken in the past draft I think Lewan is a pretty safe pick here for RT. Keep in mind I am saying RIGHT TACKLE.....I am not talking about any of this nonsense of moving Glenn to RT. We need to keep Cordy there and pay the man. I think Lewan comes in and gives us solid bookends for the forseeable future. Lewan plays with nasty which he will need at the next level.

2nd Pick - Jenkins TE. I have been really on the Ebron pick but the people that talk about how he doesnt play on the line have a legit point. Ebron is a H back very large WR type while Jenkins is a legit in line blocking TE that catches everything thrown at him, doesnt go down on first contact like Chandler......and is actually pretty fast for someone of that size.

To me the name of the game is getting mashers on the field for the running game.......and guys with dependable hands for our young QB....I think the Manuel to Jenkins connection would be good and could be good very quick. Jenkins will take a ball away from a defender in the footage I have seen.

now just add a QB with the third and I like your thinking.....lol

I've posted this in other threads:

if your going to stay with EJ Manuel then you might as well help him by giving him more time to throw and a better running game. you can do that with an OT.

my draft scenario:

#9 - OT best available if one of robinson, Matthews or lewan.

#41- TE Austin seferian Jenkins

#73- QB AJ McCarron

I wouldn't mind this at all, and Lewan is probably the only one of the top three to be there at #9.

I also think the Bills will trade back and get two #2's like last year. The Bills could gamble a bit and trade back hoping that Zack Martin doesn't get grabbed by the Giants at 12, or see the Dolphins trade up to get him. that is, if they actually want an OT.

Taylor Lewan http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664410/taylor-lewan :compares to Jake Long.

A Seferian-Jenkins http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/2028290/austin-seferian-jenkins :compares to Marcedes Lewis

Zack Martin http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1664509/zack-martin :compares to Logan Mankins

now just add a QB with the third and I like your thinking.....lol

I've posted this in other threads:

if your going to stay with EJ Manuel then you might as well help him by giving him more time to throw and a better running game. you can do that with an OT.

my draft scenario:

#9 - OT best available if one of robinson, Matthews or lewan.

#41- TE Austin seferian Jenkins

#73- QB AJ McCarron

This pleases me

I would rather add a playmaking receiver in the second round like kelvin Benjamin of Florida State or Allen Robinson from Penn State. Then try and grab Trou Niklas out of Notre Dame in the 3rd round if he lasts that long

Edited by BIllsNation

what do we do if two QBs drop and Bortles, Robinson, Lewan, Matthews, Mack, Clowney, Watkins and Evans are the top 8 selections. Could vey likely happen. Ebron at 9? ROT in rd 2? I'd vomit if we take a safety. I don't see a jj watts in the middle of this draft.

+1

1st pick - OT Lewan. Yes I know he had the off the field thing but we have also drafted some players that have had some off the field stuff this past draft in Kiko and Duke.

I've been a Michigan fan for over 20 years now...I've watched Lewan on the field more than I care to admit (only because Michigan lost more than I could stomach during this period... :lol: ) and I love his athletic ability and potential...I've been saying it here for a while now that I see Lewan as a slightly more physical Nate Solder...And I think that's a very good thing...

Now...For the bad news...I don't have as much info on Taylor Lewan as the Bills do and I trust they will do their due diligence...But the off-the-field stuff with this kid is not anything to discount...In fact, IMHO it's the most important factor in whether or not to Draft him...And I don't think it's comparable to Kiko and Duke because both Kiko and Duke had a long stretch of good behavior after their incidences... I've read an awful lot about these 2 situations Lewan got himself in and...well...like I said in another thread this is not your typical "College kid drank too much and did a dumb thing..." To me his actions in these two situations are seriously major red flags...Not to mention if in fact the accounts given by the victims are accurate (and the fact that Lewan has now been charged pretty much proves a bunch of officials who wanted nothing to do with bringing charges against the kid believe the victims story) Lewan stood up in front of every NFL team and lied his ass off at the Combine...

I don't know...This is just me and I'm not the Buffalo Bills...It's just my opinion and for lack of anything more it's mainly a gut feeling I have about the kid...But I am a Michigan fan, and I would not Draft Taylor Lewan...I think he's a ticking time bomb...I felt diferently before the charges were brought against him...But knowing how much they wanted to sweep this thing under the rug, and still seeing him being charged in this case...Well...It does not look good to me at all...

If the Bills do Draft him I'll hope for the best though...We'll see... B-)

I just recently started think Barr (great pro day) in the first and there should be a RT avialbale in the second, pass rushers are very rare and due to the cap situation we will probably say goodby to Mario next year.

I have been trying to understand the logic of drafting a RT in round one. I just do not get it.

This draft has tackles that will be available later that can start at RT. The Bills have a good young LT that is going to get paid in 2 years.

The Bills have plenty of other needs like play making wr or te. On D you could arguee they need a DE to go opposite M Williams. They also need a Safety.

Personally i take a play maker in the first and go D in second. Go RT in 3rd, or even trade back into the mid to late second if you have to.

Please do not take a RT in the first round.

Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin . and TJ Graham early picks. How about we grab studs to stop the run and guard the other teams receivers ? Our receivers are not great but they are much better than the team that just won the Super Bowl. We need to use early picks on a stud O'Liner which there are just a few and a linebacker or Dback. There are Wr's in the 4th round or later in this draft if you insist on taking one.Enough with dessert picks when we don't have a main course yet. If we take Mike Evans or Eric Ebron over Lewan, Matthews, C.J Mosley, Anthony Barr, Justin Gilbert or Clinton-Dix...I'm going to be highly pi$$ed.......... AGAIN

I've been a Michigan fan for over 20 years now...I've watched Lewan on the field more than I care to admit (only because Michigan lost more than I could stomach during this period... :lol: ) and I love his athletic ability and potential...I've been saying it here for a while now that I see Lewan as a slightly more physical Nate Solder...And I think that's a very good thing...

Now...For the bad news...I don't have as much info on Taylor Lewan as the Bills do and I trust they will do their due diligence...But the off-the-field stuff with this kid is not anything to discount...In fact, IMHO it's the most important factor in whether or not to Draft him...And I don't think it's comparable to Kiko and Duke because both Kiko and Duke had a long stretch of good behavior after their incidences... I've read an awful lot about these 2 situations Lewan got himself in and...well...like I said in another thread this is not your typical "College kid drank too much and did a dumb thing..." To me his actions in these two situations are seriously major red flags...Not to mention if in fact the accounts given by the victims are accurate (and the fact that Lewan has now been charged pretty much proves a bunch of officials who wanted nothing to do with bringing charges against the kid believe the victims story) Lewan stood up in front of every NFL team and lied his ass off at the Combine...

I don't know...This is just me and I'm not the Buffalo Bills...It's just my opinion and for lack of anything more it's mainly a gut feeling I have about the kid...But I am a Michigan fan, and I would not Draft Taylor Lewan...I think he's a ticking time bomb...I felt diferently before the charges were brought against him...But knowing how much they wanted to sweep this thing under the rug, and still seeing him being charged in this case...Well...It does not look good to me at all...

If the Bills do Draft him I'll hope for the best though...We'll see... B-)

I have to agree with you and I think the Bills will also and pass on this guy.

Not high on Lewan .

Jenkins ? Yes for sure

But i would take a RT/LT at nine this year .

BPA except QB.

Rumors are starting that everyone wants to trade back due to depth. I know i do. Unless its Mack or Robinson or Matthews or Watkins or maybe even Evans

Robert Woods, Marquise Goodwin . and TJ Graham early picks. How about we grab studs to stop the run and guard the other teams receivers ? Our receivers are not great but they are much better than the team that just won the Super Bowl. We need to use early picks on a stud O'Liner which there are just a few and a linebacker or Dback. There are Wr's in the 4th round or later in this draft if you insist on taking one.Enough with dessert picks when we don't have a main course yet. If we take Mike Evans or Eric Ebron over Lewan, Matthews, C.J Mosley, Anthony Barr, Justin Gilbert or Clinton-Dix...I'm going to be highly pi$$ed.......... AGAIN

Glad I'm not alone. We have plenty of skill position players. What we need are the big men. I'd rate offensive tackle and guard as our biggest weakness. If one of these guys can fill in for Wood, that would be a bonus. Next would be another DE built like Mario. Are there any highly rated centers that can play guard? Wood started out that way for us. Edited by Rockinon