Bills coaches want to move on from training staff, FO dysfunction

FluffHead

My take is Marrone is on borrowed time if the team loses so many games again this year.

I agree, if this team has a losing record this season I think it shows an inability to change the culture and Marrone gets fired. For all the talk about change, there was too much of the same-old from this team. Especially after that loss to KC. A lot of variable effort and results.

• Replies 501
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, if this team has a losing record this season I think it shows an inability to change the culture and Marrone gets fired. For all the talk about change, there was too much of the same-old from this team. Especially after that loss to KC. A lot of variable effort and results.

It's been one year

No salary cap on trainers. Dollar for dollar their might not be a better investment that a team could make.

I've heard of Dr. James Andrews. I don't care if he's a surgeon and not a trainer. Git r dun.

Or maybe Pantywad Graham is making this stuff up.

More from P.W. Graham:

@ByTimGraham: Interesting dynamic emerging btw younger Bills staffers and F.O. greybeards they refer to as "lifers," meddling with hopes. Blog to come.

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2014/02/23/sources-disconnect-youngsters-lifers-bills-organization/

Scouts and coaches have been aggravated with decisions made by chief financial officer Jeffrey C. Littman (with the team since 1986), senior vice president of football administration Jim Overdorf (with the team since 1986) and senior vice president of communications Scott Berchtold (with the team since 1989).

OH SNAP!

It's been one year

And such is the problem with not going all out to get a staff off on the right foot. They made the same mistake when they hired Gailey. In making it near impossible for teams to be consistently competitive without exceptional QB play.......but still being short of quality QB's.......the NFL coaching profession has turned into a momentum game. Ask Leslie Frazier, Mike Shanahan or Gary Kubiak to name a few recent examples. The Bills were guilty of firing Gailey despite not actually giving him the tools to win......they fired him because his forward momentum ceased and his players were subsequently showing a lack of faith in his program. If the Bills are aware of this new NFL reality they would be looking hard at one of those QB's if they slide in round 1. If EJ falls and there isn't another potential franchise QB ready to take over then the momentum stops cold. Then it's a question of whether you want to start year 3 of Marrone with another rookie QB and a roster full of players who associate that staff with bad QB decisions and losing.

Edited by BADOLBEELZ

I've never been a bigger Marrone and Whaley fan than I am after reading that article...This should be interesting...We'll see how true Russ is to his word I guess...Because from the outside looking in all these years it seems like a no-brainer (to me at least) to give Marrone and Whaley what they want... B-)

And this is what I am talking about. When you hire tired old hands like Jauron and Gailey they take what you give them and are just glad to have the job. Whaley and Marrone aren't spent yet. It's about time somebody they hired had the balls to let it be known that they weren't willing to go down in flames with bad decisions from Ralph's inner circle just to get a chance to stay in the game for another season.

This is a direct slap in the face to all of the people who claimed that great change had been made within the organization.

You were wrong.

When the coach and GM have to float their gripe into the local media......whom they rarely share anything with.....you know that they feel their lack of power within the organization is a problem.

The question now is does anything change? Russ can't send Whaley and Marrone packing, nor are they going to change their organizational priorities. Littmann, Overdorf, and Berchtold are on solid ground and aren't going anywhere either.

Russ has his work cut out from him and it doesn't sound like he's making the situation better.

The question now is does anything change? Russ can't send Whaley and Marrone packing, nor are they going to change their organizational priorities. Littmann, Overdorf, and Berchtold are on solid ground and aren't going anywhere either.

Russ has his work cut out from him and it doesn't sound like he's making the situation better.

Brandon is squarely in the cross-hairs in this situation...This is the first real big test for him...Not hiring Marrone, or elevating Whaley, because those were organizational decisions...If he truly has the power he claims to have he can shake things up big-time and further move this franchise into the 21st century...If not I don't think you'll see Marrone or Whaley wait it out longer than a couple more years...I don't see either of them being the types that are going to simply be yes men for very long...They're young...But they're not dumb... B-)

This is the Bills were talking about here

Agreed...Any other team and I would have my doubts as well...But this is the Buffalo Bills and...well...enough said... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS